Author Topic: Big Al Jefferson is the ideal trade to Boston  (Read 11781 times)

Big Al Jefferson is the ideal trade to Boston
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I am a fan of Big Al, Boston needs a center and he would be the perfect fit. Although he still has not been all star, he is an all star, a star in the league.
In Utah he did not get very far, just get into playoff.

To Utah: Rondo

To Boston: Big Al

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Re: Big Al Jefferson is the ideal trade to Boston
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:36:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
and then you cross your fingers that Deron makes it to free agency?

Might as well dump Pierce for expiring contracts while you're at it so you can go after Deron AND Dwight...

Deron, Dwight and Big Al is a nice start.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150

Might as well dump Pierce for expiring contracts while you're at it so you can go after Deron AND Dwight...

Throw in a Jeff Green and an OJ Mayo and you're cooking! Then you wake up :(
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I'm a huge big Al fan aswell, he is really underrated and one of the best lowpost players in this league.

He would be a fantastic center for our team.

I don't know about trading him for Rondo, it makes sense for Utah although i think they don't wanna lose Big Al but they struggle heavily at PG and got Kanter (which is an amazing talent tbh) and Favors waiting to jump in.

For Boston, now we got problems at C, after this trade at PG. I don't think D-will will come to Boston and @ LarBrd33:Howard & Big Al in one team is not possible.

This is a deal which makes sense i got some doubts but in the end i might pull the trigger as much as i love Rondo. Good Centers are just not easy to find, loads of good PG's around these days.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:20:43 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'm a huge big Al fan aswell, he is really underrated and one of the best lowpost players in this league.

He would be a fantastic center for our team.

I don't know about trading him for Rondo, it makes sense for Utah although i think they don't wanna lose Big Al but they struggle heavily at PG and got Kanter (which is an amazing talent tbh) and Favors waiting to jump in.

For Boston, now we got problems at C, after this trade at PG. I don't think D-will will come to Boston and @ LarBrd33:Howard & Big Al in one team is not possible.

This is a deal which makes sense i got some doubts but in the end i might pull the trigger as much as i love Rondo. Good Centers are just not easy to find, loads of good PG's around these days.

want an inside outside combo from the bigs on o and a weak side shot blocker to tandem with al on d
don't see why big al would't fit well next to hibbard or mcgee.
j thompson has a nice outside game as does jjj for that matter

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
would do this trade if we could get watson back as well to shepherd the point for the season

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Why do you have to cross your fingers for Deron Williams? I do think he's one of the two best PG's in the league... but at this point PG's are extremely over rated. 50% of the league has a "franchise PG" and building teams around them doesn't mean Championships.

Steve Nash has zero rings, Jason Kidd didn't win until he was essentially a role player on his squad, Stockton never won, Gary Payton didn't win until he was a role player, Tim Hardaway has nothing, etc...

Even Bob Cousy didn't win anything until he got an elite Big Man and some clutch scorers.

I think the Celtics should do this trade in a heartbeat, if they can get D-Will that's great but don't give up all your money to get him.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Utah is sliding.   Favors and Kanter are their future.  It stands to reason that Big Al and Millisap are expendable (which sounds insane since they are both 27 and very capable players)... Still, it's the Memphis Pau Gasol mindset... if you're going to lose anyways, why pay millions of dollars to a guy who isn't selling tickets.  Al is stuck on the books for 15 mil next year... Millisap is stuck on the books for 8.5 mil next year.  For those who like to cling to pipe dreams... cling to the idea that we can trade KG's massive 22 mil expiring contract + multiple 1st rounders for Big Al and Millisap.  Maybe throw in whatever scrub youngsters they want from our team... Johnson, Stinksma, Moore, Bradley... whatevs. Gives us a major boost this year (maybe enough to get into the 2nd round), kills our lotto chances and allows the true fans to hold onto their PP without trading him.  Then after NEXT season, Pierce, Millisap and Big AL will all come off the books and we can make some tough decisions.  

KG is probably retiring anyways.  If Utah wants to save 20 mil, free up playing time for their future (Favors and Kanter) and get some 1st rounders (our 2012, the Clippers 2012... possibly others)... MAYBE they bite.  Utah probably buys out KG so he can join the Heat and win another title or something before calling it quits.  Then they just force-feed a bunch of minutes to their 19 year old future stars and tank for another top pick.  The fans probably aren't going to care, because they'll be watching the development of Favors and Kanter.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:26:14 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I thought there were 25 bring back Big Al threads on CB already? ::)

Seriously though, if you're going to bring in a center you absolutely need him to be defensive minded. Big Al is very defensively challenged, especially down low. I'd rather try for Howard and if that fails then go for a fall back. Would I consider Big Al? Sure...hes a Celtic and that is why people want him back. If Big Al was drafted by the Blazers and never played a game for Boston there would be zero threads on him right now. He's the player people lament dealing for KG, despite the fact KG helped bring the Celtics a title. DH12 is obviously the best option out there right now, Big Al should be viewed as a fall back. I would also kick the tires on Smith or Horford (I know hes injured right now). The Celtics will need a new front court anyways after this season.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The Jazz would give more for Rondo than just big al... they're desperate over there..

If I was gonna trade Rondo to the Jazz, I'd milk them for all I could. I'd probably trade Rondo in a package for a couple of pieces.

Trust me the Jazz will go to lengths to get their hands on Rondo... just look at their forum

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
The Jazz would give more for Rondo than just big al... they're desperate over there..

If I was gonna trade Rondo to the Jazz, I'd milk them for all I could. I'd probably trade Rondo in a package for a couple of pieces.

Trust me the Jazz will go to lengths to get their hands on Rondo... just look at their forum

Hell if they're willing to deal Favors and Harris for Rondo and filler I'll pile Rondo and filler into my coupe and drive them to Salt Lake

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32

Hell if they're willing to deal Favors and Harris for Rondo and filler I'll pile Rondo and filler into my coupe and drive them to Salt Lake

A 2500 mile road trip with Rondo would be pretty wild. 

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:06:41 PM »

Offline Celticjay

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19

+1

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »

Offline Celticjay

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Rondo and JO for Big and and Earl Watson works salary wise.. 

Utah would do this in a second..

KG
Big Al
Pierce
Ray Allen
Watson

Bench
Bass, Pietrus, Bradley, Stiemsma, JJ

Not a great team but would be easier to watch especially offensively.  Big Al would make life so much easier for Ray and Pierce..

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
Rondo and JO for Big and and Earl Watson works salary wise.. 

Utah would do this in a second..

KG
Big Al
Pierce
Ray Allen
Watson

Bench
Bass, Pietrus, Bradley, Stiemsma, JJ

Not a great team but would be easier to watch especially offensively.  Big Al would make life so much easier for Ray and Pierce..

Yeah, I'm good with Earl Watson...not worth the swap of Big Al for Rondo.