Poll

Which athlete's life would make the best movie (or the one you'd most want to see)?

Lin
0 (0%)
Tebow
1 (3.8%)
Yao
0 (0%)
Shaq
2 (7.7%)
Kobe
0 (0%)
KG
1 (3.8%)
Iverson
1 (3.8%)
Derek Fisher
0 (0%)
Bill Russell
3 (11.5%)
Tommy Heinsohn
0 (0%)
Randy Moss
0 (0%)
Tom Brady
1 (3.8%)
The Mannings (either one or together)
0 (0%)
Jose Canseco
1 (3.8%)
Mike Tyson
1 (3.8%)
Michael Jordan
0 (0%)
Wayne Gretzky
0 (0%)
Bobby Orr
0 (0%)
Pedro Martinez
1 (3.8%)
Cal Ripken Jr
0 (0%)
Barry Bonds
0 (0%)
Roger Clemens
0 (0%)
Bill Buckner
0 (0%)
Wilt Chamberlin
1 (3.8%)
Magic
0 (0%)
Larry
1 (3.8%)
Kareem
0 (0%)
Dennis Rodman
4 (15.4%)
Lebron
0 (0%)
Drazen Petrovich
1 (3.8%)
Jackie Robinson
2 (7.7%)
Steve Spurier
0 (0%)
OJ Simpson
1 (3.8%)
Jessie Owens
0 (0%)
 Tommie Smith and John Carlos
0 (0%)
George Forman
0 (0%)
Joe Frazier
1 (3.8%)
Carl Ludwig "Lu(t)z" Long
0 (0%)
Josh Gibson
0 (0%)
Moe Berg
2 (7.7%)
Sonny Liston
0 (0%)
Magico Gonzales
1 (3.8%)
Arvydas Zabonis
0 (0%)
Felipe Lopez
0 (0%)
Ronald Dupree
0 (0%)
Ryan Leaf
0 (0%)
Bill Bradley
0 (0%)
Heath Shuler
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Which athlete's life would make the best movie (or the one you'd most want to se  (Read 8294 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm pretty sure you all know my pick

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm pretty sure you all know my pick
Lin?

:)
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Matt Hamill, but that's already been done.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Jose Canseco, screenplay by Jose Canseco entitled "Jose Canseco"

Offline justin_bobo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
I'm guessing Wilt Chamberlain's would have to be an HBO or Cinemax special.
St. Louis Bombers (formerly Sacremento Kings)

PG-Tyreke Evans/Avery Bradley/John Lucas III
SG-Nick Young/Rudy Fernandez
SF-Linas Kleiza/MarShon Brooks
PF-Al Harrington/Kenneth Faried/Reggie Evans
 C-Roy Hibbert/Ian Mahinmi/Jason Smith  10.18

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Jose Canseco, screenplay by Jose Canseco entitled "Jose Canseco"

directed by Darren Arnofsky

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I'm guessing Wilt Chamberlain's would have to be an HBO or Cinemax special.

hahahaha. One of the best SNL sketches ever

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/91/91hwilt.phtml

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Randy Moss! The guy was great at everything but I would wanna know why he did the stupid things he done & why he quit so much! My 2nd options would be Terrell Owens or Len Bias.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Ed Suillivan....that guy lived the life...hung out with em all...Wilt, Cher, Tobogigio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaT-9l00050&feature=relmfu

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Honestly Wilt was the one I picked.  I just think the entirety of his life would be fascinating.  From the time he almost died of pneumonia as a child (he missed a full year of school) and his early disdain of basketball ("it was a sport for sissies"), to his chance meeting with Red Auerbach when Wilt was working as a bellhop, to Kansas and segregation and his amazing track career to go along with Hoops, to leaving college (he wrote an article on it that paid him 10k), to the Harlem Globetrotters, to the most dominant player in NBA (and perhaps sports history), to owning night clubs and investing in track and volleyball teams, to playing volleyball professionally, to running marathons, to turning down invitations to play from NBA teams in his 50's, all the way to his death.  Not to mention all of the women.

Wilt the Stilt led a fascinating life, one I would love to get more information on as I really only know the highlights.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I find feel good rags-to-riches stories to be a little too cliché, too Disney. I need some interesting dark twist and turns.  I want the movie to be a little more grim, maybe without a happy ending either.

Bison Dele: of course the movie would need a proper ending, and since everyone involved in his disappearance is likely dead…

Doc Gooden/Darryl Strawberry (either separately or together): - the rise/fall/rise/fall/rise/fall,etc. of their lives would be incredibly interesting I think.

Robert Rozier:  Just check out how dudes Wikipedia entry starts “Robert Earnest Rozier (born July 28, 1955, in Anchorage, Alaska) is an African-American murderer, former professional football player for the St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL. After leaving the league, he became involved with ‘The Brotherhood’, a Black Supremacist cult led by Yahweh ben Yahweh. He is currently serving 25 years to life on a conviction for check kiting under a third strike law.”  When the first thing your Wikipedia entry says about you is that you’re a murderer, it’s probably an interesting story. He admitted to killing 7 people as part of a cult. Also dude got released after the murders and put in the Witness Protection Program after testifying against the cult.  Now back in prison for something else.  Now that’s an interesting story.

OJ Simpson:  There’s the rise to stardom, then there’s that whole double murder thing, then somewhat getting your life back together, then for the final climax you have him and his boys bursting into a hotel room, guns blazing to steal back what is rightfully theirs (ok maybe a little poetic license with the last part).  Still an interesting story.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
You need an option for Moe Berg - former MLB catcher and coach, genius, and WWII spy who died penniless.

A graduate of Princeton University and Columbia Law School, Berg spoke several languages and regularly read 10 newspapers a day. His reputation was fueled by his successful appearances as a contestant on the radio quiz show Information, Please! in which he answered questions about the derivation of words and names from Greek and Latin, historical events in Europe and the Far East, and ongoing international conferences.[3]

As a spy working for the government of the United States, Berg traveled to Yugoslavia to gather intelligence on resistance groups the U.S. government was considering supporting. He was then sent on a mission to Italy, where he interviewed various physicists concerning the German nuclear program. After the war, Berg was occasionally employed by the OSS's successor, the Central Intelligence Agency, but, by the mid-1950s, was unemployed. He spent the last two decades of his life without work, living with various siblings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_Berg

Really strange and fascinating life story.