Author Topic: Marcus Lewis D-league  (Read 2308 times)

Marcus Lewis D-league
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Was looking at D-League stats and noticed Marcus Lewis a 6'8 245lb PF who is averaging 13 rb per game. If we end up making trades and a roster spot becomes available he might be worth a look. 13 rebounds a game is good at any professional level especially when the the guy who is second in the D-League is averaging 9 per game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:58:13 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Marcus Lewis D-league
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
For comparison, last season's D-League rebounding leaders.

Rebounds Per Game
1.    Jeff Adrien-TOT    11.4
2.    Jermareo Davidson-IDA    10.1
3.    Courtney Sims-IOW    9.6
4.    Patrick Ewing-TOT    9.4
5.    Sean Williams-TEX    9.4
6.    Marvin Phillips-FOR    9.3
7.    Chris Johnson-DAK    9.2
8.    Othyus Jeffers-IOW    9.1
9.    Joe Alexander-TEX    8.9
10.    Marcus Cousin-AUS    8.6

Like Jeremy Lin, Adrien was a Golden State rookie who was cut, then picked up by the Rockets.  Houston cut the 6'6" energy big in favor of Greg Smith last month.  Sean Williams is sitting on the end of the Dallas bench.  Othyus Jeffers is a guard who would have been on the Wizards this season if he hadn't torn his ACL in the off-season.  We know who Chris Johnson is.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Just for insurance against JO, KG, or Bass haveing to miss any time - why not sign him now and cut Sasha?

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »

Offline bostonpatriot

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 6
He was a D-League backup for most of his career and he's a 6'7'' center. I haven't seen him playing this year in the D-League, but  he used to always be in need of a serious conditioning program. I'm skeptical he has somehow become a NBA player.

In the vein of undersized bigs with good rebounding, a guy I liked watching in the D-League this season was Malcolm Thomas from the Toros. Interesting prospect. Can't really help this year though.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Just for insurance against JO, KG, or Bass haveing to miss any time - why not sign him now and cut Sasha?

Well, first, I'd cut Daniels before Pavlovic.  And if I were going to cut someone to make room for a big in the D-League, I'd go for Dan Gadzuric first, who I suggested as an option in another thread.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference