Author Topic: Can we catch the Bobcats?  (Read 2946 times)

Can we catch the Bobcats?
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:33:55 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Doubt that is possible, but I think we have a real shot at the second worst record in the league this season if DA just keeps the team as is, and also keeps Doc as coach!

It's really genius by Danny! And here I thought watching the game tonight how we'd become the laughingstock of the league. It has been Danny's plan the whole time! Wow!!!!

Re: Can we catch the Bobcats?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
the celtics would need to be literally sleeping on the court to have as bad a record as the bobcats... I am hoping for a top 10 pick though that'd be awesome

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Doubt that is possible, but I think we have a real shot at the second worst record in the league this season if DA just keeps the team as is, and also keeps Doc as coach!

It's really genius by Danny! And here I thought watching the game tonight how we'd become the laughingstock of the league. It has been Danny's plan the whole time! Wow!!!!

Reactionary fans are reactionary.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Yeah, because it's Doc's fault the majority of his team is well over 30 and are walking corpses.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
The Celtics could dump the entire starting lineup and still not end up in the top 5, I'd imagine. I don't see the Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors or Hornets winning much more than 15 games this year.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
if we stand pat it's pretty much impossible to miss the playoffs.  #15 pick at the most.  Probably swept in the first round.

If Danny does the smart thing and dumps Ray and Pierce for draft picks, we stand a shot of tanking into the top 10.  I'm rooting for that.  Top 10 odds at winning the lotto, 4 draft picks and 38 mil in cap space sounds a lot more intriguing than 0% odds of winning at title, 25 mil in cap space and two draft picks.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
the celtics would need to be literally sleeping on the court to have as bad a record as the bobcats... I am hoping for a top 10 pick though that'd be awesome
Guess you havn't watched them much lately----they are sleeping on the court! >:(
The Celtics could dump the entire starting lineup and still not end up in the top 5, I'd imagine. I don't see the Bobcats, Wizards, Raptors or Hornets winning much more than 15 games this year.
That's coincidental, cause I don't see us winning many more than that either!

Yeah, because it's Doc's fault the majority of his team is well over 30 and are walking corpses.

Yeah, that's why Doc tried to get E'twuan back in the game for the last 38 seconds, so he could develope his game!

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Oh...maybe with a little help from them other sorry teams , and Doc and DA play the games right, like keep Dooling in , we still got a decent chance of falling back.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 10:15:30 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
That's coincidental, cause I don't see us winning many more than that either!

So our winning percentage will dip from a touch below .500 to around .100 in the next 3 months? Sounds reasonable. In order for the Celtics to catch the bottom 5 teams, they'd have to be approximately as bad as the Bobcats have been.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
We don't need to get any  worse, we doing a great job there.... we just need for the teams below us to step it up play alot better than they have been. ;D

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
sense of humor; you're doing it right.  ;D

Can we catch the Bobcats?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
we are really doing a good job on losing, without even trying..
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 02:10:09 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I don't think we could catch them if we lost every single remaining game.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 02:16:38 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?