Author Topic: Concerning the Josh Smith rumors  (Read 11234 times)

Re: Concerning the Josh Smith rumors
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smith has a tendency to disappear in big games. Yes he is fun to watch; but is he Celtics material.

Good point , I feel the answer is yes...Here is why we 're paying DOC the big bucks, he got the big three to buy into his system...I think he can convert Smith in a believer ..with some coaching from PP and KG ;D

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Smith has a tendency to disappear in big games. Yes he is fun to watch; but is he Celtics material.

Definitely didn't disappear against a good opposition tonight.

And I remember him making some huge plays in games against the heat and other good oppositions last year. I think its more to do with the team he's on which is full of inconsistent performers aswell.

He has really worked some serious consistency into his play this year which is a promising sign for anyone looking at him.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
YEah ..when I think about what Smith could do for the C's I forget about Beasley all together.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Rondo and Smith would be ideal scoring pair , and even better should Rondo ever nail a 10-15 jumper down good.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 11:49:13 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Smith would have to give us much more than Bass does. Don't see him worth Allen and Bass and picks. Will need to get some help to replace Allen's scoring either through the draft or by trade. I say keep the pick and go after Austin Rivers.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 12:04:58 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Smith would have to give us much more than Bass does. Don't see him worth Allen and Bass and picks. Will need to get some help to replace Allen's scoring either through the draft or by trade. I say keep the pick and go after Austin Rivers.

J Smooth is one of the better shot blockers in the game right now. Teaming him with KG in the post would be lethal to our opposition. He can also run the break, and has great athleticism.

Waiting to see if Austin Rivers declares, when you've got a developed franchise player available, is quite the gamble.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 01:06:31 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
a trade for smith would be ray allen, bass, and picks or something along those lines. it definitely wont be kg...

Right.  It would be worth it if he would extend, IMO.

Rondo with Pierce, Green, Smith, and KG for a couple more years? 

Okay, but only if I can take Beasley, Bradley, JJJ, and Wilcox off the bench.

with rondo here he would extend in an instant, he's even said he's wanted to come here. and yes I would do the above trade in an instant

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 02:18:50 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm nervous that the hawks might become buyers rather than sellers at the deadline. I'm also nervous that smith putting the team on his back with Horford and Johnson out will price JSmoove out of our range or make him immovable.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:28 AM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I'm nervous that the hawks might become buyers rather than sellers at the deadline. I'm also nervous that smith putting the team on his back with Horford and Johnson out will price JSmoove out of our range or make him immovable.

To be honest, I'd love Smith now but I think we'd be frontrunners to grab him in the 2013 free agency if he makes it there. I'm guessing he won't reup with Atlanta with the size of the Horford/Johnson contracts, and the fact that he seems to want to get out of there. His relationship with Rondo and their playing styles would make it a natural fit. With Pierce, KG and Allen all off the books by 2013 and 2012 shaping up to be a shaky free agency, he's one of the guys I'd expect to see in green at some point. I can wait for Smith, although I'd like him sooner rather than later obviously. I'd much rather him stay with the Hawks than get traded somewhere he'd sign an extension.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 03:10:54 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4l7rCrTQX8

GET THE MAN IN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concerning the Josh Smith rumors
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 03:18:12 AM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
he's no better than laFrentz i'd say..no way i am cashing my chips woth this guy..
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 03:46:49 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
he's no better than laFrentz i'd say..no way i am cashing my chips woth this guy..

are you just trying to get a reaction?
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 06:23:48 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

are you just trying to get a reaction?

Snickers at the Raef Lafrenz comment.  Prepares celebration dance if the Celtics get Josh Smith.

/reacts wildly :o

by dancing the dirty birdhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XknEjiuxk
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
he's no better than laFrentz i'd say..no way i am cashing my chips woth this guy.

he is ten times the player Raef was or is.....

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:36 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

To be honest, I'd love Smith now but I think we'd be frontrunners to grab him in the 2013 free agency if he makes it there. I'm guessing he won't reup with Atlanta with the size of the Horford/Johnson contracts, and the fact that he seems to want to get out of there. His relationship with Rondo and their playing styles would make it a natural fit. With Pierce, KG and Allen all off the books by 2013 and 2012 shaping up to be a shaky free agency, he's one of the guys I'd expect to see in green at some point. I can wait for Smith, although I'd like him sooner rather than later obviously. I'd much rather him stay with the Hawks than get traded somewhere he'd sign an extension.

ya, I agree we would be the frontrunners to sign him anyways..he is good friends with rondo, and has already mentioned Boston as somewhere he would like to play.

I would like to try and nab him now though..incase ATL did try and trade him to a different team..as much as Ray allen is one of my favorite celtics, a lineup of

Rondo/pietrus/pierce/J.smith/KG  

would be a real good team who could potentially upset some of the higher seeds