Author Topic: Would you make these controversial decisions if you were Celtics GM?  (Read 4264 times)

Re: Would you make these controversial decisions if you were Celtics GM?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The C's big three is too old to bring the fresh leg power every night .

So we acan watch beat up on the bottom feeders or dump the big three "NOW" and get what we can and see if some good drafts picks can be got.

To stay out this rutt , will need to UNLOAD and retool.  

Or we can watch this level of BB for anothert 3 three yrs and talk about how it used to be, , till they are old enough for medicare.

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, I too think the window has closed.  While it is true that the playoffs will give us more rest I don't like our chances.  Anything can happen but I would think about seeing what we could get for them.   If the offers is not good then ride it out.   

But getting something would be better than getting nothing.   I seriously doubt our capacity to do a lot of damage in the playoffs.  This game for was first place in the Atlantic.   I would have thought that our guys would have summoned a little more fortitude than they did. 

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Of course the Celtics make those deals...the other teams don't though.

I will say though that Washington might be a team that I could see moving their first rounder depending on where it lands. If their pick is not a top 5 pick, meaning they get someone that is a virtual lock to be very good, and they end up with a pick in the 6th area, I think Washington might move the pick.

I just think that after the top 5 there isn't a lot of difference between players in the 6-18 area.

Also, I think Washington is going to be very careful about their salary situation. JaVale McGee is due to be paid and they already owe Blatche $23 million over the next three years. If they don't amnesty Lewis, which to me would be nuts but we are talking about the Wiz, Nick Young also has to be resigned and the first rounder is going to start at about $3 million a year or more.

We will see but if they don't get into the Davis/Kidd-Gilchrist/Barnes/Drummond I could see them possibly moving the pick for an established player.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I don't know why we need 10 of these threads every single day.  The bottom line is the big three have little trade value.  Having KG and Ray expire to create cap space is more valuable to the team than anything the C's can get in return for them.  Why should the C's trade them for marginal players and/or bad contracts?  What does that accomplish?  I doubt Wyc trades Pierce (unless he requests/demands it).