Author Topic: Big Al Jefferson is the ideal trade to Boston  (Read 11782 times)

Re: Big Al Jefferson is the ideal trade to Boston
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 10:11:27 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I am a fan of Big Al, Boston needs a center and he would be the perfect fit. Although he still has not been all star, he is an all star, a star in the league.
In Utah he did not get very far, just get into playoff.

To Utah: Rondo

To Boston: Big Al

I can definitely tell your a big fan of Jefferson if you'd make a poor trade like that.  That would be a terrible trade that would set the Celts back several years.  Any GM would laugh at Ainge for doing this...

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »

Offline whiteandgreen25

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Utah really is the ideal trade partner if we want to trade Rondo.  

They have an outrageous number of assets including established players, prospects and picks.  I sounds like theres no way they're trading Favors or Kanter, and are also very high on Hayward.  This leaves Jefferson, Millsap, Burcs, possibly Hayward, their own '12 1st, and golden states '12 1st (top 7 protected).  

Considering what teams with a lot of assets have been giving up for premiere players (D Will, Melo, CP3), I think we could absolutely pull either Jeff or Millsap, and two other assets (2 picks, player + pick, etc).  Rondo is not a definite superstar, but it's widely believed that Rondo can help a well-balanced team with multiple scoring options.  

At this point, a trade with Utah could bring in a borderline all-star in Jeff or Millsap with scoring talent that we absolutely need AND two or more prospects for the future.  Gives us a great chance to trade a player who will likely struggle in a rebuilding environment for established talent and possibly two great pieces to start rebuilding with.  And disagree if you like but Utah seems to be clamoring for a star level talent to trade some assets for and Rondo fills a desperate needs at the point and is only 25 to go along with their promising young talent.  I think its a no brainer for both teams.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »

Offline bostonpatriot

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 6
Al Jefferson is an inneficient volume scorer, a poor passer and a terrible defender.

The Jazz got him for a couple of late 1st round picks and he isn't worth more than that.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 10:41:12 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Ideal yes, realistic that the Jazz are willing to trade him for any of our players? Nope.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 02:45:01 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
This is the man for us, Ainge should make an effort to get to it.

Big Al is still underrated in the league, he is an all star and we all know this.

His numbers are there, 20, 25, 30 points in every game and 10 rebounds or more.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 02:52:13 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Al Jefferson is an inneficient volume scorer, a poor passer and a terrible defender.

The Jazz got him for a couple of late 1st round picks and he isn't worth more than that.

I'm not really sure where you get "inefficient."  He's definitely not a good passer, and his defense leaves something to be desired.  But he's basically Zach Randolph at the center position in my eyes, and that's pretty good.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:44 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Big Al is still underrated in the league, he is an all star and we all know this.

That's funny.  I often cite Al Jefferson being a guy who I think will never be an All-Star as a reason why Boston should not acquire him on his current contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 03:06:39 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

That's funny.  I often cite Al Jefferson being a guy who I think will never be an All-Star as a reason why Boston should not acquire him on his current contract.

Big Al is an all star,I do not care for the all star, all we know this is very relative, everyone has their opinion. Randolph is also an all star, one of my favorite players.

Big Al should have been all star, he is a star in the league, this is indisputable.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/al_jefferson/

Take a look at his numbers, there are few players in the league with these numbers.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
one more big al trade
rondo and allen for...
al, haywood and watson

watson, bradley/moore
haywood, danials
pierce, pitrius
kg, bass
aj, jo

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 11:59:18 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I am a fan of Big Al, Boston needs a center and he would be the perfect fit. Although he still has not been all star, he is an all star, a star in the league.
In Utah he did not get very far, just get into playoff.

To Utah: Rondo

To Boston: Big Al

I can definitely tell your a big fan of Jefferson if you'd make a poor trade like that.  That would be a terrible trade that would set the Celts back several years.  Any GM would laugh at Ainge for doing this...
Well hey, if Pierce can play point forward more often with success, it would add toughness inside that we hadn't had since Shaq went down.

Our biggest problem is the center position. With a trade like this, we solve that problem without giving Jermaine up (I assume). We'd have increased depth, assuming we pick up Harris or Watson along with Al.

It may set us back a couple of seasons, but obtaining Al NOW helps us better for a title chase.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
This is what I worked out to get big Al back here:

KG From Boston -------> Utah
JO from Boston --------> OKC
Paul Millsap from Utah --------> OKC
Al Jefferson from Utah --------> Boston
Kendrick Perkins from OKC --------> Boston

Nazr Mohammed from OKC ------------> Utah

The theory behind the trade is to get Big Al and Kendrick Perkins back together with Rondo because they had great chemistry together. Holinger the ESPN mathematician calculates Plus One win for Boston. I say that good times will be rolling in Boston and that Wilcox, Bass, Big Al, and Kendrick will stabilize the Boston frontline. Heck JJJ could join the fun here.

The Utah Jazz are doing this for financial reasons and it is assumed they will pick up two number ones from Boston and one number one from OKC. They are believed to be turning their attention to Derrick Favors and others.

OKC did the best Getting Paul Millsap and Jermaine Oneal getting an estimated plus nine wins. But they are all in on this NBA title chase. Jermaine O'Neal can find a role here and he needs a change in scenery.

I don't think trading Rondo is the answer. The Celtics problems are rebounding and lack of low post scoring. They address those problems with this trade.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 01:30:43 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
This is what I worked out to get big Al back here:

KG From Boston -------> Utah
JO from Boston --------> OKC
Paul Millsap from Utah --------> OKC
Al Jefferson from Utah --------> Boston
Kendrick Perkins from OKC --------> Boston

Nazr Mohammed from OKC ------------> Utah

The theory behind the trade is to get Big Al and Kendrick Perkins back together with Rondo because they had great chemistry together. Holinger the ESPN mathematician calculates Plus One win for Boston. I say that good times will be rolling in Boston and that Wilcox, Bass, Big Al, and Kendrick will stabilize the Boston frontline. Heck JJJ could join the fun here.

The Utah Jazz are doing this for financial reasons and it is assumed they will pick up two number ones from Boston and one number one from OKC. They are believed to be turning their attention to Derrick Favors and others.

OKC did the best Getting Paul Millsap and Jermaine Oneal getting an estimated plus nine wins. But they are all in on this NBA title chase. Jermaine O'Neal can find a role here and he needs a change in scenery.

I don't think trading Rondo is the answer. The Celtics problems are rebounding and lack of low post scoring. They address those problems with this trade.

I wouldn't mind seeing Big Al in green again, but the above effectively cashes in ALL of our chips, cap room AND picks for Jefferson + Perkins. No thanks. Those two and nothing left over isn't taking us far. I'd rather have $20M to spend and 2 more young talents.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 02:20:38 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I like Big Al. But my concern Al Jefferson teams have been bottom feeders. Is it Coincidence or a Trend? Boston got better when he traded. Minnesota got better when he was traded. Utah got worse when he got there. I don't know what to make of it.

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 02:50:59 AM »

Offline Pervis Ellison

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
He doesn't play D. Like at all. He gets a couple of blocks, but it's like watching a turtle guarding a rabbit. He does grab rebounds and scores from the paint. Eh, I don't know. I'd welcome him back until he costs us a key game.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 04:08:10 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Please rank from first to worst: Troy Murphy in his prime, Al Jefferson, Carlos Boozer, and David Lee.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference