Author Topic: I love this trade idea  (Read 3702 times)

I love this trade idea
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7t9qkmh

Not sure how phoenix and the lakers feel about it but o well. If we are going to trade ray ray, Michael Redd would be a great filler.

maybe throw in a 2nd round pick to the suns to sweeten it a little.

Re: I love this trade idea
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 10:26:52 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
The Suns and Lakers would have no reason to involve us whatsoever. A Nash-Bynum trade would absolutely have to involve Gortat going to LA or else the Lakers would refuse it every time.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
Phoenix gets a franchise center and Ray for a 39 year old Nash and Gortat?  and the deal needs to be sweetened?  Lakers and Celtics fade to obscurity, while the suns throw a parade as they can pair their lottery pick with Bynum and skip 3 years of rebuilding.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
Phoenix gets a franchise center and Ray for a 39 year old Nash and Gortat?  and the deal needs to be sweetened?  Lakers and Celtics fade to obscurity, while the suns throw a parade as they can pair their lottery pick with Bynum and skip 3 years of rebuilding.

I think you're wrong if you think that the Celtics say no to this deal. Ray for Gortat and Redd is a gift, but there's no reason for the Lakers to do this deal.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Suns love this trade idea too. But the C's and Lakers don't....and neither do I.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
steve n kobe

i would watch them run

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:22:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
suns make out like bandits.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 12:00:19 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
C's come out shining.....Suns come out happy.....Lakers lose big time.
GREATEST TRADE EVER!

okay....if you could find the Lakers a viable PF in the deal so that Gasol could be the center (Lopez backup center), they might entertain this one, but only if they get that extra starting big plus a first rounder.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:57:43 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney

I think you're wrong if you think that the Celtics say no to this deal. Ray for Gortat and Redd is a gift, but there's no reason for the Lakers to do this deal.
Redd is useless.  Gortat is a good player, but we are not contenders without Ray.  Gortat is not good enough to build around.  This is the type of trade that would leave us stuck as an 8th seed in the east.  If we trade any of the Big 3 it would be for stars (Josh Smith, Eric Gordon), rookies with upside, or draft picks.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Redd is useless.  Gortat is a good player, but we are not contenders without Ray.  Gortat is not good enough to build around.  This is the type of trade that would leave us stuck as an 8th seed in the east.  If we trade any of the Big 3 it would be for stars (Josh Smith, Eric Gordon), rookies with upside, or draft picks.

Gortat is actually quite good. If the Suns were willing to give up Gortat for Allen, we'd have to do that.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 01:26:03 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney

Gortat is actually quite good. If the Suns were willing to give up Gortat for Allen, we'd have to do that.
   I know he is good, but you can't rebuild around him.  He would be in his 30s by the time we become relevant again.  Ray for Gortat is something the Celts should never consider.  We need guys younger than Rondo to rebuild. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 05:05:12 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I see no reason why the Lakers would do this, even if their getting Nash. Man, the Suns would take this deal all day.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7t9qkmh

Not sure how phoenix and the lakers feel about it but o well. If we are going to trade ray ray, Michael Redd would be a great filler.

maybe throw in a 2nd round pick to the suns to sweeten it a little.
ridiculous

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
1. Gortat is a legit center and Bynum is only outperforming him by a slight margin.

2. Michael Redd is old but still got a lil left in him and if we got him and Gortat for ray, i'd take it in a heartbeat.

3. L.A. might need a big man but pau and nash would hit it off for sure and who knows what kobe would do with an actual point gaurd, i don't think he's ever had one.

that's my thoughts on it and why I like it.

But thank you all for commenting!  8)