Author Topic: Rondo for Dwight, sign Deron Williams  (Read 1679 times)

Rondo for Dwight, sign Deron Williams
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:24:34 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
If we have Dwight Howard and an empty point guard spot why wouldn't Deron sign with us?

For this year we would be way better... Will anyone out rebound Dwight, KG and Bass?  What about a line up of: Dwight KG Bass Pierce Ray

This move is a no brainer.  Who can offer more for Dwight?  Rondo, JJ, Jermaine, 1st rounder.  They would take that over Bynum. 

Re: Rondo for Dwight, sign Deron Williams
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:51 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Rondo, Jajaun Johnson, E'Twann, Jermaine O'Neal Both 1st rounders may get it done. Then we would have to hope we could get Aaron Brooks to sign for the min. to have a chance at a title run. Idk if the Magic would even let us keep Stiemsa because they may ask for him too! But D-12 here before the deadline is worth it. May be able to talk him into staying with the Big 3 here & a legit chance at D-Will in the summer.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Problem is that would leave a huge hole at the 5 for Orlando, with not even a Gortat around....Earl Clark doesn't count.  I think the Lakers would throw in whatever they could (prospects, picks...) to sweeten the deal.  Plus, my guess is that the Magic are content with Jameer, though Rondo would certainly be an upgrade.

Don't get me wrong, I'd make that trade from the Cs POV, but don't see why Orl would do it.  Maybe if we threw in Doc...SVG's days may be numbered. :)

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:36:42 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
wny trade away all our assets when there is a good chance that DH will come to us next year.  especially f we continue to play as we have recently.  you don't think that the last two games have left an indelible mark in howard's brain as to whether the big 3 has anything left especially in combination with our developing athletic talent base that you want to trade away.  The athleticism and defensive prowess of bradley and moore have pushed initiated this win streak.

I would only trade away expendabes for DH now - rondo, JO will do it salary wise - can add both 1st rounders from next year to sweeten the pot.  Sure it leaves them with a hole at center but perhaps danny can turn this into some sort of three way deal and get kaman to orlando as well.  I think we need to keep moore bradley and jjj and develop them for when the big 3 leave.  they have game.  plus it leaves and opening as you have proposed for d will and a brighter future instead of going all in for this year.