Author Topic: could danny get the newest superstar of the nba wioth this trade?  (Read 8063 times)

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
A lot of people may laugh at this, but in about a year or two, it will be obvious:  If danny could trade brandon bass and a 2nd round pick to denver for chris andersen and kenneth faried... kenneth faried is going to be a superstar. if danny could get him... oh my goodness... he should have been a top 5 draft pick... what do you reckon?

Re: could danny get the newest superstar of the nba wioth this trade?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 05:51:44 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yep, a lot of people may laugh at this.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
http://wagesofwins.com/2011/06/18/the-2011-win-score-numbers-for-nba-draft-prospects/

#21 - he is so far ahead of everyone. additionally, http://www.thenbageek.com/players the only player who has more Wins per 48 who has played a fair amount of games is lebron james. faried is an animal.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Here I thought this was about Jeremy Lin.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We have a Kenneth Faried in Bass minus the defensive abilities. We going to trade with Denver, lets trade for Koufos. I can so much say that I'd be willing to offer the late first round pick for him. Young legit big man and still has some upside.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:34:20 AM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:55:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Faried is going to be a good NBA player and he plays well with Rondo from what I 've seen.  If we rebuild around Rondo this is exactly the kind of guys we need.

Koufos is a wimp.   He could not bang if his life depended on it.  While I like his skill set.   His temperment is that of a big who plays outside the paint.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 07:58:36 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm not sure how Faried will pan out as an NBA player, but I know Denver let K-mart walk because they were so intrigued with the guy.  That makes me think they would value him more than Bass.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
A lot of people may laugh at this, but in about a year or two, it will be obvious:  If danny could trade brandon bass and a 2nd round pick to denver for chris andersen and kenneth faried... kenneth faried is going to be a superstar. if danny could get him... oh my goodness... he should have been a top 5 draft pick... what do you reckon?

If you really felt that Faried is a superstar, you would have proposed a 1st round pick, not a 2nd.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rondo for Faried and Lawson?

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:12:27 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Rondo for Faried and Lawson?

That might be interesting I am a big Lawson fan and he has made a big leap recently
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford

If you really felt that Faried is a superstar, you would have proposed a 1st round pick, not a 2nd.

i would offer a 2nd because thats probably his perceived value, rather than real value. remember last season danny did get close to closing a deal that was a james harden for perkins swap. in retrospect does that seem fair? no, but at them time it was perceived to be close to fair by okc. learn how to negotiate.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

i would offer a 2nd because thats probably his perceived value, rather than real value. remember last season danny did get close to closing a deal that was a james harden for perkins swap. in retrospect does that seem fair? no, but at them time it was perceived to be close to fair by okc. learn how to negotiate.

That is definitely NOT his perceived value.

Think about it:

-In college he was a 17.3/14.5/2.3 block guy, but was docked because he went to a small schoool.

-He was considered shrot (6'8) but has a full 7'0 wingspan, increasing his defensive potential.

-Entering the draft, he was considered a sleeper because it was unknown if his stats would translate; if they did, he'd be a steal.

-He was then drafted in the first round at 22nd overall.

-Now in his rookie season, he started on the bench and has since earned playing time for a >.500 playoff team in the more competitive west, and has really excelled in his time, with very good points per minute, great rebounds per minute, very good blocks per minute, and efficient scoring.

So we have a very productive college player potential steal draft pick taken at #22 overall and very quickly out-producing his (first round) draft position...His perceived value is Definitely a lottery pick, not an average first round pick and definitely not a second rounder.

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford

That is definitely NOT his perceived value.

Think about it:

-In college he was a 17.3/14.5/2.3 block guy, but was docked because he went to a small schoool.

-He was considered shrot (6'8) but has a full 7'0 wingspan, increasing his defensive potential.

-Entering the draft, he was considered a sleeper because it was unknown if his stats would translate; if they did, he'd be a steal.

-He was then drafted in the first round at 22nd overall.

-Now in his rookie season, he started on the bench and has since earned playing time for a >.500 playoff team in the more competitive west, and has really excelled in his time, with very good points per minute, great rebounds per minute, very good blocks per minute, and efficient scoring.

So we have a very productive college player potential steal draft pick taken at #22 overall and very quickly out-producing his (first round) draft position...His perceived value is Definitely a lottery pick, not an average first round pick and definitely not a second rounder.

i agree with you on the numbers, but faried wasnt picked for the rookie sophmore game, he doesnt really get played too much by george karl... i totally, totally agree with you on his potential and outperforming his draft position, but i think if you asked most poeple (and hopefully denvers front office) they wouldn't think he's worth a lottery pick (although he is worth a first rounder: a top 10). he's still a little under the radar at this point though. everything you said though is his actual value, and i agree.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Faried might get less PT in Boston because Doc sticks with veterans. This makes me believe we will go with younger proven veterans than taking flyers on rookies.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I don't think Faried is a superstar in the making but I'd still do this deal - we lock up a young big on his rookie deal who at least clearly has some chops in exchange for a guy who might not stick around next year and a 2nd.