Now who's better? Manning or Brady?

Peyton Manning
12 (20%)
Tom Brady
44 (73.3%)
Eli
4 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Now who's better? Manning or Brady?  (Read 29175 times)

Re: Now who's better? Manning or Brady?
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 588
Brady had had better teams and 1coach his entire career there.

Hard to compare these two in a vacuum.
RIght. If Brady had had to play his whole career with Marvin Harrison and Edgerin James and Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne, and Peyton had had David Patten and David Givens and Antoine Smith maybe things would be a little more evened up.

I'll reply with this: when brady missed a year the pats went 11-5. When manning went down the colts won the suck for luck sweepstakes. 

This is moot anyways, Favre was better than both  ;D
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The only reason Peyton Manning's out of the playoffs is because of John Fox. That L is all on him.

Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

RIght. If Brady had had to play his whole career with Marvin Harrison and Edgerin James and Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne, and Peyton had had David Patten and David Givens and Antoine Smith maybe things would be a little more evened up.

I'll reply with this: when brady missed a year the pats went 11-5. When manning went down the colts won the suck for luck sweepstakes. 

This is moot anyways, Favre was better than both  ;D
Ah yes. And he managed to take a team that lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs with Tebow to....a 2nd round loss in the playoffs.  And now look at the Colts. With a rookie they're about as good as they were with peyton

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Would the o- lines be swapped too? I'd love to see Brady's career with Jeff Saturday at center.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2013, 09:55:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Would the o- lines be swapped too? I'd love to see Brady's career with Jeff Saturday at center.
And Tarrik Glen at LT? Sure. Swap those lines. I don't mind.

« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2013, 10:54:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
both lost to Baltimore first playoff game after missing whole seasons due to injury
Yup

« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25

And Tarrik Glen at LT? Sure. Swap those lines. I don't mind.

I think if Manning had been with the Patriots, he would have had an even more incredible career that he had already had.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2013, 12:07:24 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
after tonight Brady has almost twice as many post season wins as Manning despite Manning having two extra years of starting NFL football.

It's official. P Manning is just another guy that played during the Brady years

I really hope that last line was sarcasm.  Because Manning isn't just a footnote.  That is like saying Marino is just a footnote during Montana's years.  We all know that the 49's had better teams than the Dolphins and won the super bowls but the comparison doesn't happen in a vacuum.

P. Manning probably passes Marino to be 2nd all time in passing yards ever.  That feat shouldn't be a foot note during the Brady years.  And obviously Brady is an incredible QB.

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
The only reason Peyton Manning's out of the playoffs is because of John Fox. That L is all on him.
Really.  that 3rd and 7 was called a pass play, Manning audibled it into a run.  Maybe if Manning would have called the original play they pick up the first down and ice the game (or maybe he throws a pick six, who knows).  Manning played poorly, but so did the entire Denver team aside from the kick returner.  Baltimore out played Denver in that game and won every statistical category of note except time of possession and kick/punt return yards.  Fox isn't the guy who got beat on 3 long TD passes.  Fox isn't the guy that turned the ball over 3 times.  Fox isn't the guy that hit the ground a foot behind the ball on a FG attempt.  Fox isn't the guy that couldn't convert a first down to ice the game.  Sure, Denver should have tried to move the ball with 30 seconds left and the score tied, but that isn't why they lost the game (they did after all have multiple possessions in OT).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Again?

Didn't you put Brady down for a win last year when you started this thread?

Wait until he actually finishes the playoffs this season. 

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2013, 10:13:01 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I feel like this debate gets bumped every time one or the other gets bumped from the playoffs.

Both are Top 5 All-Time QBs. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team