Author Topic: Boston / Minny Trade Idea  (Read 1605 times)

Boston / Minny Trade Idea
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7dnbgew

It'd prob take a 1st and 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal for Minny.

Yes, I already know what everyone will say: Michael Beasley is a headcase. But he's also young and talented - and we're running extremely short on young talent. I think he can flourish in the right system, and I still think he may do better as a full-time PF. Let Beas play half a season with KG before we renounce KG's rights this offseason to free up cap. Having Rondo and Beas may put us in a better position to seriously go after D12 should he make it to free agency.

As far as Ridnour - we take him back to make salaries work, and the either buy him out or let him finish the season here and amnesty his contract this offseason.

Why does Minny do it? Ray Allen could play a mentor-role on their young team, but the caveat here would be capspace for them. They get out of the rest of Ridnour's deal and also get out of having to sign Beasley longterm this offseaon, but have something to show for it in the two picks.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Boston / Minny Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
No way, no how to Michael Beasley.  He's a net negative.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:35 PM »

Offline Celticjay

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think you don't need to add any picks to that deal.  Maybe a pick comes our way.  Beasley isn't in their plans and he really isn't a fit for their roster with love and their other bigs..

I think if they threw in Wes Johnson I'd do it..  Beasley doesn't seem Celtic material though. I'd like to get my hands on their HUGE Russian Center.  Not Darko the other fella..

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Minny doesn't need B's with Derrick Williams, but I doubt they'd want a guy with 1 or 2 years left in return for him.  They'd rather get a younger guy back.  Might be different if they were looking for a final piece for a title run, but they aren't there yet, so no reason to give B's away.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Always loved Beasley, thought he could (still think he can) become a big time player.  It's funny how trade machine says we lose 5 more games with this trade; this would definitely improve this team.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:10:49 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Reason I don't like it:

-Beasly doesn't fill a need this year...duplicates pierce.

-Beasly is a full FA after this year, so bye capspace if we want to keep him. Even after several years in the league, not sure if he's worth the extension he'll command....if cost controlled, maybe, but he's not. He's FA.

-So we'd be taking on a future FA who we'd have to either get rid of after a couple month rental if we wanted to preserve space or probably overpay, and in addition be taking on ridnour's guaranteed deal, which would definitely eat away capspace. No thanks.

So I'd only deal with Minny if we were getting all expirings in return or getting a contract but a future cost controlled contract also...basically derrick williams in return. NOt an FA and a guaranteed contract after giving up an expiring contract.