Author Topic: What about Darko Miličić?  (Read 8941 times)

Re: What about Darko Miličić?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
Here is my trade idea...
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7v27pxq

Minny get - Ray Allen, JO, Dooling, 1st rounder
Celts get - Milicic, Beasley, Johnson, Ridnour, Randolph

If the C's did this, all their weaknesses would be addressed. Additionally, they could still pursue Kaman if he gets bought out. If he doesnt, thats OK because they would have Milicic

I would trade for Chris Kaman over Milicic any day of the week. kaman is averaging 12ppg, 8rpg and 1.blk in 27 mins. Kaman can actually shoot and is much better from the Line. Milicic is 40% from the ft line... no thank you. Beasley can not get any playing time from the t-wolves. What makes you think he will be better in Boston. Hes playing with a pass first point guard and should be thriving over there but is not...

Beasley's talent has never been questioned. His character has been. Additionally, he missed time this year due to injury. He is not starting in Minny because they drafted Derrick Williams and they believe he is going to be a keeper for them going forward. Beasley has not complained about the demotion and he has handled it well. I dont think Beasley is perfect. He definitely has flaws, but he is the perfect low risk/ potential high reward player that can be obtained for a reasonable cost by the C's. The C's are desperate for a player that is athletic and can get his own shot. Beasley is that and then some. He could fit in as a starter or be used for instant offense off the bench. Off the bench, he could be given free reign offensively. The guy averaged almost 20 points last year. The other positive is the guy is playing for his next contract. He knows he has to straighten up, or its going to cost him money

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 02:35:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Here is my trade idea...

If the C's did this, all their weaknesses would be addressed. Additionally, they could still pursue Kaman if he gets bought out. If he doesnt, thats OK because they would have Milicic
No way Minnesota makes that trade.  None at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Here is my trade idea...

I would trade for Chris Kaman over Milicic any day of the week. kaman is averaging 12ppg, 8rpg and 1.blk in 27 mins. Kaman can actually shoot and is much better from the Line. Milicic is 40% from the ft line... no thank you. Beasley can not get any playing time from the t-wolves. What makes you think he will be better in Boston. Hes playing with a pass first point guard and should be thriving over there but is not...

Beasley's talent has never been questioned. His character has been. Additionally, he missed time this year due to injury. He is not starting in Minny because they drafted Derrick Williams and they believe he is going to be a keeper for them going forward. Beasley has not complained about the demotion and he has handled it well. I dont think Beasley is perfect. He definitely has flaws, but he is the perfect low risk/ potential high reward player that can be obtained for a reasonable cost by the C's. The C's are desperate for a player that is athletic and can get his own shot. Beasley is that and then some. He could fit in as a starter or be used for instant offense off the bench. Off the bench, he could be given free reign offensively. The guy averaged almost 20 points last year. The other positive is the guy is playing for his next contract. He knows he has to straighten up, or its going to cost him money

Hes making 8 mil next year. wouldn't call that low risk. The celtics seem to be avoiding players with major character flaws. (trading baby not resigning d. west) Do not think Beasley would fit in well in Boston.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
You guys wanna trade Ray for a bunch of mediocres on a mediocre team?

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 11:11:43 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
You guys wanna trade Ray for a bunch of mediocres on a mediocre team?

I don't want to trade ray, but this is a fair deal. With one trade, the C's address all their needs. They get bigger, younger, and more athletic. This is a realistic proposal that does not bring back a star ( although Beasley can be a star), but it brings back depth. If the C's made this deal they could decrease KG, pierce, and if needed Rondo's minutes as the season closes. Additionally, this trade gives the C's the depth they will need to compete with anybody in the league. The team could play half court or fast break basketball. They could play wings like Kobe, Lebron, and Wade super aggressively without worrying about getting in foul trouble. I would like to see the C's get back to the style of play that beat the Lakers in 2008. The C's were the bully's much like the old pistons and ny Knicks used to be.  With added depth they can get back to that style of play

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
Here is my trade idea...

Hes making 8 mil next year. wouldn't call that low risk. The celtics seem to be avoiding players with major character flaws. (trading baby not resigning d. west) Do not think Beasley would fit in well in Boston.

Correction... He is a restricted free agent. If the C's got him, they could match any offer for him if they want to. For them to want him, he has to prove himself. If he does not prove himself, thank him for his time and tell him goodbye. Again, I say low risk, high reward possibility.

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
TP to the OP for using those little accent symbols when spelling out Milicic.

For the right price, I think Darko is the right kind of gamble.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350