Author Topic: Great time to trade & Why I love Danny Ainge  (Read 8156 times)

Re: Great time to trade & Why I love Danny Ainge
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 10:01:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I'm really lucky this forum doesn't have negative tommy points. 

I'm sure you would have gotten some this thread after calling that the Pacers would destroy us.... Wait, what?

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm sorry, but I definitely wouldn't mind if Danny traded Rondo for Collison, George, and a future 1st right now.

George is going to be a very nice player, IMO.

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 10:41:28 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Keep the core four, Pietrus and Bass.. What this team really needs is a center and we can still contend.. Get Kaman or Cousins!

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I (somewhat) agree with the OP. This little win streak is nice and all, but this team isn't winning a title this year. This team - as currently - constructed - is still going to fall to Miami or Chicago in the playoffs, IMO.

It's time to stop holding on to the glory days of 07-08 and make a trade that will help us rebuild for the future.

TP.

Does it seem like a coincidence that we have a sense of renewed life after playing Moore and Bradley, in place of the injured Rondo? No Dooling, no Ray, the 1/2 SG's we had to start the year. Hell, even Sasha looks like he knows what he's out there for: to play great defense.

I'd say that both Ray and Rondo are completely expendable at this point, as per our last 4 games have shown.

There's this guy down in ATL named Josh Smith who'd look really good as a Celtic right about now. He's been having some really good games. Check out his stat line for tonight's game against Detroit for instance. With the rumor that ATL management would love to lower their payroll, I think they'd take Ray and a first, if necessary, and ship Smith a bit north of where he's currently playing.

With Smith, we'd have another legit guy who can defend the post area and provide great weakside defense. We'd also be in better shape to challenge the Miami's and Chicago's when the playoffs roll around - especially Chicago with their ability to rebound like they do.

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 01:03:20 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I'm really lucky this forum doesn't have negative tommy points. 
Ya think?

As this team starts to show they are the team they were in 2008, 2009, 2010 and last year before all the injuries, I don't think you will be the only one thinking....I may have been a bit hasty with the whole blow it up talk.

TP4U though. Just cuz I like u.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 02:17:15 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732

I pray that THIS TIME when he trades - he's mindful of the affect it could have on the team.

Febuary 2011 was SO DESTRUCTIVE to this team...I'll never forget it.

I agree with who was traded and what we got in return and WHY it happened, but man! That trade took the wind out of Boston's sails.

I just don't think that team recovered fully after that.

your comments make no sense - if the Feb. 2011 trade (Perk) was SO DESTRUCTIVE (which it was), then how could you agree with "who was traded and what we got in return and WHY it happened"

you essentially call it an awful trade and then say you agree with Danny Boy for making it.

why not just state the plain truth - the Perk Trade was a terrible idea and Danny screwed the Celtics and us fans due to his neurotic need to prove how clever he thinks he is.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I (somewhat) agree with the OP. This little win streak is nice and all, but this team isn't winning a title this year. This team - as currently - constructed - is still going to fall to Miami or Chicago in the playoffs, IMO.

It's time to stop holding on to the glory days of 07-08 and make a trade that will help us rebuild for the future.

TP.

Does it seem like a coincidence that we have a sense of renewed life after playing Moore and Bradley, in place of the injured Rondo? No Dooling, no Ray, the 1/2 SG's we had to start the year. Hell, even Sasha looks like he knows what he's out there for: to play great defense.

I'd say that both Ray and Rondo are completely expendable at this point, as per our last 4 games have shown.

There's this guy down in ATL named Josh Smith who'd look really good as a Celtic right about now. He's been having some really good games. Check out his stat line for tonight's game against Detroit for instance. With the rumor that ATL management would love to lower their payroll, I think they'd take Ray and a first, if necessary, and ship Smith a bit north of where he's currently playing.

With Smith, we'd have another legit guy who can defend the post area and provide great weakside defense. We'd also be in better shape to challenge the Miami's and Chicago's when the playoffs roll around - especially Chicago with their ability to rebound like they do.

Trade Ray, keep Rondo. I'd only be interested in adding Josh Smith if we keep Rondo - they're great friends, and played high school ball together. Me thinks they'd have incredible chemistry on the court.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman