Author Topic: Who I would trade rondo for  (Read 7533 times)

Re: Who I would trade rondo for
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
the thing about trading rondo that makes it difficult is that (consensus-wise) he is overrated in the boston area and underrated nationwide.

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I would not trade Rondo for Tyreke Evans. He's as bad a shooter but not as good as a floor general. He's a hard cover since he's tall and quick, id give him that. But I'd take Rondo's floor general mastery over Evans' athleticism all day.

Thompson could be get by trading Wilcox and a 2nd round pick. Not saying that Sacramento would agree right away, but that's a fair trade since Thompson and Wilcox are both athletic forwards who pretty much does the same thing. Only difference is Jason is taller and 5 years younger, hence the 2nd rounder to sweeten it.

So no on this trade. I for one is against trading Ronodo, but just for the discussion, we could get better value for Rondo than this.

Now if this involves Cousins on the other hand, it will be a different story...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
What is with people..? Evans and Thompson?

You do realize that the Kings are horrendous, right? And you want them to be the building blocks in Boston? Rondo might not be perfect, but he's a distributing PG who makes everybody around him a lot better, not to mention has had so many monster playoff games, AND KNOWS HOW TO WIN.

You don't trade him unless you get a CP3/Deron Williams talent in return. Tyreke Evans is not what you're looking for. Not much better from the perimeter than Rondo.. ANd Rondo does everything else a lot better.

Thompson and Evans and we are the Kings.. Only worse.

don't think the kings would be crap if they had garnett, pierce and allen.

also i believe evans upside is greater than rondo, and he plays a position where is harder to get players than pg, It easier to get a good pg than it is a wingman now days.

and at least here we would be getting a player with real upside, unlike ur typical gasol or al jefferson trades.

Yeah, just like everybody thought Jeff Green would come here and flourish.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 04:35:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Maybe Pau Gasol .."IF" we could get another guard like Williams or Ellis to arrive with him. 

For the most part ...I'd rather keep Rondo, unless there is way to get an up grade player somhow at another postion.

I don't see much available .

I've been watching other teams ,alot of BB , and we really look super old and slow .... :-[

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I have been saying something like this for a while. If we are going to trade Rondo, then it shouldn't be for an overpaid pseudo-star, it should be for somebody on a rookie contract with a lot of potential and a pick. In a trade with sacramento, we could try to get Evans and Cousins or Evans and a pick. This is our only chance at landing Howard and Williams, and if not, we still have a nice building block with a very low payroll. We then get a bunch of one year contracts for next year to get to the salary minimum and try again next year. We have to maintain our flexibility, though, if we are not going to build around him - which I also still would certainly do.

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
have been saying something like this for a while. If we are going to trade Rondo, then it shouldn't be for an overpaid pseudo-star, it should be for somebody on a rookie contract with a lot of potential and a pick. In a trade with sacramento, we could try to get Evans and Cousins or Evans and a pick. This is our only chance at landing Howard and Williams, and if not, we still have a nice building block with a very low payroll. We then get a bunch of one year contracts for next year to get to the salary minimum and try again next year. We have to maintain our flexibility, though, if we are not going to build around him - which I also still would certainly do.

this

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

You do realize that the Kings are horrendous, right? And you want them to be the building blocks in Boston? Rondo might not be perfect, but he's a distributing PG who makes everybody around him a lot better, not to mention has had so many monster playoff games, AND KNOWS HOW TO WIN.

You don't trade him unless you get a CP3/Deron Williams talent in return. Tyreke Evans is not what you're looking for. Not much better from the perimeter than Rondo.. ANd Rondo does everything else a lot better.

and at least here we would be getting a player with real upside, unlike ur typical gasol or al jefferson trades.
if i offered up an unnamed 28 year old center who averages 19 its 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks with a PER of 23 for rondo you would say I'm overvaluing rondo. if say his name is al jefferson would you say no thanks?

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would not trade Rondo for Tyreke Evans. He's as bad a shooter but not as good as a floor general. He's a hard cover since he's tall and quick, id give him that. But I'd take Rondo's floor general mastery over Evans' athleticism all day.

Evans isn't really all that athletic. In fact, when he was coming out there were many questions of his ability to finish at the rim. For his size, he actually finishes with more layups than one would think.  Don't get me wrong he does have athletic ability, but definitely not like a Gay, Westbrook, etc. He has a great first step, and is very powerful, which allows him to get to the paint a lot.

Rondo for Evans straight up is intriguing. Evans is only 23 and is still playing under his rookie contract, so it gives us nearly 6M more in spending money next season. Toss in a draft pick, especially a 1st rd pick, and sign me up! Draftexpress currently has the Kings selecting Harrison Barnes with the #6 pick.

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
if say his name is al jefferson would you say no thanks?

No D.  No deal.

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »

Offline SirYu

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68

if i offered up an unnamed 28 year old center who averages 19 its 9 rebounds and 1.5 blocks with a PER of 23 for rondo you would say I'm overvaluing rondo. if say his name is al jefferson would you say no thanks?

except that center makes $14 a year and shoots under 50%, and takes u out of the deron/dwight sweepstakes, and at the same time that team has 3 players i rather trade for

kanter, favors and millsap. millsap is marginal i would much rather tyreke than millsap.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I haven't been a fan of alot of trade rondo idea, namely gasol and al jefferson however i would trade rondo for

rondo for

tyreke evans + thompson

i think tyreke has underacheived cos he has beening played out of position on a team full of rookies, here he would still play the point but would have the big 3 to help.

Also in the offseaon we should still have enough cap room to make a run at deron + howard.

I think people are discounting the c's chances at deron and dwight in the offseason, rondo could easily be shopped in a mini second for a very good 2 guard or power forward to add to a core of paul, dwight and deron. In fact u might wanna wait until the offseason to make any moves.

Tyreke has significantly dropped off since his great season two years ago. He is very incosistant in the box score. One night he'll shoot 14 for 20 the next 1 for 11. Im not a huge fan of his game anymore. Rondo is better than a combo of evans/thompson.

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Darren Collison, Paul George and Indiana's 2012 1st and another future 1st.

I don't know about Indiana and other bloggers, but I'd do it. 

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:34 PM »

Offline Bombastic Jones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Celts -> Al Jeff & Stephen Curry
Utah -> Rondo & JO (plus picks)
Golden State -> Pau (plus picks)
Lakers -> Devin Harris & David Lee

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qdborm
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:40:53 PM by Bombastic Jones »

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
DWilliams...and that's about it.  I think a lot of these other proposals move us side-ways at best...