Author Topic: Help Ainge get Beasley  (Read 9225 times)

Re: Help Ainge get Beasley
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
How can we get Beasley without giving up too much? The scoring would be so much better.

From everything I've read, the Wolves are lukewarm to cap room (JO + money) but will do it for just a little more but we're not giving up that first for just Beasley. That's why I think:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vnbk24

Everybody gets what they want. Wolves a decent shooting guard and some vet presence along with cap room, Kings a potential SF (Wes Johnson) and we get a big and scoring.

Would you give up the Clippers's first for Thompson and Beasley?

How do you propose we get Beasley? I think a third team would be very helpful since they want a SG and we want a big.

Sacramento wouldn't do this and Minnesota wouldn't even think about doing this.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 01:45:57 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

You can't just throw away the whole concept of shooting efficiency, though.  Beasley's ability to get his own shot is nice, but as long as Rondo's around and getting other people their own shots, I'll take the smart, efficient shooter.  

I'm not trying to argue too strongly in favor of Beasley.  I'm not sure it's worth giving up a 1st round pick to increase our playoff chances from longshot to slightly-less-of-a-longshot.  But advanced stats can sometimes miss the forest for the trees.  This Celtic team has real problems scoring because, like Phoenix with Nash, it's extremely dependent on one guy to make the offense work.  But unlike Phoenix, Boston plays at a very slow place which exaggerates its scoring droughts.

For all his flaws, Beasley would not only provide more scoring but he can score in exactly the ways this teams needs.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Let me say this to my earlier post.

I think Beasley a head case, immature, and a bad fit and don't want him here.

But if he is here because we traded our 2nd rounder and Jermaine O'Neal and absolutely positively nothing more than that, I'm all for bringing him aboard.

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

You can't just throw away the whole concept of shooting efficiency, though.  Beasley's ability to get his own shot is nice, but as long as Rondo's around and getting other people their own shots, I'll take the smart, efficient shooter.  

I'm not trying to argue too strongly in favor of Beasley.  I'm not sure it's worth giving up a 1st round pick to increase our playoff chances from longshot to slightly-less-of-a-longshot.  But advanced stats can sometimes miss the forest for the trees.  This Celtic team has real problems scoring because, like Phoenix with Nash, it's extremely dependent on one guy to make the offense work.  But unlike Phoenix, Boston plays at a very slow place which exaggerates its scoring droughts.

For all his flaws, Beasley would not only provide more scoring but he can score in exactly the ways this teams needs.

Mike

He wouldn't just need to create his own shot either. He is athletic and would benefit tremendously playing with Rondo who would get him more open looks and easy buckets in transition(like Wilcox)

Being able to create his own shot is just another benefit, its not like we are gonna be asking him to play point forward

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Also I wouldn't trade him for a first rounder either probably. I just think if you swing a steal than its a no brainer

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Beasley is a soft, inefficient volume scorer who likes shooting long twos, even if they are contested.  He doesn't seem to have any other positive attributes, not being particular special as a rebounder or passer.  He is, at best, indifferent to defense. 

I doubt he's the kind of player whose shot selection will improve or who will become more dedicated to defense.  Is that something you can live with?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference