Author Topic: Lakers (14-11) at Celtics (14-10) 2/9  (Read 116467 times)

Re: Lakers (14-11) at Celtics (14-10) 2/9
« Reply #840 on: February 09, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
JO 5 rebounds 2 pts. in 29 min.??????

Great defense.

Who played great defense?? Okay so that wasn't Bynum out there killing us (anyone else/Gasol who got into the paint)??? Oh my bad... I must have been watching a different game?

He shut Bynum down the entire game. It's not his job to guard Gasol and Bynum simultaneously. You want to get on him about his offense, fine but then you have to remind yourself of how many times you praised Perk when he was similarly productive.

LOL it's obvious you aren't talking facts here b/c I have no idea who you are talking about praising Perk, I only got to see him play a FEW games!! Now let's find Bynum's line for the day... 16pts, 17 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 stl... man, I wish JO would get shut down like that too!!!

Dude just held the starting Center for the Western All Stars to 6-15 shooting and people are pointing the finger of blame at him?

No, I don't blame him (again), I blame who cuts his checks! KG held Dwight to worse than that, what does that mean to me? He still got 16pts (crucial points more than once) and 17rbs against 2pts 5rbs... looks like Bynum is the one who played D and produced on offense!!! Give me JO off the bench for 10-15 and I'd love him (because he isn't a terrible player) but for any more, I can't take it!

You realize that Bynum's production came mostly when Wilcox and Bass were in the game and KG had to guard him?

There are many places to lay blame for a tough loss, but I really don't see where it's on JO or the minutes he played.

Bynum only played 7 minutes more than JO.  He racked up plenty during JO's 33 minutes.

And I do think our bigs didn't have the legs in the end, so the minutes were definitely a problem as far as I could see.  Got to keep JO and KG under 30.

True on the Bass shortness problem.  He's pretty limited against real bigs, even as a help/2nd defender (i.e. rotating on centers).  Heck, Murphy got 9 boards...

The best thing about our starters is that they're all prototypical for their positions.  It makes a difference when your shooting guard can shoot, the center anchors the D, the PG runs the offense, the PF has the length to cover S/R's, and the SF is a versatile scorer.

Undersized players just don't measure up.

« Reply #841 on: February 09, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Great defense.

Who played great defense?? Okay so that wasn't Bynum out there killing us (anyone else/Gasol who got into the paint)??? Oh my bad... I must have been watching a different game?

He shut Bynum down the entire game. It's not his job to guard Gasol and Bynum simultaneously. You want to get on him about his offense, fine but then you have to remind yourself of how many times you praised Perk when he was similarly productive.

LOL it's obvious you aren't talking facts here b/c I have no idea who you are talking about praising Perk, I only got to see him play a FEW games!! Now let's find Bynum's line for the day... 16pts, 17 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 stl... man, I wish JO would get shut down like that too!!!

Dude just held the starting Center for the Western All Stars to 6-15 shooting and people are pointing the finger of blame at him?

No, I don't blame him (again), I blame who cuts his checks! KG held Dwight to worse than that, what does that mean to me? He still got 16pts (crucial points more than once) and 17rbs against 2pts 5rbs... looks like Bynum is the one who played D and produced on offense!!! Give me JO off the bench for 10-15 and I'd love him (because he isn't a terrible player) but for any more, I can't take it!

You realize that Bynum's production came mostly when Wilcox and Bass were in the game and KG had to guard him?

There are many places to lay blame for a tough loss, but I really don't see where it's on JO or the minutes he played.

So now you want to blame Wilcox (NOT true unless you weren't watching b/c he was playing good D on Bynum Doc shoulda played him more) and KG (who now you are asking to cover two positions you say JO should not be expected to cover)?? I don't care how you spin it 16 pts and 17rbs is NOT being shutdown!!! Especially when Bynums average is 17.1 pts a game with a little over 12rbs lol!!!!! Good job shutting a guy down by 1pt less than his average and almost 5 more rebounds!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #842 on: February 10, 2012, 12:00:31 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Great defense.

So now you want to blame Wilcox (NOT true unless you weren't watching b/c he was playing good D on Bynum Doc shoulda played him more) and KG (who now you are asking to cover two positions you say JO should not be expected to cover)?? I don't care how you spin it 16 pts and 17rbs is NOT being shutdown!!! Especially when Bynums average is 17.1 pts a game with a little over 12rbs lol!!!!! Good job shutting a guy down by 1pt less than his average and almost 5 more rebounds!!!!

Don't know what you were watching, they had Wilcox on Pau when he was in the game and KG on Bynum and Bynum torched KG, which is what I said.

« Reply #843 on: February 10, 2012, 12:09:50 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Great defense.

