Author Topic: Magic (11-4) at Celtics (6-9) 1/23  (Read 82382 times)

Re: Magic (11-4) at Celtics (6-9) 1/23
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2012, 01:44:39 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I like this quote from the Captain, somewhat calling out Rajon and Ray to step it up

"Hopefully it'll funnel over to the guys that were out," said Pierce, who followed a 34-point effort in a win at Washington on Sunday. "There's no more excuses."
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2012, 02:16:03 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I like this quote from the Captain, somewhat calling out Rajon and Ray to step it up

"Hopefully it'll funnel over to the guys that were out," said Pierce, who followed a 34-point effort in a win at Washington on Sunday. "There's no more excuses."

I think this is more towards RR than anyone... how late it takes for him to get the offense going in possessions, he takes it down to a few seconds before we start our sets. Maybe defensively too, how he always goes for the steals instead of keeping his man in front of him as well as AB did tonight... KG didn't have to worry about keeping an eye on Nelson (w/e was their backup pg) driving down the lane and dishing at will, he could focus on Howard,  which he did very well! I think RR gambles way too much on defense, it ends up drawing our bigs on help far too much. -my opinion don't get up in arms people.  :-*  ;)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Pierce is a guy that needs the ball in his hands a lot in order to play at his peak level. Rondo dribbling the clock down the way he does, only to dish it off to an unsuspecting member of the big three, is accidental offense. They are all good enough to knock down the shots he gives them, so his assist numbers stay up.

« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2012, 02:39:15 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Pierce is a guy that needs the ball in his hands a lot in order to play at his peak level. Rondo dribbling the clock down the way he does, only to dish it off to an unsuspecting member of the big three, is accidental offense. They are all good enough to knock down the shots he gives them, so his assist numbers stay up.

Yep, that's what I was pretty much tryna say!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Holy holy!

I'm ... stunned!

Where ... where did this game come from?

Who were those Boston players? Where were they all along?

What... how?

Whuh... who were those Magic guys? Where is the real team?

And ... wow ... I think I don't know what to say :D

I'm going to show up to basketball practice this week with a hand on my mouth and my eyes wide in shock; I can't believe I've said what I've said about my Celtics :o They really proved me wrong tonight!

Let's hope they can do this again!

Sentiment well and truly echoed!

I half-expected to check the score today and see Dwight Howard go off for 56 points not this smack-down!

Stunned, delighted, can't wait to watch it all later .. (must concentrate on work now, must concentrate on ..)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2012, 08:08:53 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Wow. Didn't expect this result. Well, I did but I thought the blowout was going to be in Orlando's favor!

Glad the C's proved me wrong, though. To do it without Rondo, Ray, Pietrus and Dooling (not counting Wilcox because... well...) and on a back to back?! Amazing. Definitely the best performance of the year, hopefully the first of many to come.

I just loved the energy of the entire team, who had more hustle plays in one game than all season long. Big kudos to Bradley, I'm always the first to criticize the kid but he was awesome on defense, so good in fact that I for once didn't care if he missed shots because he contributed so much beyond that with his D. I thought he was more confident too.

Also, it was a guilty pleasure to watch Baby brick shot after shot since for once he was on the opposing team... and I think the C's did make a concerted effort to leave him open shots (so he could brick them) and double team him in the paint (so he could force shots and miss them). Loved that.

« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
To Quote Shawn Thornton,

"I guess we don't suck that bad afterall, huh celticsblog?"
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Also, it was a guilty pleasure to watch Baby brick shot after shot since for once he was on the opposing team... and I think the C's did make a concerted effort to leave him open shots (so he could brick them) and double team him in the paint (so he could force shots and miss them). Loved that.

Nah, I wouldn't feel guilty, Drucci.  I won't when I'm watching it all later!!  :P
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I really don't think the Captain was calling out Ray and Rondo as he was calling out Dooling and Wilcox. Since when has Ray or Rondo given less than 100% this year. Heck, if anything, they were maybe the only 2 to come into camp physically and mentally prepared and who got themselves hurt while being on the court giving 120%.