Author Topic: if joe johnson knee does not recover soon enough do you think atl can use ray?  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Ray Allen and Bass + Clippers pick for Josh Smith.

They should seriously entertain that.

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Ray Allen and Bass + Clippers pick for Josh Smith.

They should seriously entertain that.

Now why would the Hawks do that?  If they think they're a contending team they can't get rid of their only big man and if they're not a contending team they don't want Ray ....

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I thought JJ's injury was minor and he was to be back right after the All-Star break?

Why would they do this?

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Atlanta were to do a mid-season trade for Ray Allen, they would not give up a key rotation player.  The logical Boston-Atlanta trade involving Ray Allen is probably Ray for Kirk Heinrich and a second round pick.

Gotta get a first rounder in this deal; otherwise there is no point. I see the reasoning behind it though if we can't get our act together. Hinrich has been completely useless in Atlanta so no way settle for a second rounder. That's not worth Ray's Bird rights in a potential S+T after the season.

They have no leverage there. But I could see it. Have Hinrich back up Rondo and move Pietrus to the starting lineup.

Should the Celtics do it?  Probably not.  But I think it is the realistic value that you get for Ray Allen.  For anyone proposing a trade involving Ray Allen, ask if it makes any sense if you replace Ray Allen with a completely worthless player who has an expiring contract and a second round draft pick.  If it's not even close, then your trade idea is probably moronic.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference