Author Topic: I got rid of Facebook. When will you?  (Read 33524 times)

Re: I got rid of Facebook. When will you?
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I actually created an account for the first time  a couple of months ago.  Probably the last one on the planet to do so.   ;D

The only reason I bothered was to keep in contact with people my wife and I had adopted some puppies to. 

I can see where it would be handy for keeping in touch with people that you don't necessarily talk to on a regular basis but other than that, I don't bother with it.

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 02:14:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
It's lost a lot of allure, and certainly isn't the "sexy, cool" place that it was made out to be - but it's still an effective site for certain things. Photo-sharing and event planning primarily.

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I'm curious to see what happens to it when it goes public.  It is going to generate a ton of cash in which to do new things, but at the same time will have more financial restrictions (as a public company).  It should be very interesting. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33:20 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I'm curious to see what happens to it when it goes public.  It is going to generate a ton of cash in which to do new things, but at the same time will have more financial restrictions (as a public company).  It should be very interesting. 

I'm super interested in this.  It seems like everyone is widely divided in their opinions on how the IPO is going to go.  Either it's a one trick pony that will go the way of AOL and MySpace, or it's the next Google.  Yet I'm not really reading any "Ya $100 billion is a fare valuation for the company."

I personally think it's the more the next MySpace than the next Google (so that probably means I'm wrong and you should invest  ;)).

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class