Author Topic: Paul Pierce gets 10th All Star Selection-Rondo, Allen snubbed.  (Read 17250 times)

Re: Paul Pierce gets 10th All Star Selection-Rondo, Allen snubbed.
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
I have gone from being furious to just plain convulsions of laughter at the East picks.

I missed what Kenny said about the coaches? Can anyone summarize it for me?

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
If you can accept Paul Pierce, you have to accept D. Will.

I cannot accept anyone with an 8-17 record making the All Star Game.

Like Chuck said, putting up numbers on a losing team means what? You still suck. You just suck less than the other guys on the team.

KG sure was terrible his last year in Minnesota, huh?

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
You guys are forgetting something. Last year's causes for the Celtics having 4 all stars.

Ray was nearing (or had passed, I forgot) Reggie in 3 points made.
Rondo was averaging 17APG with only a few short of setting the NBA record of assists in one game, on several occasions.
Pierce could not miss a shot.
KG was dunking all over the place, game in and game out, kept PF's on low points and played inhumane defense. Remember an article about KG finally being the 07/08 KG?

Yeah. Last year we were convincingly atop of the Eastern Conference. This year we're fighting to stay in the playoff section. Pierce got the invitation for passing Larry, not for being an incredibly inconsistent player who hit a stride a week before the selections.

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I have gone from being furious to just plain convulsions of laughter at the East picks.

I am just sitting here wondering how the West got it so right and the East got it so horribly wrong.

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Selections look right to me.  Deron has been playing out of his mind after starting the season a bit slow -- much like Pierce.  Nice to see Iggy finally get the recognition he deserves.  Hibbert is a debatable pick -- I'd say Varejao has been better -- but he's played very well for a top team.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:09 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Even though he probably didn't have a chance, something in me still wanted KG to be on the All Star team
I wasn't expecting it, but I in a way wished he would have made it.
Also Josh Smith was robbed and I agree with how did Carmelo even get to start. His team has played horribly with him and are not even in the playoffs at the moment.
Also Rondo wasn't picked to me because of his missed games. He missed too many games to be an All Star. If he was chosen I thought D-Will might have been too, but as a shooting guard instead of a point guard.
Whatever to me though, they need the rest and should take that weekend as a time for relaxation and refresh for the rest of the season.

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:49 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
For those who are arguing against D-Will, can you imagine the outrage there would be around here if Rondo were averaging 20/8 and got passed over?

If the Celtics were 8-19, it would be understandable.

Well, forget choosing all-stars, then. We should just have the Thunder play the Bulls, because the players on those teams play for the team with the best record.

That was exactly what I was getting at, thank you.

It might has well have been your point. Clearly, a person can only be deserving of making the all-star team if he plays for a good team. In that case, what's better than being on the best team? Team success means nothing in this argument, because it's not D-Will's fault that the Nets are terrible.

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
If you can accept Paul Pierce, you have to accept D. Will.

I cannot accept anyone with an 8-17 record making the All Star Game.

Like Chuck said, putting up numbers on a losing team means what? You still suck. You just suck less than the other guys on the team.

KG sure was terrible his last year in Minnesota, huh?

You're comparing the type of player KG was in his prime to the type of player Deron Williams is in his prime? Interesting.

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell

I am just sitting here wondering how the West got it so right and the East got it so horribly wrong.

No, no, no. There is a Phoenix Sun on the Western All-Star team. They're 12th in the West right now, which is comparatively worse than the 11th ranked Eastern Conference team, the New Jersey Nets. Thus, Steve Nash is awful.

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell

You're comparing the type of player KG was in his prime to the type of player Deron Williams is in his prime? Interesting.

Fantastic player on a bad team? Yeah, sounds about right.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17

No, no, no. There is a Phoenix Sun on the Western All-Star team. They're 12th in the West right now, which is comparatively worse than the 11th ranked Eastern Conference team, the New Jersey Nets. Thus, Steve Nash is awful.

Steve Nash leads the NBA in assists on a terrible team. Deron Williams leads the league in turnovers. Compare that.

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I hate discussions on who should be in the all-star game, it's way too nebulous. Having said that, Rondo missed too many games, but KG should be there. I think his defense has been terrific the last few weeks.

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Has Rondo really missed too many games?

He has played 16 of 24. He is back in the lineup and should play the games in between now and the All-Star game.

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 08:04:38 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell

Steve Nash leads the NBA in assists on a terrible team. Deron Williams leads the league in turnovers. Compare that.

Deron Williams averages 21/8. Both deserve to be All-Stars. It's not like we're putting them in the playoffs or anything.

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
I'm not shocked at KG and Rondo not making it. I am shocked at Ray Allen being shot down. He is having a career year for crying out loud.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!