Author Topic: Get kaman.  (Read 12568 times)

Re: Hornets To Pursue Trade Of Chris Kaman
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No thanks.

Kaman isn't that good.  Every bit as slow as JO.  Maybe a bit better on offense, but not that much.  I'm not even sure he's any more reliable health wise either.  I just don't see Kaman having a significant impact on our fortunes for this season.  And no way would I want to keep him next year.  He will be overpaid.  Perk's contract is a better bargain than what Kaman will likely recieve.

Considering the only way to make a trade work, would be to include other players (besides JO), I just don't see any value on our side in any trade for Kaman.  A one year rental for a marginal player is not worth giving up any of our young players.

Re: Get kaman.
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 12:04:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This thread really ought to be merged with the other thread regarding Kaman.  Same discussion essentially.

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Problem with getting Kaman is his salary would basically require us to trade Ray or a bunch of our bench players in order to get him.  Not worth it.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
NOH wants cap space, a draft pick, and a young player back in return...

Good luck...  ::)

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
getting him would be huge.  He's both underrated and overrated it seems.   But to Boston it would be a difference maker.  It would give us a legitimate starting center... and this team is DESPERATE for a legitimate starting center (last few fluke games aside)

Getting Kaman is the first step in my non-blowup dream scenario. 

Here's the funny part.  I've said this before.  To everyone who thinks we have significant cap room in the offseason... we'd be lucky to land a player like Chris Kaman with that cap space.  I guesstimated a month ago that we'd just re-sign Ray and KG to cheaper deals and use our remaining space to find an affordable starting center.  Chris Kaman was the first name I thought of.

Re: Hornets To Pursue Trade Of Chris Kaman
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No thanks.

Kaman isn't that good.  Every bit as slow as JO.  Maybe a bit better on offense, but not that much.  I'm not even sure he's any more reliable health wise either.  I just don't see Kaman having a significant impact on our fortunes for this season.  And no way would I want to keep him next year.  He will be overpaid.  Perk's contract is a better bargain than what Kaman will likely recieve.

Considering the only way to make a trade work, would be to include other players (besides JO), I just don't see any value on our side in any trade for Kaman.  A one year rental for a marginal player is not worth giving up any of our young players.

Man, maybe you have seen Kaman play, but I disagree with the majority of your thoughts, especially the ones in bold.

Here's a recent video of him playing for Germany. He was often matched up vs. Asik, who many here love, and Semih, who everyone here knows. I thought this was an appropriate video since he was starting and getting significant playing time, is a recent game (didn't want to post an LAC game from 5 years ago), and was going up against NBA caliber centers.

If you watch his game, especially his post game and footwork in the post, and still feel the same, then to each his own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoKxD4pHo0

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Wasn't he in Deliverance?

If it's off the back of a buy-out, sure.  Else, no.
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 06:10:32 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
getting him would be huge.  He's both underrated and overrated it seems.   But to Boston it would be a difference maker.  It would give us a legitimate starting center... and this team is DESPERATE for a legitimate starting center (last few fluke games aside)

Getting Kaman is the first step in my non-blowup dream scenario. 

Here's the funny part.  I've said this before.  To everyone who thinks we have significant cap room in the offseason... we'd be lucky to land a player like Chris Kaman with that cap space.  I guesstimated a month ago that we'd just re-sign Ray and KG to cheaper deals and use our remaining space to find an affordable starting center.  Chris Kaman was the first name I thought of.

Who would you trade for Kaman, though?  Trading for him would be a win-now move, except we'd probably have to give up so much that it'd be a lateral move at best.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
No way.  The guy has averaged 49 games a season over the past four seasons.  If our big concern with JO is his ability to stay healthy, why in the world would we trade him in (along with most of the rest of the bench) for Chris Kaman. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No way.  The guy has averaged 49 games a season over the past four seasons.  If our big concern with JO is his ability to stay healthy, why in the world would we trade him in (along with most of the rest of the bench) for Chris Kaman. 

Simply said, we are not. More than likely, he will be bought out as no one will give in to the Hornets demands.

I would say the decision to trade him now, is probably based on his contract and how much of it will be guaranteed past a certain point. I really doubt it's to play the "youngsters" because who is that big young C they speak of, who will take Kaman's minutes. Besides, they would have been better served to give him minutes to increase trade value, not make it public and bench him.

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I definitely am not seeing the allure.  You're making the defense unimaginably worse without getting any type of difference maker, and you don't even improve the rebounding.

And it's not even like he's an ideal fit in our offense.  At the C position we're better off with a strong finisher rather than a finesse shot creator.  With the way Bass has been playing I think he brings more contributions, and I wouldn't give Kaman any of his minutes.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think our center right now is ok, KG.  Things have been looking up since he has been playing C.

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
If he's bought out, I'd have to believe we would be interested.  He could help, particularly on offense, where we have struggled.  But no way we should trade for him...

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2012, 07:54:52 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
If he's bought out, I'd have to believe we would be interested.  He could help, particularly on offense, where we have struggled.  But no way we should trade for him...

Absolutely.
I'd love to see him here if bought out.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »

Offline 82-0

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hey, if you do trade for Kaman, beware of his "Mr. Flippy" persona, in which he'll pass up an easy open shot for a ridiculously ugly open shot for no reason.