Author Topic: What about Darko Miličić?  (Read 8921 times)

What about Darko Miličić?
« on: March 05, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I think he has fallen out of favor in Minnesota.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmTeVYnV_c

A legit athletic 7ft center who will occupy a lot of space inside. He has reputation being One of the better defensive centers in the league. His salary is fairly cheap for a center. And he's only 26 years old. Make it happen Danny

Re: What about Darko Miličić?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
i've thought about darko, but think the length of the deal wold keep danny from making the deal.
sure we get a serviceable center but 3 more years at 5 mil may hinder our rebuild?

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
i've thought about darko, but think the length of the deal wold keep danny from making the deal.
sure we get a serviceable center but 3 more years at 5 mil may hinder our rebuild?

Just one year $5.22millions remaining. 2013/2014 its a team option.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I dont know about this one...

He is enticing for sure but he isnt a good rebounder.

He is definitely a good defensive player but I'm not sure he is consistent here either.

If he has fallen out of favor, that makes 3 teams he has fallen out of favor with. Not a good sign.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Just one year $5.22millions remaining. 2013/2014 its a team option.

Shamsports lists 2013-2014 as a partially guaranteed contract, $1.755m that becomes a guaranteed $5.67m if not waived before June 30, 2013.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:08:01 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Owed too much money / years. Not worth sacrificing cap flexibility over.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 09:10:08 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
I dont know about this one...

He is enticing for sure but he isnt a good rebounder.

He is definitely a good defensive player but I'm not sure he is consistent here either.

If he has fallen out of favor, that makes 3 teams he has fallen out of favor with. Not a good sign.

Nikola is beast ain't no shame in that. The lackluster rebounding is a concern.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:14:50 AM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
I think Darko could be an excellent option for the C's. He is a young, big, legit 7 footer with no history of major injuries. I also like the idea of the C's getting Beasley. I hope the C's expand the Beasley deal to get Darko. I would consider offering JO, filler, a 1st, and another future pick for Beasley, Milicic, and either Randolph or Wes Johnson. I think the T'wolves may be interested in this deal because they want to free up money going forward, and they would get multiple picks. Its a good deal for the C's because it brings them young talent that can run with Rondo and a center that can really take the load off of KG

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 11:49:36 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
I think Darko could be an excellent option for the C's. He is a young, big, legit 7 footer with no history of major injuries. I also like the idea of the C's getting Beasley. I hope the C's expand the Beasley deal to get Darko. I would consider offering JO, filler, a 1st, and another future pick for Beasley, Milicic, and either Randolph or Wes Johnson. I think the T'wolves may be interested in this deal because they want to free up money going forward, and they would get multiple picks. Its a good deal for the C's because it brings them young talent that can run with Rondo and a center that can really take the load off of KG

That would be quite a heist for the Celtics. Beasley+Darko in single trade

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
darko wont push us over the edge so whats the point.... ???

The guy has never been a good enough scorer in the paint to be what we need. The time last year when we dominated was when we had shaq in the paint that could actually put the ball in the hole.

Slow, uncoordinated defensive stoppers arent the answer here.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Bad offensive player, mediocre rebounder, skilled defensive player: JO 2.0. 

Signed into next year, so no thanks.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Or Perkins 2.0.

I say go get him.  He may play inspired if he's playing for a good team that may have a chance at a championship.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Or Perkins 2.0.

I say go get him.  He may play inspired if he's playing for a good team that may have a chance at a championship.

I know a lot of times when we look at a potential big with "effort" or "attitude" issues we just look to Garnett and we figure "hey, just put this guy next to KG and he'll fall in line." 

I don't think that would work for Darko.  This is a man that nearly gave up on the NBA two years ago. He doesn't respond well to adversity.  Putting him next to 4 guys who demand exellence is a bad recipe.  I can't imagine that those dagger glares from KG/Rondo would go towards boosting Darko's morale.

Just for the record i do think Darko still has the potential to be a starting center in the NBA, but he's not ready to play meaningful basketball right now.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 01:37:35 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I think he has fallen out of favor in Minnesota.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmTeVYnV_c

A legit athletic 7ft center who will occupy a lot of space inside. He has reputation being One of the better defensive centers in the league. His salary is fairly cheap for a center. And he's only 26 years old. Make it happen Danny

Why do you think he's fallen out of favor?  He's a backup big man.  For his career he averages 18.5 mpg, and this year he's at 16.5.  They really like him as a backup in Minnesota...

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Or Perkins 2.0.

I know a lot of times when we look at a potential big with "effort" or "attitude" issues we just look to Garnett and we figure "hey, just put this guy next to KG and he'll fall in line." 

I don't think that would work for Darko.  This is a man that nearly gave up on the NBA two years ago. He doesn't respond well to adversity.  Putting him next to 4 guys who demand exellence is a bad recipe.  I can't imagine that those dagger glares from KG/Rondo would go towards boosting Darko's morale.

Just for the record i do think Darko still has the potential to be a starting center in the NBA, but he's not ready to play meaningful basketball right now.

Yeah, I too think Darko is finished in terms of potential. He is at or is around the level he is going to offer for the rest (best years of) of his career.

I just can't see anyone getting anymore out of him. He has crept too far inside his own head. I can't see him coming back from where he is after everything that has (and has not) happened to (or, come together for) him in his career.

He is what he is ... which is a [dang] shame because Darko was capable of a lot more.