Author Topic: Get kaman.  (Read 12566 times)

Re: Hornets To Pursue Trade Of Chris Kaman
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 12:08:04 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Man, the future first is killing it. I'd love Kaman to be here, but no for a future 1st. Back to basket player that we need. But asking price for a guy who's in decline is just too much.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 12:14:11 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Not to be a tweener, but dude, you continually post things in the wrong section- it floods the main board with trade ideas and stuff that isn't necessarily Celtics related.
Please think about where you are going to post before posting.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:58 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Not to be a tweener, but dude, you continually post things in the wrong section- it floods the main board with trade ideas and stuff that isn't necessarily Celtics related.

What are you talking about ? I have been posting here for years and rarely post in the wrong section .  I thought it was worthy of putting in the c's section since our center's consists the walking dead.

Please think about what you post before you call someone out when it's not true .

and what the hell is a tweener ? what are you not quite a pg or sg ?   ::)

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 02:14:38 AM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Two weeks ago it looked like 95% of our roster was walking dead... Must agree:

1) I would not trade for Kaman.  Wilcox looks to be turning a corner, and I'm not giving away that #1 pick.

2) This thread does belong in the "Trade Ideas and Rumors" section.  Why?  Because that's what this is...

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:57 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Two weeks ago it looked like 95% of our roster was walking dead... Must agree:

1) I would not trade for Kaman.  Wilcox looks to be turning a corner, and I'm not giving away that #1 pick.

2) This thread does belong in the "Trade Ideas and Rumors" section.  Why?  Because that's what this is...
Perhaps it does and I thought I was originally posting there , but turns out I clicked on the wrong tab ( I had like 5 open fore celticsblog). Didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Just kind of annoying having someone be snotty about it and say I do it all the time when it's not true .

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 02:27:12 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
we don't have the contracts to match salaries, Kaman has a 15% trade kicker, his contract went up in the clippers trade to 14 million and it would be 16 million now if we traded for him.

not worth it.

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 02:57:08 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
In defense of rondohondo, I just checked three pages of his last posts and the one here seems to be the only one out of those that was posted in the wrong section. It's not that big of a deal, since the mods will move them accordingly. Well, to me at least it isn't. I usually check my own last post to easier find the threads I have posted in and those threads I want to post in at the moment. Cheer up, folks, we're all Green here.

Regarding Kaman, I'd say no (even if the numbers should work). He's just not that good.

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think we'd have to include JO, Wilcox and Bass for it to work, but I'd do it.  I've been dropping Chris Kaman's name for weeks on this board.  This makes me happy.  He's a legit starting center.  Our main weakness is starting center.  If we somehow got Kaman, I'd finally have to relent on my "blow it up" posts... it could make us a very interesting team.

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 03:31:30 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think we'd have to include JO, Wilcox and Bass for it to work, but I'd do it.  I've been dropping Chris Kaman's name for weeks on this board.  This makes me happy.  He's a legit starting center.  Our main weakness is starting center.  If we somehow got Kaman, I'd finally have to relent on my "blow it up" posts... it could make us a very interesting team.

Are you saying you'd give up 3 bigs, including Bass, for Kaman?

Wow.

Why not throw in Rondo and two first's for Ariza.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 04:04:08 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
NO ON BASS! JO, JJJ, AB, and an exception is fine.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:06 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

What are you talking about ? I have been posting here for years and rarely post in the wrong section .  I thought it was worthy of putting in the c's section since our center's consists the walking dead.

Please think about what you post before you call someone out when it's not true .

and what the hell is a tweener ? what are you not quite a pg or sg ?   ::)

Dude, I've noted multiple times when you've had a suggestion about a trade or idea that shouldn't be in the section.
I wouldn't say anything but it becomes VERY annoying.
The topic will just get moved.
If it was an honest mistake then I apologize.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Get kaman.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 04:57:16 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I don't see the reason to get Kaman.
It would be a one year rental of an expensive big man. If we really think he's going to change the long term fortunes of the Celtics, then we can get him in the offseason.

Good point. Why break up the chemistry we've only just started building up?

Kaman is an all star caliber center. Adding him to the big four gives you an all star caliber player at every position in the starting lineup and a realistic chance of representing the east in the finals.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 05:37:25 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
After seeing younger, more athletic guys from our bench really help us win games of basketball this past week, I'm really reluctant in wanting to go for the slowest center on offer.

You know Kaman isn't that old. He's only 29.

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
ive wanted him for weeks.  He'd be a perfect fit and seems reasonably acquirable. 

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 07:26:48 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Are you saying you'd give up 3 bigs, including Bass, for Kaman?

Wow.

Why not throw in Rondo and two first's for Ariza.
Doesn't Kaman make 14 mil?  I thought we'd HAVE to include those 3 contracts in order to make it work.  If there's another option, I'm happy.

But as I've said in about 3 threads ... I'd gladly give up a backup PF for a starting center.  Bass is gone next year anyways.