Author Topic: Celtics pursuing Josh Smith? (rumor)  (Read 37211 times)

Celtics pursuing Josh Smith? (rumor)
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:21:22 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Celtics pursuing Josh Smith?

Boston Celtics: With the Big Three’s window now shut, Danny Ainge is trying to land Atlanta’s Josh Smith and other young studs, while offering up Kevin Garnett. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen can also be had, for young players and draft picks. Rajon Rondo might be leaving, too, with the Lakers and Utah seen as possible destinations.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/36031/celtics-pursuing-josh-smith.html

Not sure how legit this site is,it says its source is the New York Daily News, but saw this posted on realgm
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:26:28 AM by rondohondo »

Re: Celtics pursuing Josh Smith? (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I always thought the Rondo and Josh Smith pairing made alot of sense.  Also with Josh and Howards relationship this could be another ploy to try and get Dwight to put Boston on his list.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I saw that there is a blurb on the ESPN rumors page, but I am not an 'insider' so I don't know what the blurb actually says.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26:29 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I would love him next to rondo would probably spell Ray or KG going though.. If i had my choice do ray and some pick and cash for him.. Would have to find another shooter though but a lineup of this would be nasty on D.

Rondo
Bradley- Till replacement was found
Pierce
Smith
KG

Could run the floor and play great D.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
Yeah, I saw this report earlier today too.  It's kind of vague but it looks like it just takes random young player from a team and then says we are pursuing that guy and others.  I bet Ainge has called about Smith though because him and Rondo are friends and maybe that can wake Rondo up.  Not sure how I feel about adding him to the roster especially if it means giving up our most outspoken veteran that can keep people in check.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Yeah, I saw this report earlier today too.  It's kind of vague but it looks like it just takes random young player from a team and then says we are pursuing that guy and others.  I bet Ainge has called about Smith though because him and Rondo are friends and maybe that can wake Rondo up.  Not sure how I feel about adding him to the roster especially if it means giving up our most outspoken veteran that can keep people in check.

I wouldn't wanna do it for KG. KG could mentor this guy for another year say. He would need that mentor as well.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Josh Smith is about the only guy that makes sense to me when dangling KG because of the money - and only if ATL is looking to dump cash
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I always thought the Rondo and Josh Smith pairing made alot of sense.  Also with Josh and Howards relationship this could be another ploy to try and get Dwight to put Boston on his list.
definitely...and if we were to add a healthy Jeff Green......aayyyyy!

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:26 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

That would be fun to watch, thats for sure.  Not sure if they could contend, but the entertainment factor would be there
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
interesting - here's the original link

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/jeremy-lin-carmelo-anthony-ny-knicks-developing-chemistry-owner-james-dolan-stay-year-article-1.1031706

By interesting, you mean "nothing to see here" right?  This is speculation by a writer that knows nothing, and is regurgitating rumors that he has heard elsewhere.  If he had sources, he wouldn't have buried the information. 

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

That would be fun to watch, thats for sure.  Not sure if they could contend, but the entertainment factor would be there
that's a team that would run and defend and I'm allowed to dream darn it

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:43:53 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Kirk Hinrich added in makes the salaries work

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Always thought for years as he matures Smith would make a good Celtic.

Again , how do you get him without giving up Rondo or KG.

I think a combo of Josh Smith and Paul Gasol , along with drafting finding a decent point guard would make the Celtics relevant soon.

The 7' center is still important if we wre rebuilding with traditional Celtics basketball.