Author Topic: Who I would trade rondo for  (Read 7532 times)

Who I would trade rondo for
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I haven't been a fan of alot of trade rondo idea, namely gasol and al jefferson however i would trade rondo for

rondo for

tyreke evans + thompson

i think tyreke has underacheived cos he has beening played out of position on a team full of rookies, here he would still play the point but would have the big 3 to help.

Also in the offseaon we should still have enough cap room to make a run at deron + howard.

I think people are discounting the c's chances at deron and dwight in the offseason, rondo could easily be shopped in a mini second for a very good 2 guard or power forward to add to a core of paul, dwight and deron. In fact u might wanna wait until the offseason to make any moves.

Re: Who I would trade rondo for
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I would want to trade picks in this scenario as well.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I would want to trade picks in this scenario as well.

agreed though its not a bad trade ive always liked tyreke evans... but you definitely need a pick in there with it

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:52:03 PM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
If we're hell-bent on trading Rondo, we need a superstar back...out of players we could semi-realistically get, Deron Williams is only person I would want for Rondo.  

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:59:57 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
If we're hell-bent on trading Rondo, we need a superstar back...out of players we could semi-realistically get, Deron Williams is only person I would want for Rondo.  

you're really overrating rondo man... evans is a great player to get back for him, especially if you're getting other pieces/picks on top of it. Look up his stats... he's a good piece for a future team if you're trading rondo..

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:00:42 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
double post...

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »

Offline Big_Dave31

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37

you're really overrating rondo man... evans is a great player to get back for him, especially if you're getting other pieces/picks on top of it. Look up his stats... he's a good piece for a future team if you're trading rondo..

I understand, and I am not saying that he is as good as Deron, I think Deron is on CP3's level and a much better player.  This would only be possible if NJ are desperate to get rid of him, then, in that case, Rondo may be a decent consolation prize for them.
Whether I think Tyreke is a better fit for this team over Rondo?  I am not sure about that honestly, he is a very nice player, but, there hasn't been many teams with a shoot-first point guard that have won the championship Iverson was close, and no doubt Rose will get close, but, those guys were/are freaks of nature, not sure if Tyreke would get THAT good.

Of course, that is only my opinion.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »

Offline Capricious

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
Lol, you people complain about Rondo's jumpshot and you want tyreke evans?  Evans is atrocious everywhere but at the rim. I can't even put into words how poor of a shooter he is. ::)

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 02:01:54 AM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
What is with people..? Evans and Thompson?

You do realize that the Kings are horrendous, right? And you want them to be the building blocks in Boston? Rondo might not be perfect, but he's a distributing PG who makes everybody around him a lot better, not to mention has had so many monster playoff games, AND KNOWS HOW TO WIN.

You don't trade him unless you get a CP3/Deron Williams talent in return. Tyreke Evans is not what you're looking for. Not much better from the perimeter than Rondo.. ANd Rondo does everything else a lot better.

Thompson and Evans and we are the Kings.. Only worse.

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 02:42:08 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
What is with people..? Evans and Thompson?

You do realize that the Kings are horrendous, right? And you want them to be the building blocks in Boston? Rondo might not be perfect, but he's a distributing PG who makes everybody around him a lot better, not to mention has had so many monster playoff games, AND KNOWS HOW TO WIN.

You don't trade him unless you get a CP3/Deron Williams talent in return. Tyreke Evans is not what you're looking for. Not much better from the perimeter than Rondo.. ANd Rondo does everything else a lot better.

Thompson and Evans and we are the Kings.. Only worse.

don't think the kings would be crap if they had garnett, pierce and allen.

also i believe evans upside is greater than rondo, and he plays a position where is harder to get players than pg, It easier to get a good pg than it is a wingman now days.

and at least here we would be getting a player with real upside, unlike ur typical gasol or al jefferson trades.

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 02:46:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd be really interested to see how Tyreke would fare alongside the Big Three.

I think he'd do really well.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:15 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Id trade him straight up to the kings for isaiah Thomas ... Have you seen his numbers the last few games?  Sadly Sacramento would never do it

... Ok not really.  You have all just bared witness to a happening.  An accurate parody of people who started the "trade rondo for Lin" threads after Lins hot streak

who I would trade rondo for
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 03:06:25 AM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
i am positive  still on the second half, if you are really down, there's no other way to go but up, ain't it..or stay down...but that's another story..i am sticking on the first part of the story.. rondo would be a catalyst on the second half...
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
this wouldn't be a terrible trade as long as we sign thompson to a reasonable deal..

It easier to get a good pg than it is a wingman now days

This maybe be true to some extent, good PGs are hard to find but starting caliber ones have become more frequent in the nba, partially do to the lack of physical perimeter defense allows diminutive pgs to thrive.

Evans is a tough player to peg, as much as rondo is flawed he still is with out a doubt a PG. Granted a PG who cant shoot and has a poor ft%. Evans is truly a basketball player with no position. He is the height of a sg (6-4), has the length and weight of a SF 6'11" 225lbs, has the ball handling skills of a PG, cant shoot, and isn't a starting pg level distributor.

With all that being said I think a winning team could be build around Evans. He needs to have the following..

SG who is a good spot up shooter and can defend quick PGS, can be undersized. Avery Bradely with better 3pt shooting. Kind of like AI needed Mckey to play point then defend SGs for the sixers.

the rest of the lineup just needs to be able to shoot. To leave lanes open for evans to drive and kick.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I don't see the point in trading Rondo for anything but a star, and no team is going to take any such trade. Rondo is a great player on a team-friendly deal. He's not going to land us Deron Williams, and trading him for a player of a similar talent level doesn't help.