Author Topic: How about Blatche?  (Read 8747 times)

Re: How about Blatche?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Im a big believer of the "Blatche just needs a change of scenery". As Sir Roy always told me when I drafted him in the CB and Pick two draft, the dude has talent but needs to be straighten up. And I believe he will be straightened up here.

For a guy who, when focused, can tally a solid 16 points 8 rebounds a night, why not. Booker is playing great for the Wiz and Vesely is a project that is looking okay to good so far. Washington has all the right reasons to move Blatche. Now is it gonna cost us Bass? Then nevermind. But if it's gonna cost us say JO's expiring deal (seriously that's pretty much his value), a pick maybe the Clips 1st, then I believe it's worth a shot.

He's lazy on defense, selfish and a chucker, we know all these things. But I believe if he lands here in Boston he'll have a different view of the game. He'll be willing to do stuff because he's winning. I believe the vets and Doc could get him straightened up. The talent is there. And his contract is pretty reasonable (6,7,8 million).

For me, as long as it doesn't involve any from the starting 5 and Bass and the earlier pick, it's worth a shot.

Been seeing the name @DrayBaltche on Celticsblog.com trade ideas. Can I pull off green? #KGmightbullyme
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Re: How about Blatche?
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Emphatically no! He has the worst contract in the league for what he produces.

Really? Worse than Lewis' 22M for his 7.8 ppg and 3.9 rpg on 38% shooting? I think you're exaggerating a bit.
He averaged 17/8 last year too.

I gave each of you a Tommy Point for bothering to look up Andrey Blatches statistics. Now he impresses my as a poor man's Curtis Rowe and the old schoolers will know who I am talking about. He was out PF/SF before Larry Bird and once said there are no wins and losses on my paycheck. The guy is a Loser. 
The beatings will continue until morale improves