Author Topic: So have the celtics now convinced dwight to come here?  (Read 9169 times)

Re: So have the celtics now convinced dwight to come here?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
I thought Dwight's knee into Pietrus' back was a jealous move...

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 04:59:16 PM »

Offline LeoMoreno

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
"Come and watch us play against the mean, green Boston Celtics on Thursday!" With a huge, optimistic smile on his face.

I'm sure he wishes it didn't offend anyone in Beantown.

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:47 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
Those are legit points LarBrd33 and well stated. Two questions for me are:

How much would LA have to give up in a trade to get Howard now - for me if I'm Orlando Bynum is not nearly enough and if Orlando is on the markets, good teams should be lining up to put a package together. Bynum is talented, maybe mores than Howard, but he's really injury prone. I'd rather take back a package centered around, for example, Ibaka / Harden or Hibbert / George than something around Bynum and certainly over a Chandler / Stoudemire package. Chandler's a role player at $15 mil and Amar'e is 31 next season, a couple seasons away from significant decline and/or a bad landing away from anothe rknee issue...

2. If LA doesn't get Howard in trade, they will very likely have no cap room to sign him in the off season without unloading some major talent elsewhere...which means they'd probably have to gut the team, Pau and Kobe have another couple years in 'em at a "high level" - what's their core look like, the young talent?

I completely agree he'd be a good fit their right now with Kobe and Pau and he probably would like to go their as one option but I'm not sure how he gets there and still had a team around him...     

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

How much would LA have to give up in a trade to get Howard now - for me if I'm Orlando Bynum is not nearly enough and if Orlando is on the markets, good teams should be lining up to put a package together. Bynum is talented, maybe mores than Howard, but he's really injury prone. I'd rather take back a package centered around, for example, Ibaka / Harden or Hibbert / George than something around Bynum and certainly over a Chandler / Stoudemire package. Chandler's a role player at $15 mil and Amar'e is 31 next season, a couple seasons away from significant decline and/or a bad landing away from anothe rknee issue...

2. If LA doesn't get Howard in trade, they will very likely have no cap room to sign him in the off season without unloading some major talent elsewhere...which means they'd probably have to gut the team, Pau and Kobe have another couple years in 'em at a "high level" - what's their core look like, the young talent?

I completely agree he'd be a good fit their right now with Kobe and Pau and he probably would like to go their as one option but I'm not sure how he gets there and still had a team around him...     

It's a waiting game right now. But are you telling me that once the trade deadline creeps up and the Magic have no assurance Dwight will return... they aren't going to take Bynum or Lopez?  Better than getting nothing, right? 

Hopeful Celtic fans are banking on the Magic preferring NOTHING to Bynum or Lopez.  What's more likely?

And you better believe this is causing a distraction for Orlando.  If our mediocre team's last two games against them wasn't enough proof of that, I don't know what is.

I'd put money on "Dwight to Boston" being a dead topic by the trade deadline.

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Is Dwight Howard a player who can lead his team through tight games doing whatever is necessary ala pierce, kg, rondo, kobe  :-\ , duncan
He hasn't proven it yet.  Nice stats but I don't see a leadership bone in him. 

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 06:52:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't think we have convinced anyone but at least we are not a flat out no.   We still have issues with our window of talent closing.  I think the trade line could see him traded too.

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Is Dwight Howard a player who can lead his team through tight games doing whatever is necessary ala pierce, kg, rondo, kobe  :-\ , duncan
He hasn't proven it yet.  Nice stats but I don't see a leadership bone in him. 

Yeah I agree. We got a good look at him this week with 2 games in four days.  He still has no offensive skill sets.  All he does is pick a move from his arsenal and goes through with it no matter what; he has no agility to do fakes and adapt to what the defender is doing ala an Olajuwon or Admiral.  Bynum is a better player, but a proven to be more of a health risk.  I guess if DH12 can make his running hooks at a very high percentage that is fine, but he can't.  His FG% is only up there because of all the dunks.

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

It's a waiting game right now. But are you telling me that once the trade deadline creeps up and the Magic have no assurance Dwight will return... they aren't going to take Bynum or Lopez?  Better than getting nothing, right? 

Hopeful Celtic fans are banking on the Magic preferring NOTHING to Bynum or Lopez.  What's more likely?

And you better believe this is causing a distraction for Orlando.  If our mediocre team's last two games against them wasn't enough proof of that, I don't know what is.

I'd put money on "Dwight to Boston" being a dead topic by the trade deadline.

The problem with Bynum is that if the Magic take him, they're right back to this same scenario next year. This is probably why he is not already a Laker. There is a lot of possibilities that could happen between now and the deadline. If DH12 to Boston possible? Absolutely...is it probable? Probably not. Hell, the Bulls could call up Otis tonight and say we'll give you Noah and filler...

This season has been very unpredictable to begin with

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
Any chance of a Howard for Oden+ deal?

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Any chance of a Howard for Oden+ deal?

Not if they are sober.

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, if the Celtics haven't convinced him, then NOH is doing it, now.

Poor ORL is getting pummeled by them right now.

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
After these last two games im sure howard would rather be anywhere but Orlando...And im sure he is making it be known.

Based on the way he has played, I am wondering if he actually decided this before the games, and the results of the games have been more a result of his choices, then they are guiding his choices.  It is eerily reminiscent to the Cleveland series in 2010.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
After these last two games im sure howard would rather be anywhere but Orlando...And im sure he is making it be known.

Based on the way he has played, I am wondering if he actually decided this before the games, and the results of the games have been more a result of his choices, then they are guiding his choices.  It is eerily reminiscent to the Cleveland series in 2010.

Yup. D-Ho has been awful these past few games. It's like he's trying to play his way out of
Orlando asap.

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:26 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Dwight played well tonight, by the numbers - 28-16 on efficient shooting. 

But nobody else on his team is playing like they even belong in the NBA. 

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hopefully he's picked up on how awesome it is to be a part of the Celtic tradition.