Author Topic: Blatche!  (Read 6119 times)

Re: Blatche!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:10:12 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
I'll best option right now... lots of upside, but in bad situation.
He is the bad situation.

Well said.

It is the combine lack of basketball IQ of Blatche, Mcgee and Young that is killing the development of Wall. 

We do not want that long term issue on the rebuilding Celtics.

Washington is a disgrace this season and Blatche represents eveything wrong about that team. Not to highjack the thread but I don't know if Wall's game will recover from playing with these clowns. They have clearly rubbed off on him.

I would rather see Blatche on the Globetrotters than the Celtics.
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:06 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'll best option right now... lots of upside, but in bad situation.
He is the bad situation.

Well said.

It is the combine lack of basketball IQ of Blatche, Mcgee and Young that is killing the development of Wall. 

We do not want that long term issue on the rebuilding Celtics.

Washington is a disgrace this season and Blatche represents eveything wrong about that team. Not to highjack the thread but I don't know if Wall's game will recover from playing with these clowns. They have clearly rubbed off on him.

I would rather see Blatche on the Globetrotters than the Celtics.

Globetrotters or Generals?

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Pass the barf bag.
Yup

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
What??? Blatche for season ending injury/surgery J.O. you all wouldn't do? Glad you're not GM's. Of course we have to give a someone else to at least make the.deal fair. Blatche can't be no more of a hot head than Rondo for Doc to deal with.

It's not that hes a hothead... It's that there is NOTHING in his head. The wizards couldn't actually get one working basketball brain out of him and McGee put together.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 06:37:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't think Blatche has that low of a bball iq [like I think McGee does), I just think he lacks interest. I think I am ready to go all-in with the hotheads/crazy guys with Beasley and Blatche and whoever else has a lot of talent, but haven't been able to really make it translate to nba success.

Zach Randolph was on an island of his own until he went to Memphis and now he is a huge part of his future. The thing with guys like Beasley and Blatche is that they definitely have the ability to outplay their contracts. If we aren't getting Howard, I say we go for J. smith, Beasley, and Blatche and if it doesn't work out, then we can start over again...

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The Celtics are in trouble if they don't get a big.  No one is going to trade us a big that doesn't have some issues.  I feel the contract is short enough and the price is probably low enough (assuming the deal is Blatche for JO and not much more) that Blatche may just be our price point.

I think a change of scenery would serve as at a minimum a short term wake-up call.  We may never see his full potential but we don't need that for it to be an upgrade.
We are 'in trouble' no matter what. That is what happens when you center your team around 3 guys past their prime for a few title runs.

Teams that are already top teams but need to improve their chances do the 'final piece' moves. We need to to the improve future chances moves while also remaining competitive this season.

Management doesn't need to add players who will make fans hate the team.

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
What??? Blatche for season ending injury/surgery J.O. you all wouldn't do? Glad you're not GM's. Of course we have to give a someone else to at least make the.deal fair. Blatche can't be no more of a hot head than Rondo for Doc to deal with.

Problem is his contract.
He's going to be paid regardless of where he goes.
He's on 8 million for another 3 years. We need that money for a rebuild. Now there's a chance he pulls it together and grows up after joining the Celtics, but that chance is slim to none. It certainly isn't worth putting 8 million in capspace down on the roulette table.
If he were on a Beasley type contract it would be a fine gamble. But it ain't. And Blatche is all 'potential'.
Imagine this chumps attitude in a rebuilding stage if he were stuck here for 3 years. What a nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 07:11:07 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
He averages 1.3 PPG in the paint

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

Problem is his contract.
He's going to be paid regardless of where he goes.
He's on 8 million for another 3 years. We need that money for a rebuild. Now there's a chance he pulls it together and grows up after joining the Celtics, but that chance is slim to none. It certainly isn't worth putting 8 million in capspace down on the roulette table.
If he were on a Beasley type contract it would be a fine gamble. But it ain't. And Blatche is all 'potential'.
Imagine this chumps attitude in a rebuilding stage if he were stuck here for 3 years. What a nightmare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

They make the same... Actually o'neals contract is higher. Beasely's & Blatches are almost identical.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Blatche needs to be traded for Ty Thomas because why the heck not?  Neither team's got much to lose.  Too bad Wizards probably balk at Ty's higher salary.

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Blatche needs to be traded for Ty Thomas because why the heck not?  Neither team's got much to lose.  Too bad Wizards probably balk at Ty's higher salary.
They had talks about swapping those two. I forget who backed out. I think it was Charlotte.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Blatche if I were the Bobcats. I'd much rather keep Ty Thomas.