Author Topic: Best Buffalo Wings in Boston  (Read 16008 times)

Re: Best Buffalo Wings in Boston
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I really like the wings at On the Hill Tavern (on the Somerville/Medford line) though the atmosphere isn't the greatest.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
We have a place in Medford that does Honey Buffalo wings, they are amazing.  They beat all regular buffalo wings that I've ever had.

whats that place?  Im up in malden so that would be pretty close to me

John Brewer's Tavern.  It's actually on the Medford/Malden line, it may be considered Malden to be honest.  Sunday and Monday nights they do 25 cent wings.  It gets packed and the beers a little pricey, but the wings are worth it.

I may check this place out then, right down the road from me, is there easy parking around?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I really like the wings at On the Hill Tavern (on the Somerville/Medford line) though the atmosphere isn't the greatest.

Truth.  I work at Casey's in Somerville.  Sometimes it's even worse.  We don't have the fights that happen ever Friday/Saturday night that the Tavern does though.  Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at On The Hill is usually okay though, its once you get later in the week when the rift-rats start to come out.
do it

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
We have a place in Medford that does Honey Buffalo wings, they are amazing.  They beat all regular buffalo wings that I've ever had.

whats that place?  Im up in malden so that would be pretty close to me

John Brewer's Tavern.  It's actually on the Medford/Malden line, it may be considered Malden to be honest.  Sunday and Monday nights they do 25 cent wings.  It gets packed and the beers a little pricey, but the wings are worth it.

I may check this place out then, right down the road from me, is there easy parking around?

Yep, it's in like a strip mall, big parking lot.
do it

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
On Cape Cod
DJ's Wings in Hyannis
Yup

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Truth.  I work at Casey's in Somerville.  Sometimes it's even worse.  We don't have the fights that happen ever Friday/Saturday night that the Tavern does though.  Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday at On The Hill is usually okay though, its once you get later in the week when the rift-rats start to come out.

Ya, I occasionally go to trivia during the weekdays and it's fine there. Real low key, everyone kinda keeps to themselves / their group. But ya, the weekends is an absolute disaster. Been there a hand full of times and wouldn't dare go back. 0 fun.

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »

Offline dascott71

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
At Patriot Place there is a place called the Twenty8 Food & Spirits | Detail »
28 Patriot Place - Foxborough, MA 02035 - (508) 543-5500

This place has dish called the Wing Trio they were really good. Has anyone ever been there?

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Ya, I occasionally go to trivia during the weekdays and it's fine there. Real low key, everyone kinda keeps to themselves / their group. But ya, the weekends is an absolute disaster. Been there a hand full of times and wouldn't dare go back. 0 fun.

Man, I miss living in Somerville.  6 of the greatest years of my life.   Agreed on the riff-raff at "On the Hill Taven".  I was always a "Olde Magoun's Saloon" guy myself.

Was a HUGE "Wing It" fan when I was at BC. Post-college,  I think the wings at "Joe Sent Me" on Mass Ave in North Cambridge were the best I had in the Somerville/Cambridge area.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell

Man, I miss living in Somerville.  6 of the greatest years of my life.   Agreed on the riff-raff at "On the Hill Taven".  I was always a "Olde Magoun's Saloon" guy myself.

Was a HUGE "Wing It" fan when I was at BC. Post-college,  I think the wings at "Joe Sent Me" on Mass Ave in North Cambridge were the best I had in the Somerville/Cambridge area.

Yeah, I do the Wednesday trivia as well once in a while.  I love Magoun's.  It's great to watch soccer games.  I'll have to check Joe Sent Me.  I've heard real good things about it.
do it

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
Don't sleep on Wings Express in Waltham. Not really a sit-down dinner type of place but unbelievable.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Buff's Pub in Newton.

Hands down.

agreed -- solid.

the best experience i've had: the wings at redbones. personally i love the unsauced, grilled wings (great char), but the buffalo are darn good as well. no relation at all to those generic bad boys you find most places -- big, meaty, and they seem like they came from an actual bird....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 12:26:55 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Buff's Pub in Newton.

Hands down.

agreed -- solid.

the best experience i've had: the wings at redbones. personally i love the unsauced, grilled wings (great char), but the buffalo are darn good as well. no relation at all to those generic bad boys you find most places -- big, meaty, and they seem like they came from an actual bird....

Haha, it's funny - I was just wondering about this myself. I've gone to redbones a bunch and have never thought to try the wings despite that I absolutely love redbones AND buffalo wings.

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Buff's Pub in Newton.

Hands down.

agreed -- solid.

Haha, it's funny - I was just wondering about this myself. I've gone to redbones a bunch and have never thought to try the wings despite that I absolutely love redbones AND buffalo wings.

get a half-n-half order... or better yet, go all without sauce, then get them to bring you all the RB sauces on the side and just dunk to your heart's content. gotta try 'em plain grilled tho -- exceptional.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Buff's Pub in Newton.

Hands down.

agreed -- solid.

get a half-n-half order... or better yet, go all without sauce, then get them to bring you all the RB sauces on the side and just dunk to your heart's content. gotta try 'em plain grilled tho -- exceptional.

Well, I mean, if you twist my arm...

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
My roommates have been to buffs.numerous times amd love it although I have yet to go. I think Donahues right down the road in watertown has very good wings. Also the Sailoft in n end has very good buffalo tenders but haven't had the wings.

Went to magouns saloon last month and had the best burger of my life. Scared to go back and be dissapointed