Author Topic: Philly Trade Idea  (Read 4021 times)

Re: Philly Trade Idea
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 02:40:34 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
He's starting the rest of the season as the point guard, while Holiday is going to play off the ball more like when he was at UCLA...

Holiday is not a good PG, and struggles when he has to focus on involving his teammates..

Turner can run the offense better, and will be able to play his game now that he is inserted in the lineup.. even if he struggles at shooting, Jodie Meeks was shooting horrible in the starting lineup, and HIS only responsibility was to shoot... he became a huge liability for the sixers

I'll believe it when I see it.

16 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists vs. the Jazz
24 points, 15 rebounds, and 3 assists vs. the Knicks

Offense looks crisper, and his jumpshot has been money... only thing holding him back is confidence... the kid has all the tools...

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I don't like Holiday because the team my 'My Player' was on in NBA 2K11 traded for him and he was horrible. Sure, he got a lot of assists because my guy was a catch and shoot type scoring over 40PPG, but he can't shoot.

2K11 never lies.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He's starting the rest of the season as the point guard, while Holiday is going to play off the ball more like when he was at UCLA...

Holiday is not a good PG, and struggles when he has to focus on involving his teammates..

Turner can run the offense better, and will be able to play his game now that he is inserted in the lineup.. even if he struggles at shooting, Jodie Meeks was shooting horrible in the starting lineup, and HIS only responsibility was to shoot... he became a huge liability for the sixers

I'll believe it when I see it.

16 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists vs. the Jazz
24 points, 15 rebounds, and 3 assists vs. the Knicks

Offense looks crisper, and his jumpshot has been money... only thing holding him back is confidence... the kid has all the tools...

of course he has all the tools -- thats why he was drafted second overall. 

beasley and marvin williams have looked like all-stars at times over the last couple of year, too.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »

Offline BostonArizona

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
If I'm Philly and I think we can contend this year I jump at the Pierce+Bass deal in a heartbeat(although I might ask for a future 1st as well).

The 76er's roster is sort of its own worst enemy. They have so much talent 10 deep that they can't maximize their players. Consolodating talent from the wing while also adding a quality PF makes their rotation much more managable.

Rotation of:
Holliday
Iggy
Pierce
Brand
Hawes
With key players off the bench: Williams/Meeks/Bass/Vucevic

Makes more sense to me than their current roster.

I will say I think Philly overvalues Turner though, which would probably make him nearly untradable.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bad trade for Philly. If Philly had a scoring threat at the 4 position who could take over at the end of a game they would be in the same category as Miami and the Bulls for me... If Philly could get a Gasol without trading too many of their core pieces they'd be a legit contender.