Author Topic: Cold Hearted Ainge: Two Potential Pre-Deadline Deals with IND & SAA  (Read 9958 times)

Re: Cold Hearted Ainge: Two Potential Pre-Deadline Deals with IND & SAA
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I believe this team is  still good enough to compete for another title. We only need to make minor configures.

Trade J.O. + JJ +  2nd Rounder for Beasely
Trade both 1st rounders  + Dooling for Eric gordon
Sign a free agent center.

Next year....
Sign Jeff, we'll be good to compete again for 1 more year.

Rondo/Bradley/Moore
Gordon/Allen/Pietrus
Beasely/Pierce/Pietrus/Green
Bass/Green/Beasely/Garnett
Garnett/Wilcox/Bass/Center

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the Celtics would like to trade Rondo, but only if it brings back an All-Star quality player in return, and none is available right now, then I think the correct course is to wait and see if one becomes available in the future rather than settling for less because you want to do a deal now.

The Cs would have to believe his value will improve. I doubt that's the case. The reason they'd keep him is because they get poor offers. That's the lessor of evils, but I guess they'll have earned it by constantly discussing him with other teams and therefore driving his value down day after day.  
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I don't think that the Pacers will trade George at all...

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the Celtics would like to trade Rondo, but only if it brings back an All-Star quality player in return, and none is available right now, then I think the correct course is to wait and see if one becomes available in the future rather than settling for less because you want to do a deal now.

The Cs would have to believe his value will improve. I doubt that's the case. The reason they'd keep him is because they get poor offers. That's the lessor of evils, but I guess they'll have earned it by constantly discussing him with other teams and therefore driving his value down day after day.  

It can also be the case that other players' values might decrease.  If a superstar has indicated that he plans to become a free agent, his team might become more interested in a Rondo-centric package as the best return they can get.  Maybe a year from now, JuJuan Johnson looks like more a guy who will be a starter in the NBA, and a package of Rondo, Johnson, someone drafted in 2012, and a future first-round pick is what gets you someone who is a likely All-NBA first or second team player, whoever that may be.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 09:16:30 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I was perusing the Philly boards last night and they talked for a while about the following deal, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on it (I don't think it's been discussed here):

Rondo for Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner.

Now, I don't know if they would do it (I doubt it), but that's one of the more interesting proposals I've seen so far considering their youth, talent, potential and contracts.

TP for throwing this out there before the latter had a career night and the Celtic laid an egg.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I was perusing the Philly boards last night and they talked for a while about the following deal, and I wanted to hear your thoughts on it (I don't think it's been discussed here):

Now, I don't know if they would do it (I doubt it), but that's one of the more interesting proposals I've seen so far considering their youth, talent, potential and contracts.

I would do that deal in a cocaine heart beat.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Turner sure made me eat some crow tonight.  He looked all world tonight.

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I would do that deal in a cocaine heart beat.

Amen. Doubt the Sixers would.

But if Doug Collins couldn't talk the front office into it, he probably could into this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=759o9df

Or to seal the deal, take back a year of Brand, since we're not getting a FA we want this summer anyway:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6qq7xb6
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:50:35 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)