Author Topic: Golden State and Monta Ellis  (Read 7754 times)

Re: Golden State and Monta Ellis
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I'd be making that call, ray allen would be the lead trade bait and move ellis right into starting lineup

Ray + 1st = Ellis

Rondo + Dooling = Al Jefferson

Bradley
Ellis
JGreen
JJJ
Big Al

Scoring won't be a problem.  Bradley's a top defender, but everyone else would have to buy in, but that's a lot of horses.

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'd be making that call, ray allen would be the lead trade bait and move ellis right into starting lineup

Ray + 1st = Ellis

Bradley
Ellis
JGreen
JJJ
Big Al

Scoring won't be a problem.  Bradley's a top defender, but everyone else would have to buy in, but that's a lot of horses.

No, no no. Bradley is an NBA player, but not an NBA PG. Keep Rondo, pursue a center in the next few years via free agency. Rebuilding takes time.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am pretty sure the asking price for Ellis would be Rondo. 

And I am not sure where rumors are coming from that they are shopping him.  Those come out every year, and they are always exagerated.

I think, much like Rondo, they are willing to move him.  However, I believe ownership loves him, and they are not willing to trade him without getting a star in return. 

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 04:48:08 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Ray + 1st = Ellis

Bradley
Ellis
JGreen
JJJ
Big Al

No, no no. Bradley is an NBA player, but not an NBA PG. Keep Rondo, pursue a center in the next few years via free agency. Rebuilding takes time.

Rebuilding doesn't have to take time if the pieces are there.  Usually, rebuilding drags on while salary waits to expire and youth waits to mature, but if the pieces are there, why do we have to be stuck in crap for a half-decade?  We don't.

Bradley's not an assist machine, but neither was DJ.  His defense and solid 20ft jumper (top of the key when they doubled Birdie) were money.  Bradley has that.

With Bradley and JJJ shooting smooth from 20ft, Ellis and Green slashing and shooting deep, and Big Al in the post, it sure looks like a team that can play to me.  JGreen returns to the 3rd option role that everyone knows he can handle well.

And next year, with Pierce still in the fold (and helping facilitate the half-court game), I think we could make a run next year and keep going.

To me, it'd be worth our 1st this year and perhaps a 2nd as well to procure Ellis without giving up Rondo (saving him for the Utah deal), and I think they take it.

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I would not want monta as a celtic.

I would like to see him used in an allen iverson like role, just not by the Celticss. If Ellis had a team built around him like the following..

PG Monta Ellis
SG Tony Allen
SF T Prince
PF S Ibaka
C T Chandler

..then he could constantly have the ball and put up huge scoring numbers. Aside from that I really think he is best suited as a 6th man. His productivity dictates that he makes to much $$ to ever play that role. He never seems like enough of a PG or defender to play winning basketball. The other thing I noticed is that AI in his prime got the the FT line 10 times a game Monta only gets 5.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

And I am not sure where rumors are coming from that they are shopping him.  Those come out every year, and they are always exagerated.

I think, much like Rondo, they are willing to move him.  However, I believe ownership loves him, and they are not willing to trade him without getting a star in return. 

And I am pretty sure you have no idea/forgot that the Warriors have a franchise point guard in Stephen Curry

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 05:02:19 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

I agree with you.  Plus Ellis is a 6-3  SG who's shooting 43% this year. 

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

And I am pretty sure you have no idea/forgot that the Warriors have a franchise point guard in Stephen Curry

No, I didn't forget that.  But I think Curry replicates Ray's skillset much more than he replicates Rondo's. 

And the point wasn't that they want Rondo, it is that they are not giving away Monta Ellis unless they get something great in return.  Just like we aren't giving away Rondo for nothing.

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

And I am not sure where rumors are coming from that they are shopping him.  Those come out every year, and they are always exagerated.

I think, much like Rondo, they are willing to move him.  However, I believe ownership loves him, and they are not willing to trade him without getting a star in return.  

I agree with this... and though undersized I think GS would prefer Curry as a sg

btw, yeah its gonna be rondo or nothing for ellis...

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/02/21/if-the-warriors-shop-monta-ellis-one-example-of-what-theyve-been-offered-recently/

yeah dont know if thats worth it...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:22:40 PM by esel1000 »

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 05:26:40 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

so they want a second one?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 06:01:54 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
pierce for ells i would probably do

pierce for ellis & wright i would do with no hesitaton at all

but i think thier looking for a younger SF/SG to play with steph as he develops

a ray for ellis deal isnt too far fetched as they'd like his expiring i'd has for GS's 1st as well

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
but actually i think pacers & Gs should swap granger & ellis both would be great fits for ether team & paul george would move to SF

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »

Offline Tone

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
I would like Monta Ellis on the Celtics

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 01:56:59 AM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens

Ray + 1st = Ellis

Bradley
Ellis
JGreen
JJJ
Big Al

Rebuilding doesn't have to take time if the pieces are there.  Usually, rebuilding drags on while salary waits to expire and youth waits to mature, but if the pieces are there, why do we have to be stuck in crap for a half-decade?  We don't.

Bradley's not an assist machine, but neither was DJ.  His defense and solid 20ft jumper (top of the key when they doubled Birdie) were money.  Bradley has that.

With Bradley and JJJ shooting smooth from 20ft, Ellis and Green slashing and shooting deep, and Big Al in the post, it sure looks like a team that can play to me.  JGreen returns to the 3rd option role that everyone knows he can handle well.

And next year, with Pierce still in the fold (and helping facilitate the half-court game), I think we could make a run next year and keep going.

To me, it'd be worth our 1st this year and perhaps a 2nd as well to procure Ellis without giving up Rondo (saving him for the Utah deal), and I think they take it.

Sorry, but that team would likely be around .500....

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
Guys, I'm not saying GS would give Monta away.. But all reports seem to be they are really, really trying to move him. Usually when you are desperately trying to trade a player who is under contract for a few years, you're not looking for the moon back.

They don't like the Curry-Ellis backcourt.