Now who's better? Manning or Brady?

Peyton Manning
12 (20%)
Tom Brady
44 (73.3%)
Eli
4 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Now who's better? Manning or Brady?  (Read 29194 times)

Re: Now who's better? Manning or Brady?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
you gotta wonder how many Indy fans wish they'd had Brady cause no Pats fans wish we had Peyton

... and no Pats fans wish they had Jim Caldwell (or frankly Tony Dungy) or the Indy defense, either.
Dungy was 2nd team on the NFL 2000's all-decade team. The Hall of Fame committee did that voting.

But then again you know what I think of the Hall of Fame

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 10:22:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
you gotta wonder how many Indy fans wish they'd had Brady cause no Pats fans wish we had Peyton

... and no Pats fans wish they had Jim Caldwell (or frankly Tony Dungy) or the Indy defense, either.
Dungy was 2nd team on the NFL 2000's all-decade team. The Hall of Fame committee did that voting.

Dungy gets votes because he's an extremely likeable guy.  I'm not sure he's the second best coach of the decade, though.  Cowher has to be ahead of him, at the very least.  I'd probably put him quite a bit lower than that, though; I never got the sense that teams were over-achieving under Dungy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 10:26:06 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Dungy gets votes because he's an extremely likeable guy.  I'm not sure he's the second best coach of the decade, though.  Cowher has to be ahead of him, at the very least.  I'd probably put him quite a bit lower than that, though; I never got the sense that teams were over-achieving under Dungy.
Cowher wasn't likable?

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Cowher wasn't likable?

Less likeable than Dungy.  Better coach, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 10:32:19 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
If I counted right Peyton Manning played with 43 pro bowl years to Tom Brady's 44. Only Peyton started a couple years earlier and 2008 doesn't count for Brady cause he was hurt that year

Not counting their own

Some of Brady's pro bowls were Matt Slater this year. Andre Carter this year. Not included is the year Rodney Harrison didn't go to the Pro Bowl but was named All Pro. Two years for Larry izzo.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/all-pros.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/all-pros.htm

This whole thing that Brady played with vastly better players and coaches is just myth.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:49:34 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Cowher wasn't likable?

Is Belichek likable?

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 10:34:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Dungy gets votes because he's an extremely likeable guy.  I'm not sure he's the second best coach of the decade, though.  Cowher has to be ahead of him, at the very least.  I'd probably put him quite a bit lower than that, though; I never got the sense that teams were over-achieving under Dungy.
Cowher wasn't likable?

Is Belichek likable?

I sure like him :)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It's of slight note that Peyton played with the Colts all time leader in receiving yards, rushing yards, and all time winningest coach, and numbers 1 and 2 all time sacks leaders and several of the Colts top ten all time ints leaders.

Whereas Brady played only with the Pats winningest coach. McGinnest (many of whose sacks were with Bledsoe) and Vrabel rank 2nd and fourth for the Pats. He played with the #1 (Law) and #10 (Asante) int leaders. Many of Law's were with Bledsoe

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 10:53:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Funny how things can change in a year:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=43792.0

;)

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
They settle this in Superbowl. Manning Vs Brady

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
brady but my boy Eli is slowing moving into competition!  ;)

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Funny how things can change in a year:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=43792.0

;)
I always maintained that Tom was better than Peyton.   Eli I'm getting nervous about.

That said Tom admitted he was cruddy tonight. I definitely think the Colts should look into trading Peyton, but it won't work cause of his huge contract.

Tom is one of the top 5 QBs ever. But his best days are way behind him and he hasn't contributed to a big playoff win since 2008 unless you count the Broncos, which I do, because beating Tim Tebow is a Divine miracle.

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 11:04:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Tom Brady now has more Super Bowl appearances than Peyton, Eli, Archie, Cooper, and Mrs. Manning combined.

Also for the majority of his career Peyton had this many pro bowlers on defense....

Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis on the edges

Cato June at linebacker

Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea in the secondary

On the line
Tarik Glenn to protect his blind side and Jeff Saturday to hike him the ball, and if you consider a TE a lineman he had Ken Dilger in 2001 and Dallas Clark most of his career, whereas Brady never had a TE pro bowler till this year and used Vrabel there multiple times

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 11:10:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So which Manning are we talking about?   ;)

I'm guessing you're not trying to say Eli.  Because, in two weeks when Eli beats Brady yet again.  Then What?   ;D

Yes, I'm a Giants fan.  And, no, I'm not here to start trouble.

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
So which Manning are we talking about?   ;)

I'm guessing you're not trying to say Eli.  Because, in two weeks when Eli beats Brady yet again.  Then What?   ;D

Yes, I'm a Giants fan.  And, no, I'm not here to start trouble.
That's when I restart the Trade Brady thread by suggesting we shop him, then everyone misquotes me for a year