Author Topic: How about Blatche?  (Read 8794 times)

Re: How about Blatche?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
@Baltche: Celtics? Man I sell tix. #Nowutahmsayin?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I'd think about Ray for Blatche and Young if I thought I could get through to Blatche.

I'd love to trade Ray Allen for Nick Young.

I think N.Young could be a really nice long term piece as a starting two alongside Rajon Rondo.

LOL, dude, what is your fascination with the Wizards scrubs? Blatche, Nick freakin' Young? Do you know who Nick Young is? He is Todd Day.

Young couldn't get a contract on the open market and went running back with his tail tucked between his legs to take the Wizards' qualifying offer.

There is no one on the Wizards roster I want.  They are all losers, clueless morons.  Even John Wall is turning into a shameless gunner.  He is going to be a bit of a reclamation project himself now, as he has no chance to succeed there.

Asking a Nick Young or an Andray Blatche to be one of your top three players is a recipe for disaster.

Asking one of them to be your 4th-6th best player, in the right situation, could work out quite well.
Right situation being a defensive orientated team with strong leadership that is likely offensively challenged and needs to rely more heavily on scoring contributions from it's role players than other teams do.

Teams with dominant facilitator type stars instead of scorers. Dwight Howard vs Kobe Bryant.

I would have loved to have seen Orlando (Dwight Howard) find a way to get Nick Young. He would've been a better long term signing than Jason Richardson.

Or in Boston's case, Rajon Rondo -- a facilitator who may need more offensively talented role players than other stars do if Boston struggle to put offensively talented enough star quality players around him.

I'd particularly love Nick Young's fit on a Rajon Rondo + Dwight Howard led Boston Celtics team.

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Yes -- if Danny can do it without giving up anything of importance to make it happen.

Expiring deals. No draft picks. That would be my offer. I'd like Danny to keep JO too ... to have a physical post defender off the bench (if that is possible, is it?).

Maybe Wilcox and Dooling? Does that get close to Blatche's salary?

IMO the only way you even consider it is if KG is going to be around (plus you don't trade much).  Blatche needs accountability and needs a veteran big man to provide it. Someone he respects..

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 09:58:30 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Blatche is extremely versatile on the offensive end as he can post up is semi athletic nd can shoot the mid range jumper and 3 pointers. He just is outta shape doesnt listen to coaches nd is an alchoholic tht DC nightlife is makin things worse for him. If he comes here (which I doubt) I think he would listen to KG nd maximize his talents. my viewpoint is if we dont have to give up too much why not aint like we in the market for a big time free agent next year anyway

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yes -- if Danny can do it without giving up anything of importance to make it happen.

Expiring deals. No draft picks. That would be my offer. I'd like Danny to keep JO too ... to have a physical post defender off the bench (if that is possible, is it?).

IMO the only way you even consider it is if KG is going to be around (plus you don't trade much).  Blatche needs accountability and needs a veteran big man to provide it. Someone he respects..
Yeah, I think so too. Fully agree.

Someone else in another thread said Beasley or Blatche is a rebuilding move. I agree with that viewpoint on Beasley but disagree on Blatche. I would view Blatche solely as a win-now move and have no interest in him as a rebuilding piece.

My sole interest in him is as an offensively orientated center alongside an elite defensive PF which only makes sense while Kevin Garnett remains on the team. Once KG goes, Blatche should soon follow.

It'll be too hard to (1) rebuild with such an immature and destructive force in the locker room (2) build a defensive orientated team with Blatche at center without a KG-like defensive presence at PF (which would be pretty much impossible to replace).

With Blatche's value to Boston as an offensive orientated center due to the Celtics (1) so-so offense which Blatche could add to considerably to, and, (2) Boston's inability to acquire a superior starting five elsewhere.

That is my thinking on it anyway.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 10:31:27 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
If this were at last year's trade deadline, when we had a strong, contending team with locker room leadership, I might consider it.  This year, as we're probably about to enter rebuilding?  No thanks; I doubt Blatche would behave any more here than he has in Washington.

this
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 10:39:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
not a chance i would go after this guy... Especially with 23 million remaining on his contract after this year as the quite in the OT says.

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Emphatically no! He has the worst contract in the league for what he produces.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Really? Worse than Lewis' 22M for his 7.8 ppg and 3.9 rpg on 38% shooting? I think you're exaggerating a bit.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Really? Worse than Lewis' 22M for his 7.8 ppg and 3.9 rpg on 38% shooting? I think you're exaggerating a bit.
He averaged 17/8 last year too.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
No.  He is hurting the development of the Wizards team.  He is openly soft.  He will not listen to coaches.  He is extremely selfish. 

Well, to be fair it's not like the Wizards have had Red or Wooden coaching him either. I wonder how Rondo's career would have gone if he had been coached by the following "leaders":

Eddie Jordan
Ed Tapscott
Flip Saunders
Randy Wittman

Sure there's no HOF coaches on that list, but that's still 4 coaches who couldn't reach him.

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No.  He is hurting the development of the Wizards team.  He is openly soft.  He will not listen to coaches.  He is extremely selfish. 

Well, to be fair it's not like the Wizards have had Red or Wooden coaching him either. I wonder how Rondo's career would have gone if he had been coached by the following "leaders":

Eddie Jordan
Ed Tapscott
Flip Saunders
Randy Wittman

Sure there's no HOF coaches on that list, but that's still 4 coaches who couldn't reach him.

I know, but when you talk about putting a questionable guy in in a questionable situation it would be this one. Not only were the coaches bad, but Arenas was basically the leader of those Wizard teams during the majority of Blatche's career

I bring up Rondo again because of his known difficult personality. Rondo had issues in college with Tubby Smith and has had some flare ups with Doc. This despite being flanked by veteran leaders throughout his career. Now imagine if Rondo had gone to Washington under those coaches and had the guidance of Arenas. I wonder how Blatche would have been regarded if he had played alongside KG since 2007.

Again, I'm not excusing Blatche, but sometimes the right situation can make a world of difference.

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

That Garnett accountability thing is the most overrated argument of all arguments for or against in this thread.  

RE:  Mark Blount.  Ricky Davis.  Jermaine O'Neal. etc....The fearsome Garnett hasn't stopped them from tanking...(Or in Ricky's case...Just being Ricky) on his watch.

There's something to be said for leading by example..  But Blatche is either going to play hard or he's not.  

Is it worth gambling 22+ million to see if all he needed was a different environment?  

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

That Garnett accountability thing is the most overrated argument of all arguments for or against in this thread.  

RE:  Mark Blount.  Ricky Davis.  Jermaine O'Neal. etc....The fearsome Garnett hasn't stopped them from tanking...(Or in Ricky's case...Just being Ricky) on his watch.

There's something to be said for leading by example..  But Blatche is either going to play hard or he's not.  

Is it worth gambling 22+ million to see if all he needed was a different environment?  

It's really not but thanks for playing anyway.  If you're going to give examples give valid examples.  Blount and Davis did not play with KG so that doesn't make sense.  Blount and Davis did not play with a winning team in Boston (which is huge as far as accountability) and as far as O'Neal goes, his attitude with Boston has never been in question by most people, it's whether or not he can stay healthy and if he has anything left in the tank. 

A better example would be the Chief when he joined Boston, he had a bad attitude or at least a bad rep and wasn't considered a player that played hard.  The accountability of Kevin and Larry as well as others changed things...

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Very little interest in Blatche.  Skilled but terribly inefficient.  Reminds me of Baby.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri