Author Topic: Concerning the Josh Smith rumors  (Read 11254 times)

Concerning the Josh Smith rumors
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
J. smith has been playing real nice as of late. im sure thats making the celtics life far more difficult if they are trying to acquire him. I honestly don't see why they would even give him up in the first place ?
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

Re: Concerning the Josh Smith rumors
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 09:43:09 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
J. smith has been playing real nice as of late. im sure thats making the celtics life far more difficult if they are trying to acquire him. I honestly don't see why they would even give him up in the first place ?

Josh Smith supposedly has been wanting to get traded for a while.  The whole saga with Smith seems a little bit similar to the C's with Rondo.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
that's unfortunate i don't see the c's putting together a good enough package unless it ends up being beasley swung to atlanta
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 09:58:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well the man stepped up big time tonight, to the tune of 30 pts and 12 rebs - beating OKC.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in Green one day.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:09:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Josh Smith supposedly has been wanting to get traded for a while.  The whole saga with Smith seems a little bit similar to the C's with Rondo.

Rondo's never asked for a trade or hinted that he wanted to leave.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
He's a free agent in 2013 and is friends with rondo...I could definitely see him here in green

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Dont agree with this. Rondo has never said he wants to leave Boston. Or even welcome it. Smith has said he is tired of being the fall guy for the hawks playoff limitations and that he would welcome a change of scenery.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
He's also listed boston as somewhere he'd like to go...we need to get this done

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:41:21 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Rondo's never asked for a trade or hinted that he wanted to leave.

More like the Chris Paul saga, featuring Rondo (and fans rabid over the potential of the deal going down). Except Chris Paul had more whining, whereas Josh Smith is just fed up.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 10:41:27 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
From the Insider...

UPDATE: Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated added this via Twitter on Friday: "Rival execs say Atlanta will move Smith but not simply for an expiring contract, like Garnett."

And from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports: "Smith has wanted trade for past year, and league sources say Atlanta GM Rick Sund has always been partial to Allen, not Garnett. Atlanta had talks with Minnesota during draft on Smith for No. 2 pick, but Hawks haven't been aggressive in trying to trade Smith."

Michael Cunningham of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution chimes in with: "For those asking, Hawks are getting calls regarding Josh Smith but I've heard nothing to indicate they want to move him."

---

Danny Ainge tried to quash all the Rajon Rondo rumors on Thursday and he might be asked about another one on Friday.

Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News drops this sentence in his Friday article: "Ainge is trying to land Atlanta's Josh Smith and other young studs, while offering up Kevin Garnett. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen can also be had, for young players and draft picks. Rajon Rondo might be leaving, too, with the Lakers and Utah seen as possible destinations."

Ainge is probably after Smith. However, he doesn't have enough to offer the Hawks, unless Rondo is part of package. The Hawks are also thin at the power forward spot and GM Rick Sund would have to get back another player at that position if he were to deal Smith.

Smith is signed through 2012-13 and he's scheduled to make $13.2 million next season.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
a trade for smith would be ray allen, bass, and picks or something along those lines. it definitely wont be kg...

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
a trade for smith would be ray allen, bass, and picks or something along those lines. it definitely wont be kg...

Right.  It would be worth it if he would extend, IMO.

Rondo with Pierce, Green, Smith, and KG for a couple more years? 

Okay, but only if I can take Beasley, Bradley, JJJ, and Wilcox off the bench.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Danny has to get this done and i can see Ray Allen as the centre piece. The other big selling aspect will be if they offer up Bass or a 1st round pick. If they are looking to trade the other big 3 they may be looking for some filling pieces and 1st rounders for them. If danny is serious about landing smith and he should be Rondo isnt going anywhere.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The way I see it, and I'm a big Bass fan , but I was a Smith fan long before we got Bass .  Like this...we are going to have to Pay Bass "ALOT" more money to stay eventually.  We might as well , "trade up" and use that money to get Josh Smith.  Joshs size and ability and the fact he seems to improve his game every year really impresses me.  He is gonna be a Super =Sized Paul Pierce one day.

This maybe the "BEST" we do or value we recieve for losing Ray Allen.  

I'm thinking DA is gonna try and pull this off..

Oh ...somebody remind DA that Dooling is available for trade ;D

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:31:35 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Smith has a tendency to disappear in big games. Yes he is fun to watch; but is he Celtics material?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:42:41 PM by gar »