Author Topic: How about Blatche?  (Read 8746 times)

Re: How about Blatche?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Here is my Blatche proposal.  I have no idea if Washington would do this, but I would.

Garnett & Stiemsa (for salary - I might include Johnson or Bradley if they wanted them and that was a deal breaker)

for

Lewis, Blatche, 2012 unprotected 1st

The Celtics take on a ton of future salary, but get a high draft pick in the upcoming draft.
Boston not taking on anywhere near enough salary for that to be worthwhile for Washington.

That first round pick is far more valuable.
I figured.  I wonder if we sent back a pick or even both our picks if that might make it more palatable for them.  Or perhaps top 3 protection (and then unprotected next year). 

I would love to get a very high pick this summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yes -- if Danny can do it without giving up anything of importance to make it happen.

Expiring deals. No draft picks. That would be my offer. I'd like Danny to keep JO too ... to have a physical post defender off the bench (if that is possible, is it?).

Maybe Wilcox and Dooling? Does that get close to Blatche's salary?

Dude why not JO...?

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 09:07:02 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
no, run away screaming from this guy

if he offered to pay us to let him play I'd still say no
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Here is my Blatche proposal.  I have no idea if Washington would do this, but I would.

Garnett & Stiemsa (for salary - I might include Johnson or Bradley if they wanted them and that was a deal breaker)

for

The Celtics take on a ton of future salary, but get a high draft pick in the upcoming draft.
Boston not taking on anywhere near enough salary for that to be worthwhile for Washington.

I figured.  I wonder if we sent back a pick or even both our picks if that might make it more palatable for them.  Or perhaps top 3 protection (and then unprotected next year). 

I would love to get a very high pick this summer.

And then waive Blatche before he can walk through the door.

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If this were at last year's trade deadline, when we had a strong, contending team with locker room leadership, I might consider it.  This year, as we're probably about to enter rebuilding?  No thanks; I doubt Blatche would behave any more here than he has in Washington.
I am eja and I approve this message

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 09:13:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

for

That's almost $50M in salary. That's a lot of salary to take on for just a draft pick.

I'd think about Ray for Blatche and Young if I thought I could get through to Blatche.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:13 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
no, run away screaming from this guy

if he offered to pay us to let him play I'd still say no
A little extreme, but I like extremes

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 09:15:55 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes -- if Danny can do it without giving up anything of importance to make it happen.

Expiring deals. No draft picks. That would be my offer. I'd like Danny to keep JO too ... to have a physical post defender off the bench (if that is possible, is it?).

Maybe Wilcox and Dooling? Does that get close to Blatche's salary?

Dude why not JO...?
Why not trade JO for Blatche?

As I said, to keep a physical post defender on the bench.

The Celtics front-line would get quite small with Blatche starting at center. Garnett as a four and backup five. Wilcox and Bass as backup fours. Stiemsma, third string center, who gets pushed around fairly easily.

I think Jermaine O'Neal's defensive skill-set would be a valuable option off the bench given the presence of Blatche, Garnett and Bass. He provides more of a physical presence than those guys do. A nice option for the coaching staff to be able to call upon where necessary off the bench. A more valuable option than what Wilcox' skill-set provides with Garnett, Blatche and Bass ahead of him in the big man rotation.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:34 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I'd think about Ray for Blatche and Young if I thought I could get through to Blatche.

I'd love to trade Ray Allen for Nick Young.

I think N.Young could be a really nice long term piece as a starting two alongside Rajon Rondo.

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 09:20:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I think N.Young could be a really nice long term piece as a starting two alongside Rajon Rondo.

No Nick Young.  He has no clue how to play in the NBA.  He can shoot. 

At best, he can be a shooter off the bench on a good team.  A 2nd swingman on the bench.

The three Wiz that throw up Stats I do not want to see (and Wiz fans can't wait to leave) are Blatche, McGee and Young. 

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:19 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

No Nick Young.  He has no clue how to play in the NBA.  He can shoot. 

At best, he can be a shooter off the bench on a good team.  A 2nd swingman on the bench.

The three Wiz that throw up Stats I do not want to see (and Wiz fans can't wait to leave) are Blatche, McGee and Young. 
The three together -- I have no interest in.

As an individual pieces, I think they have some value.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 09:25:25 AM »

Offline birdbrady

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 74

LOL, dude, what is your fascination with the Wizards scrubs? Blatche, Nick freakin' Young? Do you know who Nick Young is? He is Todd Day.

Young couldn't get a contract on the open market and went running back with his tail tucked between his legs to take the Wizards' qualifying offer.

There is no one on the Wizards roster I want.  They are all losers, clueless morons.  Even John Wall is turning into a shameless gunner.  He is going to be a bit of a reclamation project himself now, as he has no chance to succeed there.

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
There is no one on the Wizards roster I want.  They are all losers, clueless morons.  Even John Wall is turning into a shameless gunner.  He is going to be a bit of a reclamation project himself now, as he has no chance to succeed there.

I mostly agree with you about Young, but from what I've seen of the Wiz (not much) I think Trevor Booker looks like a nice, solid player.  Unfortunately I think the Wiz agree and it's one reason they're pushing so hard to move Blatche.

On topic for the thread, I don't want Blatche here and I doubt Danny does either, with the money he's owed going forward.  He's shown nothing but the ability to put up some volume production on a horrible team, which is true of dozens and dozens of guys out there with better attitudes and work ethics.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

LOL, dude, what is your fascination with the Wizards scrubs? Blatche, Nick freakin' Young? Do you know who Nick Young is? He is Todd Day.

Young couldn't get a contract on the open market and went running back with his tail tucked between his legs to take the Wizards' qualifying offer.

There is no one on the Wizards roster I want.  They are all losers, clueless morons.  Even John Wall is turning into a shameless gunner.  He is going to be a bit of a reclamation project himself now, as he has no chance to succeed there.

Asking a Nick Young or an Andray Blatche to be one of your top three players is a recipe for disaster.

Asking one of them to be your 4th-6th best player, in the right situation, could work out quite well.

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I would still take Wall, but give him better players to play with.  He is a PG that needs good weapons, not just chuckers.

I like Booker as a guy deep on the bench.  He will give you effort but he has limited NBA level physical skills.