Author Topic: Realistic Rondo Trade  (Read 1428 times)

Realistic Rondo Trade
« on: January 25, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Rondo plus filler (Dooling) for  Darren Collison and Danny Grainger.

Pacers have been intrigued with Rajon for some time. Rondo is a huge upgrade over Collison, but in order to get him they have to deal Danny.

Grainger is 28 and is scoring 16 ppg this season. Not a perfect fit.  The Pacers could slide 6'8" Paul George to SF, probably his future position anyway, and play D. Jones and G. Hill and the two.

Re: Realistic Rondo Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:45 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I would do it, but don't see the Pacers doing it. Collison's a capable point guard and Granger, despite his faults, is still a very valuable player in this league.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I would never do that, Granger is not a team player and i don't like to lose Rondo. Rondo is getting better every season he is not even in his prime.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I agree with Ticket on this one. I might do it for something like:

Rondo for Paul George and Collison. For me Rondo is an elite point. Collison is a good point and George, while promising, hasn't proven anything yet - particularly that he is money down the stretch.

We know Rondo has a tendency to perform at a very high level when the chips are on the line. It's hard to place a value on that.

I would only do the trade for George and Collison if I truly felt George was going special in the sense of being more than just putting up good numbers within in 2-3 years down the road.

Rondo can dominate a game. Can Collison or George? 

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
No way the Pacers do this; with the way their season is going they are not breaking up their team and trading 2 starters for a guy who's not a top 15, impact player in this league.