Author Topic: Get kaman.  (Read 12571 times)

Re: Get kaman.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
After seeing younger, more athletic guys from our bench really help us win games of basketball this past week, I'm really reluctant in wanting to go for the slowest center on offer.

You know Kaman isn't that old. He's only 29.
Don't have to be old to be slow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

"As NBA/Hornets survey trade market for Chris Kaman, Rockets, Pacers, Jazz, Spurs are a few teams with interest, sources tell Y!"

Other than the Rockets, why are any of those teams after him? We have a much larger need for him then any of them.
The Rockets and the Pacers are looking for a capable backup big. The Jazz and the Spurs have PFs masquerading as starting centers.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 09:19:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think it would help what would it take though?  They are not going to give him away for Stiesmsa and crap.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Would live to have him. He's the back to basket player the Celtics need. I still believe he can be productive albeit being slow. But I'm pretty sure were gonna need to give a lot for him, in which case, nevermind.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Toss in Bradley, Stiesma, Sasha and JO and one of our number ones and go for the title his year.  We could not do it until Mar 1st.   because of trades restrictions. 

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Toss in Bradley, Stiesma, Sasha and JO and one of our number ones and go for the title his year.  We could not do it until Mar 1st.   because of trades restrictions. 

Dooling instead of Bradley maybe. This should be the trade offer.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Dooling instead of Bradley maybe. This should be the trade offer.

Would NO take "filler" plus a late first rounder for Kaman? They would probably want more.

Does it make sense for the Cs to use some of their trade chips for Kaman, in the hopes of making a title run this year, but at the expense of building for the long term? This doesn't seem to be Danny's MO.

I suppose the one upside is the Cs would have Kaman's bird rights in the summer, which might be a valuable bargaining chip (e.g.: for use in a S&T).

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
The problem with Kaman is the price is going to be way too high for him. He is already massively overpaid, and it isn't worth losing a lot of pieces to get him.

He is a decent rebounder, and really that's about it. He is very turnover prone (bad hands), which limits his usefulness, and he really isn't that good of a scorer. All of his shooting percentages are worryingly low, especially close to the basket.

The rebounding and size is nice, but his two biggest weaknesses are exactly in the areas that we need a center to excel in, inside scoring and not losing the ball.

He would be a slight upgrade from JO, but he isn't worth the asking price.

(Besides, he was only an All-Star because he put up numbers on a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty team. He was never terribly good)

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
The guy's brittle, and has a limited skillset.

NO interest whatsoever in Kaman unless he's bought out. Zero interest in moving anything close to an asset for him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Re: Hornets To Pursue Trade Of Chris Kaman
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I think that Kaman for one year (yes at 14million ugh) is worthwhile if it is for JO, cash and a protected future first. Even through them Daniels or another bench guy not named Bass or Wilcox. Yes I would do Avery Bradley if they throw back a high 2nd from next year.

I tried an ONeal, Bradley and Bass (salary slot) for Kaman on ESPN trade machine and it works. I am pretty sure we could make that work with:

ONeal
Cash
Bench player (Bradley, Pavlovic/Moore)

Future (2013 or 14 lotto protected) first

for

Kaman
next years highest 2nd round pick owned by the Hornets

If we dont want to keep him beyond this year, we have a 14 million slot opening up to use for a (lesser amount) sign and trade to a team looking for a center. Unless injured, Kaman will still command 8-10 million per next season on the open market IMHO.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2012, 11:21:04 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Kaman would be a great addition.

He's a pretty good shooter, has a nice post up game, can finish with either hand, good passer for a big, and has good footwork in the post. I really question anyone who says he has a limited skillset. His weaknesses are basically a lack of athleticism, has been injury plagued, and sometimes seems unfocused (probably cause of the ADD). But again, skills are not an issue.

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2012, 11:33:11 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Also, if is bought out, which seems likely, I think we have a legitimate chance to sign him for various reasons. Most importantly the fact that we have significant cap space this summer. I'm certain it'll weigh on his decision to know that if he plays well he potentially could be re-signed.

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 11:49:15 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

(Besides, he was only an All-Star because he put up numbers on a ****ty team. He was never terribly good)

There are plenty of players who play on ****ty teams; not all of them can put up all star numbers.  While he's no impact player, Kaman would be a pretty solid addition to this team.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I don't see the reason to get Kaman.
It would be a one year rental of an expensive big man. If we really think he's going to change the long term fortunes of the Celtics, then we can get him in the offseason.

Good point. Why break up the chemistry we've only just started building up?

Kaman is an all star caliber center. Adding him to the big four gives you an all star caliber player at every position in the starting lineup and a realistic chance of representing the east in the finals.

Exactly.
People forget how good we were with a 7 foot offensive player in the paint with Shaq.
Rondo makes it so easy for these guys around the rim.
Think about all those clanks that JO bricks and misses as he fades away, or all the times he headfakes in a pack of 3 players and gets rejected because he has no lift.
Kaman can finish all those plays.
We would be sacrificing defense, and JO's 1v1 defense is very good, but it would probably be worth the gamble if we want a scoring threat inside the paint- particularly if we came up against the Lakers or Grizzlies in the finals.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Hornets To Pursue Trade Of Chris Kaman
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 11:58:31 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
It's already been reported that the C's are only interested in Kaman if he is bought out, but not via trade, so we can stop with all the ridiculous trade scenarios that only make sense in the trade machine.