Author Topic: Celtics Hoping To Land Eric Bledsoe..??(unsourced rumor)  (Read 13115 times)

Celtics Hoping To Land Eric Bledsoe..??(unsourced rumor)
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Me personally, is against the trade idea of Ray for Bledsoe +Mo UNLESS we are moving Rondo for Howard or Smith.. http://www.rantsports.com/courtcrusades/2012/03/05/boston-celtics-holding-out-for-eric-bledsoe/
The Boston Celtics are not actively shopping guard Ray Allen but according to a league source, the Celtics are fielding phone calls for the veteran.

The Celtics seem to have a prize in mind for Allen and there seems to be a team to possibly give them that prize. The team being the Los Angeles Clippers and the prize in the Celtics’ eyes is Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers are still skeptical in trading Bledose because they believe he’s part of the team’s immediate future. Plus, Ray Allen is aging and is becoming injury-prone.

Boston will probably still hold out for Bledsoeifitcomesdown to thenitty-gritty of thetrade deadline.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:49:47 PM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Celtics Hoping To Land Eric Bledsoe..?? *Link*
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK!

This rumor is hot-garbage.

The guy (whose name I won't even list, cuz that's how you let the bad-guys win) took a quote from Alex Kennedy:

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA/status/176853061229219840

Which said only:
The Boston Celtics aren't actively shopping Ray Allen, but they're "accepting calls," according to one executive.

And turned that into 'Celtics Holding Out For Eric Bledsoe".

EDIT: Not a knock on Ticketz, this is prime season for unsubstantiated rumor-mongering from the lesser-able of the NBA writers.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Celtics Hoping To Land Eric Bledsoe..??(unsourced rumor)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:51:32 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The Celtics seem to have a prize in mind for Allen and there seems to be a team to possibly give them that prize. The team being the Los Angeles Clippers and the prize in the Celtics’ eyes is Eric Bledsoe.

Not only is that pure speculation, but it's some of the worst writing I've seen in ages. Who's writing this: a 5th grader?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:52:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Not only is that pure speculation, but it's some of the worst writing I've seen in ages. Who's writing this: a 5th grader?

Aw you clicked on it. Bad Lucky. Bad.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:43 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Aw you clicked on it. Bad Lucky. Bad.

Couldn't help it. It's a slow work day, and I'm battling a bagel sandwich-induced food coma.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
nothing wrong with clicking the link.  its like reading the national inquirer or the trade idea forums on cb....entertainment, if you go in with the frame of mind.  both can be humorous

Re: Celtics Hoping To Land Eric Bledsoe..?? *Link*
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 04:59:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK!

This rumor is hot-garbage.

The guy (whose name I won't even list, cuz that's how you let the bad-guys win) took a quote from Alex Kennedy:

https://twitter.com/#!/AlexKennedyNBA/status/176853061229219840

Which said only:
The Boston Celtics aren't actively shopping Ray Allen, but they're "accepting calls," according to one executive.

And turned that into 'Celtics Holding Out For Eric Bledsoe".

EDIT: Not a knock on Ticketz, this is prime season for unsubstantiated rumor-mongering from the lesser-able of the NBA writers.

You give Kennedy credit, but no love to the Picasso of the Trade Machine, who has been tossing out this trade for months?

But yeah, this seems to be just another recycled/created "rumor", that is really just pure speculation based on a trade that makes some sense.

For the C's, it makes a little sense, because Bledsoe is a guy they reportedly coveted before the draft, and he is the only thing of value the Clippers have to offer...and for the Clippers, Ray Allen could be the missing piece to make them the favorites this year.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
nothing wrong with clicking the link.  its like reading the national inquirer or the trade idea forums on cb....entertainment, if you go in with the frame of mind.  both can be humorous

I think the problem with clicking the link it that the more hits this guy gets, the more it reinforcement he is getting for bad reporting.  It is like a Dog that keeps jumping up on the couch.  If you let him stay up there and pat him, then he is never going to learn.

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

No no...you're missing the point (and it was tongue in cheek), but the reason why you don't click on the link is that these writers who conjure up stories from nothing and pretend they're 'sourced' because they have a twitter account get positive reinforcement from page views.

IE, clicking on a page is implicit approval of what they did.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
Yeah it may just be speculation, but its surprising because I've heard from one of my people (not saying I gave the greatest source in the world) that the Celtics Mavs and Clips were working on a 3 team deal with the main pieces being Odom,Allen,Foye,Bledsoe.. you can take it with a grain of salt , I'm just passing along what my guy told me.

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

I think the problem with clicking the link it that the more hits this guy gets, the more it reinforcement he is getting for bad reporting.  It is like a Dog that keeps jumping up on the couch.  If you let him stay up there and pat him, then he is never going to learn.

No no...you're missing the point (and it was tongue in cheek), but the reason why you don't click on the link is that these writers who conjure up stories from nothing and pretend they're 'sourced' because they have a twitter account get positive reinforcement from page views.

IE, clicking on a page is implicit approval of what they did.

i understand, but i say "who cares".  its entertainment. 

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't think the Celtics are hoping to land Eric Bledsoe specifically, but I could certainly believe that Ainge wouldn't trade Ray Allen unless he gets back a player with the talent and upside on the same level as Eric Bledsoe or a draft pick high enough to get the same sort of player.

If Bledsoe is the only player on his team who would fit that description, then perhaps it would be accurate to say that the Celtics won't accept anyone else in a deal with the Clippers.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Yeah it may just be speculation, but its surprising because I've heard from one of my people (not saying I gave the greatest source in the world) that the Celtics Mavs and Clips were working on a 3 team deal with the main pieces being Odom,Allen,Foye,Bledsoe.. you can take it with a grain of salt , I'm just passing along what my guy told me.

OK, we need more information about your guy.  If you rearrange the letters in his name, does it spell CROTOR?

I'll tell you though, it does make sense, if the C's are getting back say, Odom and Bledsoe, and the Mavs are getting back an expiring contract like Foye (since Odom has a couple million guaranteed next year, which they would likely want to shed).

But, until you reveal your source to be anyone connected with the organization, and not the guy who makes Danny's sandwiches, this is speculation and not rumor.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »

Offline Ticketz

• Xavier Tillman
I mean he's just a scout who's always at the gym... We're always talking about NBA stuff , and there is no connection between him and Boston.

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 05:39:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I mean he's just a scout who's always at the gym... We're always talking about NBA stuff , and there is no connection between him and Boston.

OK, thanks, that definitely helps in knowing how many grains of salt to take it with. 

But I will give him credit.  It is a very intriguing deal for all teams involved.

Danny mentioned on WEEI last week or the week before that he might make deals that will be more about setting up future deals, and that is what this would be. 

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6sbm8tq

The Mavs would do this, to shed the $2.4 million of guaranteed salary for Odom from next year.  The Clippers would likely do this because it makes them the favorite.

And for the C's, this is two fold.  First of all, Bledsoe is an asset.  Whether it is for insurance if they trade Rondo, or whether it is to move Bledsoe in another deal, it gives them value that they can carry forward, that they wouldn't have if they let Ray walk. 

And then the Odom part is very interesting.  Currently Odom is worthless.  His head is not on the game, and it shows.  However, he has said that he would be more comfortable being closer to home in the Northeast as he deals with this personal stuff (and there is no coach in the league better at dealing with this stuff than Doc).  You would take him with the knowledge that there is probably a 75% chance you get nothing from him this year.  BUT, if he does get his head together, he immediately transforms your front line, and gives you a better chance at making some noise in the playoffs this year.

I am intrigued.