Don't know what you were watching, they had Wilcox on Pau when he was in the game and KG on Bynum and Bynum torched KG, which is what I said.

Uh no, Wilcox straigt up D'd Bynum for sure on two misses! Wilcox barely even sniffed the floor but was productive in that brief time! Now, Bynum torched KG (all of those 7mins when JO wasn't in)... yeah, Bynum scored 16pts in 7 minutes, lol!! Again, Jo didn't do much of anything if the guy almost had his avg in pts (-1) but exceeded his rb avg (+5)!!! Not saying JO is garbage (on defense cuz jury is still out on his offense) but you are seeing more when it just wasn't the case.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #844 on: February 10, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Great defense.

Uh no, Wilcox straigt up D'd Bynum for sure on two misses! Wilcox barely even sniffed the floor but was productive in that brief time! Now, Bynum torched KG (all of those 7mins when JO wasn't in)... yeah, Bynum scored 16pts in 7 minutes, lol!! Again, Jo didn't do much of anything if the guy almost had his avg in pts (-1) but exceeded his rb avg (+5)!!! Not saying JO is garbage (on defense cuz jury is still out on his offense) but you are seeing more when it just wasn't the case.

::)

« Reply #845 on: February 10, 2012, 12:42:20 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
What I'm baffled at is why it took 3 quarters for Pierce to do ANYTHING
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #846 on: February 10, 2012, 12:52:35 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I had the alarm on but was too tired to get up. Oh, well. On to the next one.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #847 on: February 10, 2012, 05:14:11 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Tough loss. What disappointed me the most was that we let the Lakers bench outscore ours while theirs is the worst bench in the NBA. Barnes was killing us.

Also very disappointed to see Rondo back in passive/scared mode, it cost us big time especially at the end of the game (to the point I was thinking playing Moore would have been better...).

I'm not a fan of the Pierce isos but I liked his last shot for the win, too bad it didn't fall.

Anyway, even if the loss sucks, it was a great game - maybe not pretty but very tense and close the whole time, vintage rivalry!

« Reply #848 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Anxious to see how we do against Chicago Sunday and again on Thursday.  

If we pull an 0-3... well you know where I stand on this.

I love this team.  I'd love it a lot more with a starting center.  JO is a 3rd string center at the most.  We'll continue to get outrebounded and dominated inside until we solve this massive issue.  Bynum and Gasol combine for 41 points, 31 rebounds and 5 blocks.  

Celtics are dead last in offensive rebounds.  Only Detroit gets less rebounds than this team.   

This is why the Boston Celtics aren't contenders and why I believe we should blow it up if no center falls out of the sky.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:08:40 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #849 on: February 10, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218

« Reply #850 on: February 10, 2012, 12:05:04 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Should have won this game.

1. Kobe was chucking up shots at the end which wernt falling for the most part.

and 2. we had TWO chances to close the game with the final shot. Why on earth was the ball not in Pierces hands the whole time followed by him driving to the hoop for a foul? (how many free throws last night??)

We could have lived with a Gasol and Bynum pounding if the bigs just crashed the boards a little better. After the 3rd quarter, I knew Kobe wasnt going to be the problem, it was gonna be gasol and bynum.

The fact that it was close says a lot about both teams (good and bad) but it should have been a win.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #851 on: February 10, 2012, 12:05:33 PM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Tough loss. What disappointed me the most was that we let the Lakers bench outscore ours while theirs is the worst bench in the NBA. Barnes was killing us.

Also very disappointed to see Rondo back in passive/scared mode, it cost us big time especially at the end of the game (to the point I was thinking playing Moore would have been better...).

I'm not a fan of the Pierce isos but I liked his last shot for the win, too bad it didn't fall.

Anyway, even if the loss sucks, it was a great game - maybe not pretty but very tense and close the whole time, vintage rivalry!

Looked like he didn't get quite enough life on the jump and ended up not squared up for the shot.

Tired legs?

« Reply #852 on: February 10, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Should have won this game.

1. Kobe was chucking up shots at the end which wernt falling for the most part.

and 2. we had TWO chances to close the game with the final shot. Why on earth was the ball not in Pierces hands the whole time followed by him driving to the hoop for a foul? (how many free throws last night??)

We could have lived with a Gasol and Bynum pounding if the bigs just crashed the boards a little better. After the 3rd quarter, I knew Kobe wasnt going to be the problem, it was gonna be gasol and bynum.

The fact that it was close says a lot about both teams (good and bad) but it should have been a win.

what he said
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #853 on: February 10, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »

Offline mista2silent

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
was anyone asked to take pictures outside the garden by weei and if so where can i find them?