Author Topic: jajuan johnson PER 36minute stats  (Read 7251 times)

jajuan johnson PER 36minute stats
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:14:52 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
18.2ppg, 5.9rpg, 54% fg 1.4blocks

thats pretty efficient for a rookie. i know he hasnt played much but against some pretty good teams in the bulls, grizzlies he has performed with quality minutes.

I have a feeling this kid is going to be real good in a year or 2....david west type player IMO. kid has the tools to be good

Re: jajuan johnson PER 36minute stats
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Offensive he looks like he has the potential to be very good, but his overall defense and especially his defensive rebounding need to progress a lot.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Offensive he looks like he has the potential to be very good, but his overall defense and especially his defensive rebounding need to progress a lot.
The rebounding will/should come.

Right now he looks too timid to go for the boards, seems like he's alright with other guys grabbing them.  I noticed this a lot on Sunday when him and Wilcox both had opportunities to grab defensive rebounds.  He just let Chris go up and snatch them.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The rebounding will/should come.

Right now he looks too timid to go for the boards, seems like he's alright with other guys grabbing them.  I noticed this a lot on Sunday when him and Wilcox both had opportunities to grab defensive rebounds.  He just let Chris go up and snatch them.
He also just let Boozer, Noah, and Asik go and snatch them.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I'm really impressed how quickly JJ picked up Rotations on D. He was crisp out there. All he needs now is to improves rebounding we have an allstar in our hands. 

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm really impressed how quickly JJ picked up Rotations on D. He was crisp out there. All he needs now is to improves rebounding we have an allstar in our hands. 
Our buddy Nick did a good analysis last week to temper my expectations/enthusiasm for the JJJ all star train.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I hope KG done got that boy schooled to take his minutes, I got a feeling JJ is gonna get tossed in the fire fast.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Currently, he has an offensive rebounding percentage higher than anyone on the team except Wilcox or Stiemsma.  However, his defensive rebounding percentage is lower than those of Rondo, Pietrus, and Daniels.  His overall rebounding percentage is slightly better than Jeff Green, somewhat worse than Glen Davis.

He seems unlikely to be more than average as a rebounder, but his other skills are such that he could easily be an above-average player overall even if he is a poor rebounder.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 06:43:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Everyone looks better PER 36 it's pretty unreliable.   

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Especially in garbage time.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Especially in garbage time.

most of his minutes have not been in garbage time

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
I remember Doc saying back in camp that he had a game similar to Horace Grant.  If he became even 80% of Grant, I'd be more than pleased.

I don't put much into "per" stats, I just want to see his confidence grow, his rebounding numbers increase, and that his teammates trust him.  I believe he took the SECOND most number of shots the other day, so he isn't lacking in that department.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Truer words were never spoken. An especially meaningless stat for guys who have hardly played any minutes in games where it mattered.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

Truer words were never spoken. An especially meaningless stat for guys who have hardly played any minutes in games where it mattered.

the games against the Chicago bulls and memphis grizzlies didnt matter?? johnson was going up against marc gasol and boozer in those 2 games with major minutes..and did pretty well..

everyone was so quick to praise marshon brooks, whats wrong with stating that JJJ looks like the real deal?

most of Jajuan johnsons minutes have come in the last 2 weeks...anyway you spin it, the kid has an NBA jumpshot. and I think we'll find that he will continually put up points taking bass' minutes the next 2 weeks

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

the games against the Chicago bulls and memphis grizzlies didnt matter?? johnson was going up against marc gasol and boozer in those 2 games with major minutes..and did pretty well..

everyone was so quick to praise marshon brooks, whats wrong with stating that JJJ looks like the real deal?

most of Jajuan johnsons minutes have come in the last 2 weeks...anyway you spin it, the kid has an NBA jumpshot. and I think we'll find that he will continually put up points taking bass' minutes the next 2 weeks

TP, I fully agree. JJ's minutes have come in real game situations against quality opponents, not in garbage time really. He made a few very brief appearances in garbage time, most of his minutes have been in real game situations, and he looks great. Sure, it's a limited sample, but so is Jeremy Lin's minutes and Marshon Brooks, and they are already deemed HOF's and people are ripping Ainge for not taking them. But JJ looks good and Ainge gets no credit.