Author Topic: Paul Pierce gets 10th All Star Selection-Rondo, Allen snubbed.  (Read 17246 times)

Re: Paul Pierce gets 10th All Star Selection-Rondo, Allen snubbed.
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 12:16:41 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Melo has inherited Vince Cater's all-star torch.

You mean getting voted in by the Fans just because he does 'awesome dunks'? Isn't that Blake Griffin's current role?

Getting voted in even though he does not deserve to be an all-star.

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 12:18:51 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Melo has inherited Vince Cater's all-star torch.

You mean getting voted in by the Fans just because he does 'awesome dunks'? Isn't that Blake Griffin's current role?

Getting voted in even though he does not deserve to be an all-star.

Close enough. I know Vince did 'awesome dunks' that appeal to kids who vote in record numbers because they have no full-time job and other responsibilities.

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well, Paul Pierce clearly deserved it.  As a matter of fact, if there where any justice, he should be a starter over Carmelo Anthony.

Congratulations, Captain!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
How about the guys who got in for the East?? (The west looks ok, but did gasol not make it? Really? He's a chump but he should have made it)

Joe Johnson, Deng, Hibbert, and DWill were very questionable IMO. I would have picked Josh Smith over Hibbert or JJ and Rondo should be insulted DWill got picked over him. And is Deng hurt (still)? I thought he was.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 04:41:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
This game became more of a meaningless pickup game than it already was....When the inactive earvin johnson was rewarded for the great lie by being given an all star berth over a deserving player.

I wish they'd have snubbed every Celtic.  The schedule is too intense to waste time risking injury participating in this meaningless exhibition.

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This game became more of a meaningless pickup game than it already was....When the inactive earvin johnson was rewarded for the great lie by being given an all star berth over a deserving player.

I wish they'd have snubbed every Celtic.  The schedule is too intense to waste time risking injury participating in this meaningless exhibition.

Could you clarify this?  I really hope it doesn't mean what I'm pretty sure it means...

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Well, he's the probably only guy in medical history who's gained weight and looks healthy 20+ years after his "diagnosis".

Too bad he sounds as narcissistic as he did then whenever he's got a microphone in front of him.

I don't know if it's possible to make a mockery of a mockery...But when he played in that all star game, the NBA succeeded in doing just that.

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well, he's the probably only guy in medical history who's gained weight and looks healthy 20+ years after his "diagnosis".

Too bad he sounds as narcissistic as he did then whenever he's got a microphone in front of him.

I don't know if it's possible to make a mockery of a mockery...But when he played in that all star game, the NBA succeeded in doing just that.

Are you saying that Magic Johnson faked having AIDS?  Why in the world would he do that?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Yeah, that's what I figured.  Very classy to accuse the guy of making up his disease based on absolutely nothing other than not being dead. I guess Magic saw how cool and lucrative HIV was and just had to hop on the bandwagon  ::).  Or maybe he just wanted an excuse to retire without having to admit he was just too lazy and self-centered to keep playing, amirite??   

With all due respect, man, you have a very bizarre worldview.

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 09:55:46 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

This is at best painfully misguided, and at worst horribly offensive.

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2012, 02:24:38 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Even though he probably didn't have a chance, something in me still wanted KG to be on the All Star team
He absolutely deserved it over Bosh.

May not be putting up the same numbers, but twice the player Bosh is even now.

That's adorable.

Hahaha!!

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2012, 04:11:34 AM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
actually, i was kinda hoping that nobody gets picked for the all star..they could all use some rest after a tiring first half of the season...
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."

« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2012, 06:30:52 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Yeah, that's what I figured.  Very classy to accuse the guy of making up his disease based on absolutely nothing other than not being dead. I guess Magic saw how cool and lucrative HIV was and just had to hop on the bandwagon  ::).  Or maybe he just wanted an excuse to retire without having to admit he was just too lazy and self-centered to keep playing, amirite??   

With all due respect, man, you have a very bizarre worldview.
It is amazing what goes through some people's heads. Wow. If only being proud of one's ignorance wasn't so common.

There is no reason why someone with HIV wouldn't look like Magic. HIV is not yet AIDS. Add to that the $ to get the best treatment and growing knowledge, and it would be silly to expect Magic to look like a cliche AIDS patient from the 80s.

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2012, 06:34:47 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
No way Rondo belongs with all the games missed and less than impressive stats on a mediocre team.

Ray is not even close to worthy this season.

There are guys on other teams with a better claim to feeling unjustly passed over (as if it is possible for everyone across the league to be satisfied).