Author Topic: Small trade idea that could help for the 2nd half  (Read 2292 times)

Small trade idea that could help for the 2nd half
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
JO, Bradley, and the Clips pick for Faried, Koufos, and Brewer.

1. Since Garnett showed he can play C, we could insert Faried at the 4 and just ask him to rebound, block shots, run the floor, etc.

2. Koufos is pretty much averaging the same #'s as JO (minus the blocks), in 7 or 8 less minutes per game.

3. We could pair Brewer with Pietrus on the 2nd unit to deal with Lebron and DWade (if we meet them in Round 1).

4, We'd only be assuming an extra 4 mill on the cap for next year.

Re: Small trade idea that could help for the 2nd half
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:19:45 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I don't see any reason at all for the Nuggets to do that trade.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:50:08 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday

First, thanks for at least responding.  TP for that.  Obtaining a good young guard in Bradley and acquiring a 1st-rounder wouldn't be enough?  Kofous is a FA after the year and Brewer has bounced around quite a bit.  Essentially, it's Bradley and a 1st-rounder for Faried. If that's not enough, then I'd throw in Moore and few 2nd-rounders.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

First, thanks for at least responding.  TP for that.  Obtaining a good young guard in Bradley and acquiring a 1st-rounder wouldn't be enough?  Kofous is a FA after the year and Brewer has bounced around quite a bit.  Essentially, it's Bradley and a 1st-rounder for Faried. If that's not enough, then I'd throw in Moore and few 2nd-rounders.
Denver gave Koufos an extension. I forget the exact terms. Maybe $8-9 million over three years with the third year a team option. Something like that I think it was.

Anyway, they like Koufos. He has been starting for them recently and Corey Brewer has been doing a really solid job for them off the bench. Two solid rotation players for them at the minute. Denver would be asked to give up quite a bit more value than just Faried for Bradley + a first.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 02:54:05 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I would probably do Faried for Bradley straight up. Faried would help out the Celts alot on the glass.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday

Denver gave Koufos an extension. I forget the exact terms. Maybe $8-9 million over three years with the third year a team option. Something like that I think it was.

Anyway, they like Koufos. He has been starting for them recently and Corey Brewer has been doing a really solid job for them off the bench. Two solid rotation players for them at the minute. Denver would be asked to give up quite a bit more value than just Faried for Bradley + a first.

Your are 100% correct -- they did re-sign Koufos!  [dang]!  Trade Machine never gets updated.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

This kind of reasoning is baffling to me
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday

This kind of reasoning is baffling to me

How so?

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
I dont really see the point in making this move for either team.

It looks like a trade just to make a trade.