Author Topic: Get kaman.  (Read 12567 times)

Re: Get kaman.
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:48 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Imagine that. A 7 footer who actually boxes out. Hey maybe we should try someone like that, you never know he might be on to something.

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The scenario for getting Kaman is probably something like both Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal suffer season-ending injuries and you trade those expiring contracts, cash, Jujuan Johnson, and a draft pick.  You probably also have to take back additional players to balance roster spots.

I don't want to contemplate that scenario too much.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 01:27:28 AM »

Offline Inside-Out

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
The scenario for getting Kaman is probably something like both Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal suffer season-ending injuries and you trade those expiring contracts, cash, Jujuan Johnson, and a draft pick.  You probably also have to take back additional players to balance roster spots.

I don't want to contemplate that scenario too much.

I think for the remainder of this season, if JO goes down and either Bass or Wilcox flame out and they look like they otherwise have a shot, you trade the dead legs (no pun intended) plus anything in reason since we'd be over a barrell....like two assets: two picks, J3 and a pick, etc.

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 04:29:22 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-hornets-kaman

He seems done in NO. Maybe he gets bought out, but I doubt the asking price is crazy. JO, Wilcox, and dooling gets it done. Saves the hornets three mill. We can throw in a second.

Also steemsma, Johnson, Bradley, dooling, and Jo works. This creates three more mill in cap space for us next season and provides the hornets with a savings of three million and some young talent on rookie deals.

Why give up all that for Kaman? The only reason he's hard to acquire right now is that he has a restriction to be traded with another player for 2 months. That restriction is lifted on 2/12/12 trade deadline is in March, so the Celtics & Hornets have plenty of time to wait for a better trade involving more players from both teams.