Author Topic: Would the Raps do this? (Just a heads up, this involves Beasley again)  (Read 987 times)

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=74oqkdk

Clips pick goes to the Raptors. Webster can be substituted with Wes Johnson in the trade in my opinion.

I really, really like the Wolves as a trade partner, primarily because they really want to get rid of B-Easy. Hate on him all you want but I think we'd agree that he has talent.

The Wolves also have a major weakness in their lineup, which always makes for a good trade partner.

In addition, they have youth. There can be other moving pieces in the trade that would benefit every team involved.

Why for the Wolves?

As I've said before, they're having a fire sale on Beasley and are warming up to the cap space we can provide. Barbosa is a vet and a shooting guard. They get everything they need here.

They also get to develop either player as their primary SF (or at least placeholder primary SF).

Why for the Raptors?

Whether it be Martell Webster or Wes Johnson, they get their (perhaps temporary) fix for the small forward position. The Wolves are stacked right now at the SF and I imagine either one of those players will thrive much more on a team that is thin in their position. So in essence, they're making an investment. Regardless, I'd take Webster or Johnson over any small forward on their roster.

(I might be overvaluing Wes Johnson though as I have grown quite fond of him after the Beasley trade rumors emerged. A misfit underdog who plays defense like a big man. What's not to like?)

Losing Ed Davis sucks but they get Bass, who at least has some experience of winning, always nice on a losing team. If I were the Raps GM, I'm going for Bargnani (sp.) at the 4 and Valanciunas (sp. again) at the 5 as my future frontcourt. Bass fits better under that rubric as a second (third?) fiddle and gives them (imo) a **** load of versatility in lineups. Ed Davis is just going to waste.

Plus he doesn't want to be in Toronto apparently which I think Bass might given enough enticement. (http://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/ed-davis-doesnt-want-toronto-17067.html)

Finally, they were shopping Barbosa anyway and wanted our Clippers pick. There you go and, oh look, you've also netted something more in return (imo anyway).

Finally, why for us?

We need bigs. Sorry but as much as I love Bass, he doesn't count. Ed Davis plays big and we need that now. If he bulks up, centers are rare as heck in the league and he's potentially a good one with size being less and less of an issue.

JO for Beasley? 'Nuff said.

I'd give up a low pick to (1) turn nothing (JO) into something and (2) get a true big in return for Bass (again, I have nothing but love for what he brought). Did I mention that they're both 22?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:38:01 AM by bfrombleacher »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Raptors give up Ed Davis for the Clips pick and half a season of Bass and Leandro Barbosa for Martell Webster.

Doesn't make any sense.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
bosa would be a perfect fit in minny.

dont think the raps do this though and ainge is NOT trading that pick.