Now who's better? Manning or Brady?

Peyton Manning
12 (20%)
Tom Brady
44 (73.3%)
Eli
4 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Now who's better? Manning or Brady?  (Read 29174 times)

Re: Now who's better? Manning or Brady?
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Brady by far

Look at the TD-INT ratio compared to Peyton. Blows him out of the water.

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Brady by far

The stats don't show any clear separation. Peyton throws picks slightly more often and TDs slightly less often (2.2 INT% 5.8 TD% Brady, 2.7 INT% 5.7 TD% for Peyton)

But Brady takes more sacks and fumbles the ball more often, more total in far less games than Peyton. (Brady 276 sacks 4.9% sack% and 78 fumbles, Peyton 231 3.1% sack% 57 fumbles)

Passer ratings near identical, yards per completion near identical, net yards per attempt very close, etc, etc.

Basically if you think one is clearly better than the other you're weighting # SB runs or defense/coaching support.

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I think its obviously pretty easy to tell the difference between a good QB and a bad one.  But differentiating between two great QB's is very difficult, especially since they have unique strengths that makes them great.  

I think both Brady and Manning throw great, catchable passes, but I think Manning might be a touch more consistent, its not often you see him just completly whiff a pass, though we do see it every once in a while from Brady.

I think Brady is better with the intangables, Manning often shows his body language and brings his team down as a result if things arent going his way.

One final thing to add, I do not think that you would ever in a million years see Manning dive over the pile like Brady did yesterday.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I find the timing of this thread a bit odd. 

Brady plays one of his worst games in recent memory, even referencing the fact that he "sucked", plus there is still one very large game to be played that will have legacy ramifications all over the place.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Brady by far

The stats don't show any clear separation. Peyton throws picks slightly more often and TDs slightly less often (2.2 INT% 5.8 TD% Brady, 2.7 INT% 5.7 TD% for Peyton)

But Brady takes more sacks and fumbles the ball more often, more total in far less games than Peyton. (Brady 276 sacks 4.9% sack% and 78 fumbles, Peyton 231 3.1% sack% 57 fumbles)

Passer ratings near identical, yards per completion near identical, net yards per attempt very close, etc, etc.

Basically if you think one is clearly better than the other you're weighting # SB runs or defense/coaching support.
so following Don's theory of the tie breaker Tom emerges the winner

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I find the timing of this thread a bit odd. 

Brady plays one of his worst games in recent memory, even referencing the fact that he "sucked", plus there is still one very large game to be played that will have legacy ramifications all over the place.
If Brady plays a horrid Super Bowl then Peyton fans would have something, but we'd still have Peyton's game losing Super Bowl int

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Brady by far

Indeed by way of being a Pats fan the tiebreaker goes to Brady for most here.

Well that and the fact that Tom Brady is so [dang] inspiring to his defenses over the years. Clearly Tebow learned how to inspire the other side of the ball from Brady's fine work.

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

One final thing to add, I do not think that you would ever in a million years see Manning dive over the pile like Brady did yesterday.

That's a good point, Manning has never been one to sacrifice his body like that.

I'm not sure if any QB in the league is better at the QB sneak than Brady.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

That's a good point, Manning has never been one to sacrifice his body like that.

I'm not sure if any QB in the league is better at the QB sneak than Brady.
He used to have a scattering of rushing TDs till the last few years. I wouldn't be shocked the coaches stopped calling sneaks for him ever after his neck injury 3 or 4 years ago.

Brady/Rodgers are the best two QBs at sneaks I've seen in the league lately.

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Brady by far

Indeed by way of being a Pats fan the tiebreaker goes to Brady for most here.

Well that and the fact that Tom Brady is so [dang] inspiring to his defenses over the years. Clearly Tebow learned how to inspire the other side of the ball from Brady's fine work.
Tim did say he could learn from Tom. 

I definitely think that the exact same defense was playing harder for/with Tom than they were Bledsoe.

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2013, 07:18:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So projecting a win for the Patriots.

So consider this...

Tom Brady has won more AFC championship games than the amount of games Manning has won against Brady.

Manning has won 9 playoff games. Brady has played in 7 AFC championship games.

Brady has one less Super Bowl wins than the amount of wins that Manning has against him.

The head to head record is 10-4. 

Manning makes more commercials. Sometimes he wears fake mustaches. Sometimes he talks to cars. Sometimes he plays ping pong with Justin Timberlake.

Generally speaking Peyton is the bigger college legend. But his team won the national championship the year after he left. With Tee Martin at the helm.

Brady won Super Bowls against Donovan McNabb and Kurt Warner...two possible HOFers. Manning beat Rex Grossman. 

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
it wasnt a choice i know but

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
manning...eli.  2-0 head to head ;D

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
manning...eli.  2-0 head to head ;D
In a head to head situation Eli is a lot better than Tom

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Brady!! I like Manning but Brady is just better! More rings, better head to head and yet again deeper in the offseason this year! :)