Author Topic: Trade Idea: Deron Williams for Rondo and Bass.  (Read 4524 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Deron Williams for Rondo and Bass.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I think people have to throw away the idea of D-Will enticing Dwight to sign in Boston.  If Dwight is available to sign as a FA this summer, then D-Will is not being traded out of NJ.

Only way NJ does this is if Dwight gets traded somewhere.  NJ is all-in for Dwight.  Deron clearly has more super-star allure than Rondo to attract Dwight, so you can all ignore the possibility of them trading Deron in any kind of package for Rondo, because D-Will is NJ's only chance of landing Dwight.  If they were to trade him to Boston, then Dwight has no reason to choose NJ over Boston anymore so just lost all chances at Dwight.

If Dwight is traded somewhere and extends, then NJ almost has no choice but to trade D-Will.  Otherwise, D-Will is certain to leave this summer if there's no chance of Dwight coming, so they will lose him for nothing.

If celts get D-Will, the celtics should absolutely hold on to Bass.  He wouldn't help the Nets anyways and is a FA this summer, so why wouldn't NJ try to acquire some of our rookies like JJJ or Bradley instead then go after Bass in FA if they like him that much?  Bass can help this team a lot this year.  I'd like the celts to hold on to JO too if possible.  He can contribute when/if on the floor in the playoffs.  Instead, trade away JJJ + Dooling to make the contracts work.  (works in trade machine)

I don't think a few of you realize that Josh Smith isn't a free agent this summer.  But, if Dwight is off the table, NJ would be wise to look at that as a next-best possibility:  acquiring Rondo then signing Josh Smith with all their cap space in '13 and hopefully that would entice some other FA signings in Brooklyn.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Deron wants to stay in NJ or resign there. I hear he wants to play for the Mavs this offseason, and if that is the case, why would the Nets not trade him?

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:39 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think people have to throw away the idea of D-Will enticing Dwight to sign in Boston.  If Dwight is available to sign as a FA this summer, then D-Will is not being traded out of NJ.

Only way NJ does this is if Dwight gets traded somewhere.  NJ is all-in for Dwight.  Deron clearly has more super-star allure than Rondo to attract Dwight, so you can all ignore the possibility of them trading Deron in any kind of package for Rondo, because D-Will is NJ's only chance of landing Dwight.  If they were to trade him to Boston, then Dwight has no reason to choose NJ over Boston anymore so just lost all chances at Dwight.

If Dwight is traded somewhere and extends, then NJ almost has no choice but to trade D-Will.  Otherwise, D-Will is certain to leave this summer if there's no chance of Dwight coming, so they will lose him for nothing.

If celts get D-Will, the celtics should absolutely hold on to Bass.  He wouldn't help the Nets anyways and is a FA this summer, so why wouldn't NJ try to acquire some of our rookies like JJJ or Bradley instead then go after Bass in FA if they like him that much?  Bass can help this team a lot this year.  I'd like the celts to hold on to JO too if possible.  He can contribute when/if on the floor in the playoffs.  Instead, trade away JJJ + Dooling to make the contracts work.  (works in trade machine)

I don't think a few of you realize that Josh Smith isn't a free agent this summer.  But, if Dwight is off the table, NJ would be wise to look at that as a next-best possibility:  acquiring Rondo then signing Josh Smith with all their cap space in '13 and hopefully that would entice some other FA signings in Brooklyn.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think Deron wants to stay in NJ or resign there. I hear he wants to play for the Mavs this offseason, and if that is the case, why would the Nets not trade him?

You think he wants to go to the Mavs even if Dwight wants to sign in NJ?

Deron Williams smiled when asked what he thought of the news that Dwight Howard reportedly wants to be traded to the Nets.

“That makes me want to smile a little bit,” the Nets point guard said.

Williams said he didn’t want to talk about all the speculation surrounding Howard’s future, and whether he might end up getting traded to the Nets, but he did admit he talks constantly to the Orlando Magic’s five-time All-Star, and he doesn’t think that constitutes tampering with a player under contract with another team.

“I don’t know, there’s a fine line about tampering,” Williams said. “But Dwight’s my friend, so if I want to call and talk to him, I’m going to call and talk to him.”

So, Williams was asked, have you talked to Howard recently?

“I talk to Dwight all the time,” he said.

Link:  http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2011/12/as_nets_pursue_dwight_howard_d.html
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

You think he wants to go to the Mavs even if Dwight wants to sign in NJ?

Deron Williams smiled when asked what he thought of the news that Dwight Howard reportedly wants to be traded to the Nets.

“That makes me want to smile a little bit,” the Nets point guard said.

Williams said he didn’t want to talk about all the speculation surrounding Howard’s future, and whether he might end up getting traded to the Nets, but he did admit he talks constantly to the Orlando Magic’s five-time All-Star, and he doesn’t think that constitutes tampering with a player under contract with another team.

“I don’t know, there’s a fine line about tampering,” Williams said. “But Dwight’s my friend, so if I want to call and talk to him, I’m going to call and talk to him.”

So, Williams was asked, have you talked to Howard recently?

“I talk to Dwight all the time,” he said.

Link:  http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2011/12/as_nets_pursue_dwight_howard_d.html

...Or they could both end up going to Dallas  ;D

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 11:09:09 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
What teams can sign both Dwill and DHoward next year?

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Not sure at the moment but I'm sure a lot of teams would unload in a second if they got a commitment from either one or both of those guys

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 06:48:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Brooklyn and Orlando are pretty much it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 06:49:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Deron Williams will sign in Dallas if he doesn't end up with Dwight in Orlando.  This is supposedly fairly common knowledge in insider circles.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip