Author Topic: Help Ainge get Beasley  (Read 9229 times)

Help Ainge get Beasley
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:43:20 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
How can we get Beasley without giving up too much? The scoring would be so much better.

From everything I've read, the Wolves are lukewarm to cap room (JO + money) but will do it for just a little more but we're not giving up that first for just Beasley. That's why I think:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vnbk24

Everybody gets what they want. Wolves a decent shooting guard and some vet presence along with cap room, Kings a potential SF (Wes Johnson) and we get a big and scoring.

Would you give up the Clippers's first for Thompson and Beasley?

How do you propose we get Beasley? I think a third team would be very helpful since they want a SG and we want a big.

Re: Help Ainge get Beasley
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:38 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Nobody is going to take on 4 more years of John Salmons. The Wolves would simply be taking on a bunch of extra salary to downgrade their roster in this scenario.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Please people stop with the Michael Beasley threads....PLEASE!!

The kid is an immature, pot head, no direction, no defense, all about me type of player that is just a horrible fit in this town.

For those wanting Beasley so much, just wait until next season and you are going to get a more mature, more intelligent, more talented, and more defensively focused player. His name is Jeff Green and he will be cheaper and better than Beasley will ever be.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:08:52 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
for being almost 7 feet u would think he'd have more blocks...ok

i think we got our team as is for one more run after this season..and beasley, sleepy and grumpy wont improve us

lets jus hold to what we got after all we still a pretty good team

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:10:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

i think we got our team as is for one more run after this season..and beasley, sleepy and grumpy wont improve us

Yo...as they say in Boston...this is wicked smart...

Tip to you bro.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
More like help Ainge force his way out of Boston.  Beasley is garbage and he needs 100 shots a game to get his points.  Not a good locker room presence, not a good passer, not a good role player. No No No.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Tip to you bro.

what do u mean tip..?

me no habla boston

im in cali

tip what brotha?

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 12:09:45 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Tip to you bro.

what do u mean tip..?

me no habla boston

im in cali

tip what brotha?

Tip o the glass bro...

Clink

Salud

Cheers

We on the same page

***sippin****

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:35:22 AM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING

The kid is an immature, pot head, no direction, no defense, all about me type of player that is just a horrible fit in this town.

For those wanting Beasley so much, just wait until next season and you are going to get a more mature, more intelligent, more talented, and more defensively focused player. His name is Jeff Green and he will be cheaper and better than Beasley will ever be.
Jeff Green is more talented than Beasley? I find that extremely hard to believe. Beasley was arguably the best player in college basketball 4 years ago as a freshman in KSU. In terms of fit, I'd say Jeff Green is a better fit no questions asked. Maturity, basketball IQ, and defensive focus can be corrected through experience, whereas talent can not.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:03 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

this. he just won't fit our system PERIOD.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 01:56:42 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Your anti-Beasley rage sounds kind of personal / judgmental.

Having Green and having Beasley are not mutually exclusive things, by the way. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I don't think this really adds to the thread, and is kinda weird to say.

But I agree with Nick, Beasley is not the type of character you want around this team or any team you are trying to rebuild.  I think a team can survive some knuckelheads like Nate and guys like that, but the distractions that Beasley brings with him are not welcome here in my opinion. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

But I agree with Nick, Beasley is not the type of character you want around this team or any team you are trying to rebuild.  I think a team can survive some knuckelheads like Nate and guys like that, but the distractions that Beasley brings with him are not welcome here in my opinion. 

Why is the "rebuild" part even in your argument? That has nothing to do with acquiring Beasley. Just say you don't want him for a  2 month rental because when your argument is based around him not being good for rebuilding you aren't discussing what everyone else is.

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Why is the "rebuild" part even in your argument? That has nothing to do with acquiring Beasley. Just say you don't want him for a  2 month rental because when your argument is based around him not being good for rebuilding you aren't discussing what everyone else is.

My argument applys to this team too, Beasley is a week person from everything that I have heard or read about him, we saw KG make Baby cry, I think if Beasley didnt come in and immediate straighten up, (which I think is a long shot) the veterans would probably get on him and he would completely shut down. 

Also not sure a state that has decriminalized marijauna is a good spot for him.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

My argument applys to this team too, Beasley is a week person from everything that I have heard or read about him, we saw KG make Baby cry, I think if Beasley didnt come in and immediate straighten up, (which I think is a long shot) the veterans would probably get on him and he would completely shut down. 

Also not sure a state that has decriminalized marijauna is a good spot for him.

On September 3, 2008, at the NBA's Rookie Transition Program, Beasley was involved in an incident along with fellow rookies Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur. Police responded to the hotel room of Chalmers and Arthur following a fire alarm at 2 am and claimed that the room smelled strongly of burning marijuana, but none was found and no charges were filed. Chalmers and Arthur were excused from the camp[46] because of the incident and were later fined $20,000 each for missing the rookie camp, but were not fined or suspended for any drug-related violations. Both later denied any involvement with marijuana.[47] Originally, ESPN reported that Beasley was also present in the room,[48] but was not asked to leave camp. The story was later updated and any mention of Beasley was removed from the article.[49]

On September 18, 2008, Beasley was fined $50,000 by the league for his involvement in the incident after Pat Riley forced him to confess to league officials that he had slipped out the door when the police arrived.[50][51][52]

On August 24, 2009, Beasley reportedly checked into a Houston rehab center, just days after he posted pictures of himself on his Twitter page with what some have speculated to be marijuana in the background.[52] It is unknown if the rehab was drug related; as a report states, he was receiving counseling for stress-related issues.[53]

On June 26, 2011, Beasley was driving in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka when he was pulled over by a policeman for speeding. The policeman noticed that the car smelled of a strong odor of marijuana. The officer allegedly found marijuana in a plastic bag under the front passenger seat. However, Beasley said the marijuana was not his, but belonged to a friend whom he had just dropped off. Beasley was consequently fined and ticketed.[54]

Later in 2011, Beasley was on a NYC streetball tour with good friend and all-star Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant. On August 4, 2011, Beasley was participating in a streetball game at Dyckman Park in the Inwood neighborhood of New York City. In the game Beasley played on the 914 team (Green Shirts) and Durant on Team Nike (Black Shirts). Beasley was being heckled throughout the game. Deciding he had enough while a member of the black team was shooting free throws, Beasley walked up to the heckling fan. They argued and exchanged words, then Beasley gave the fan the open hand, pushing his face away.[55]

Just a summary of some of the issues, and good for pat riley for making him confess