Author Topic: Would you trade Allen for Boozer?  (Read 4014 times)

Would you trade Allen for Boozer?
« on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
If the bulls are truly looking to move Boozer's contract, would you have interest in Ray Allen for Boozer + Charlotte's #1 and a future Bulls #1?

If Boston isn't going to be able to sign Howard/Deron/etc, it might be better to take a chance on the charlotte pick.

Re: Would you trade Allen for Boozer?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
a) Chicago would never, ever, ever make that trade.

b) No, I wouldn't, because Boozer isn't going to put this team over the top and his contract is too large a burden.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
If I can get a good 1st rounder as well, ASAP, then heck yes.

Rondo
Pietrus
Pierce
Boozer
KG

Bench:

Bradley
Moore (short minutes)
Sasha (I really like his toughness)
Wilcox
JO (in a more appropriate backup C role)

We have a better chance this year.

Next year:

Rondo
Pierce
JGreen
Boozer
Wilcox/KG (on a 1-year?)

Not bad...and a Bird in hand...

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If the bulls are truly looking to move Boozer's contract, would you have interest in Ray Allen for Boozer + Charlotte's #1 and a future Bulls #1?

If Boston isn't going to be able to sign Howard/Deron/etc, it might be better to take a chance on the charlotte pick.

They wouldn't trade you Allen straight up for Boozer what makes you think they'd include a lottery pick of Charlotte's for him let alone another #1... ::)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would make this trade at this point.  Especially if it is true that Howard ends up being traded to NJ.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No.

I just don't like Boozer. He has no heart and no fire - at least not that we've seen.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I would but Chicago would never make this deal.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
No.

I just don't like Boozer.

I don't like him, either, but I like him more than JO or Sheed (one thug wannabe and one lazy slug), and had to put up with both of them in Green for these last few years.

And the simple fact is that he could/would help us now and he's not a bad fit with Rondo and Jeff Green, and perhaps when Pierce is amnestied in the offseason (bank on it) we can still sign a near-max FA deal with someone.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 04:32:32 PM »

Offline RajonRondo9Dime

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9

Rondo
Pietrus
Pierce
Boozer
KG

Bench:

Bradley
Moore (short minutes)
Wilcox

Next year:

Rondo
Pierce
JGreen
Boozer
Wilcox/KG (on a 1-year?)

Have you seen Pietrus play basketball...? Other than the occasional 3 point shot, he is about as worthless as they come. It's amazing. He comes to Boston, gets hot from three for a few games, and all of a sudden Celtics fans believe he's a starter in this league.. He's a mediocre player AT BEST.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
It wouldn't help us this year, we'd have a gaping hole at the 2-guard and whole bunch of 4s trying to play the 5.  Plus, watching Boozer play D, after five years of watching KG?....  aigh.

So, it's a question of whether it would make us significantly better going forward.  Basically, it's the same as if Danny were to spend $15M of this summer's cap space to sign Boozer to a 3 year/$47M deal.  I'm not sure that's the best use of that cap space; I'd rather re-sign Bass (at a much smaller dollar amount) and hope that JuJuan can develop into a long-term starter; save that cap space for a star we can really build around.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'll say this... I think Ray is really hurting this team.

We run offensive sets for him very frequently.  Almost every play begins with him as the first option.  He is almost always unable to get open, then we sometimes run him off more screens or look to another option.  When you consider all these plays collectively, they seem to be much more often a waste of shot clock which forces us into less than desirable shot attempts than good looks.

I'm down for trading Ray for talent that can produce at a position we need.  If the management thinks they can utilize Boozer as talent at a position we need, then I'm for it.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
boozer contract is for the next 4 years, one of the worst in the league, chi town might not be it cos it might hurt there chances this year, but it's a very bad deal for the celtics long term.

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
If I knew that Boozer could consistently whip Bosh I would say yes. However, it is the other way around. How about Wilcox and JO for Carlos Boozer, straight up no draft picks, if Chicago is trying to unload his contract and angle themselves for Dwight Howard?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 11:10:31 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
If I knew that Boozer could consistently whip Bosh I would say yes. However, it is the other way around. How about Wilcox and JO for Carlos Boozer, straight up no draft picks, if Chicago is trying to unload his contract and angle themselves for Dwight Howard?

Chicago's not angling for Dwight Howard.  Chicago's trying to win a title this season.  They aren't going to get rid of Boozer just to get rid of him, not unless they're getting a good player back in return.

I wouldn't put it past Otis Smith to take back Boozer and his contract as part of a sign-and-trade for Dwight this summer (it wouldn't be the dumbest contract he signed or traded for; I'm not even sure it would be in the top 5!).

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

Rondo
Pietrus
Pierce
Boozer
KG

Bench:

Bradley
Moore (short minutes)
Wilcox

Next year:

Rondo
Pierce
JGreen
Boozer
Wilcox/KG (on a 1-year?)

Have you seen Pietrus play basketball...? Other than the occasional 3 point shot, he is about as worthless as they come. It's amazing. He comes to Boston, gets hot from three for a few games, and all of a sudden Celtics fans believe he's a starter in this league.. He's a mediocre player AT BEST.

I think I have to disagree with you on Pietrus. While he's not the second coming, he's a much better defender than Ray and did manage 11 rebounds the other night against Dallas. While I agree he seems stuck on shooting 3's and I would love to see him be more agressive going to the hole and offensively in general, I don't see him as being as worthless as they come.