Author Topic: idea trade scenarios  (Read 1198 times)

idea trade scenarios
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:38:29 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
These are some trade scenarios I could see / would like to see happen in the next month.

No Blow up, still hope for the season

1. Rondo + JO + 1st for Nash + Gortat   dont think Phoenix does it

or

2. Rondo + JO + Wilcox for D Harris + Big AL + Evans   think utah does this to give minutes to favors and kantor plus upgrade pg
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jt9c97

Blow up, rebuild

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=833re23

1. Rondo + JO for D Harris + E Kanter

then

2. R Allen for E Bledsoe + R Foye + B Cook

the rebuild leaves the Cs with addition young pieces for next year. Kanter and Bledsoe both have the potential to develop into above average starters.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:08:08 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: idea trade scenarios
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:50:31 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Just my take.

Phoenix won't do it.

Utah should add at least a pick. Rondo is way more valuable than that, slump or not.

The Clippers trade, i need to see more from Bledsoe. Ray is still a deadly option and stretches the defense. Foye is okay but I would rather not start him. I want no part of Brian Cook, no disrespect.

And just throwing it out there. Very minor deal but I think would make a difference.

Wilcox/Steimsma + 1st for Kosta Koufos + 2nd.

Yes, the other OSU big man who left early and can't find his grove until a after a few years where he got the NBA figured out.

On limited minutes that young man is doing pretty good. Legit 7'0'' with a big body and a really soft touch around the paint. Likes to play back to basket, something the C's dont have. He has that jump hook in the post that he makes most of the time. Good rebounder, averaging 5 rebounds in 15 minutes. He's not really a shot blocking prescence nor an interior defense beast, but he does not lack the effort. Oh, and he's just 23, so, albeit not a big upside but there is room to grow there.

I would sure like to give JO for him, but salaries wont match. At least he can back up JO and get more minutes. For a late first round, why not?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:58:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Not high enough on Kanter to give up Rondo for him.

Little interest in any young PG (Bledsoe) due to Rondo's presence on the team. So no interest in trading Ray Allen for that package.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Not high enough on Kanter to give up Rondo for him.
If we could get a first from utah great, if not i still do the trade..

I really believe that with more playing time Kanter will prove to be one of the most promising bigs in the NBA. 5 pts 5 rebounds 1/2 blk in 15 mins this year. He is currently stuck playing behind. Big AL, Milsap, and Favors. 

He has legit center size and is only 19.

Little interest in any young PG (Bledsoe) due to Rondo's presence on the team. So no interest in trading Ray Allen for that package.

This trade would be after rondo is sent to utah, Bledsoe is only 22, has good size and great athleticism for a PG. Like Kanter he is stuck on a team where he wont get enough minutes (and is coming of an injury).

If we make this trade and let both these guys play we would already have the ball rolling developing new talent. Couple them with the potential JJJ and avery have show and at least we are building a young talent pool quickly.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet